Toyota Nation Forum banner

381 - 400 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Corolla SE 6MT Sedan
164 Posts
I switched out the 'SE red' for a light-med gray instead today on the custom vinyl mod that serves to break up the overextended dark-gray/black front grill/housing chasm on the SE/XSE sedan. I was looking for something a bit more low-key, conservative & blending. I don't have any pics taken yet of the new gray color choice, but will try to get some up this weekend. I like it better personally, even if it isn't as dramatic/bold up front any more as the previous red (shown below). More my speed. (y)

View attachment 292366
Not the best setting or lighting, but here is a phone-pic I took at work the other day with the changed-out vinyl color. I like it better, since it is more low-key & conservative, & just generally more my speed. I liked the red also, but it just popped a bit too much for my personal tastes. Just a little something to add a touch of tasteful, factory-quality, customization & individualism to my Corolla, considering that these cars will literally be all over the place soon. Plus, I think it looks better when all that solid black/dark-gray up-front from one end to the other is broken up a bit. (y)

·
Registered
Corolla Hatchback
683 Posts
Broke out the welder today to finally finish the exhaust. Put on Headman Headers resonated tips. Not really the style of tip I was looking for, but for sure the results I was looking for. I don't think it looks bad, but not what I initially had in my head. Sometimes you have to sacrifice form, for function.

The issue I was having was the interior volume of the exhaust. It was a combo of the exhaust tone, not clearing the rear bumper, and frequency. I would get drone and even vibration inside the car and it was a bit unsettling for some drives. Now with the resonated tips, the frequency is changed and the exhaust is actually clearing the rear bumper. So no more drone inside, no more vibrations, and a happy me.

·
Registered
8 Posts

A little late but had my windows tinted and ppf installed about a month ago. Crazy to have heavy rain in Michigan in January...

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,083 Posts
Broke out the welder today to finally finish the exhaust. Put on Headman Headers resonated tips. Not really the style of tip I was looking for, but for sure the results I was looking for. I don't think it looks bad, but not what I initially had in my head. Sometimes you have to sacrifice form, for function.

The issue I was having was the interior volume of the exhaust. It was a combo of the exhaust tone, not clearing the rear bumper, and frequency. I would get drone and even vibration inside the car and it was a bit unsettling for some drives. Now with the resonated tips, the frequency is changed and the exhaust is actually clearing the rear bumper. So no more drone inside, no more vibrations, and a happy me.
That sounded great after you turned around and got on it. Love the sound.

·
Registered
Corolla Hatchback
683 Posts
That sounded great after you turned around and got on it. Love the sound.
It lost a little of it's high end rasp :( But still, I love the sound of it. More importantly, I LOVE the sound of inside the car now. No more interior drones, or vibrations from low frequencies.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,083 Posts
I was at the dealer today and saw a new Highlander. It would be nice if they could make the stereo on the new Corolla and RAV4 more like this. It looks so much better and more integrated with the dash. I like how it doesn't sit up so high too.

·
Registered
Corolla Hatchback
683 Posts
JBL is the premium upgraded radio. So that one should have a proper nav system.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,083 Posts
Is that a Giulia in front of the HL?
Yep. Several of us were talking about how long it took the previous owner to trade it in on a reliable Toyota. The sales person said he had nothing but problems with it even though he loved how the car drove. Traded it in for a Camry V6 he said. On a different note they had just sold a Supra to a guy that traded in a Scion xA. 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
straight cash homie
19,607 Posts
Yep. Several of us were talking about how long it took the previous owner to trade it in on a reliable Toyota. The sales person said he had nothing but problems with it even though he loved how the car drove. Traded it in for a Camry V6 he said. On a different note they had just sold a Supra to a guy that traded in a Scion xA. 🤣 🤣 🤣
That Giulia owner should have leased instead of purchase. Many would be owners are weary of the reputation, but I agree they are a blast to drive, when they work.

That Scion xA must have insane residual to cover that Zupra.

381 - 400 of 413 Posts