Toyota Nation Forum banner

541 - 556 of 556 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Corolla XSE
3 Posts
I finally took my car in today for some protective & preventative mods, plus the one playful mod that I wanted to try. I ended up doing more than I originally planned, since I plan to keep this car for some time, & wanted to get it protected from the harsh Southern Arizona environment & such as much as possible. Only the release of an authentic Toyota TNGA Yaris SE/XSE hatchback in the U.S. will tempt me away from this girl - and I won't hold my breath on that one. :ROFLMAO:

(1) Tinted FULL front inside windshield with 3M Crystalline grade 70% tint. This stuff blocks the incoming windshield heat & UV to such a degree that my automatic climate control system has the fan blowing on low settings at 110+ degree temperatures outside. It is barely darker than untinted & outside visibility is unchanged.

(2) Had a 3M clear bra put on headlights to protect them from ever hazing/pitting/scratching or otherwise not looking clear & new. I had this on my 2015 Yaris, & was very happy with the performance of it. It has a 10 year warranty to not discolor or otherwise degrade in any noticeable way.

(3) Had the "full frontal" Suntek Ultra Paint Protection UV/Scratch/Chip film package applied, which covers the full hood, side mirrors, & front bumper painted areas. It also has a 10 year warranty to not discolor or otherwise degrade in any noticeable way. It really is invisible unless you are actively looking for it on the car.

(4) Decided to try the surgical front 3M vinyl wrap experiment that I mentioned in other posts, to break up the long horizontal front dark-gray grill/housing area of the SE/XSE sedan. I was going to go with white, but decided to try a sporty 'SE red' to match the rear SE badging color, just for the fun of it. I may switch to white later on down the road to give that a try. I'm sure white will give it a more conservative/traditional pulled-together front fascia look & vibe. It's also easy enough to remove if I ever want to get back to the normal factory look.

NOTE: The side & rear windows were already tinted by dealership with Suntek CXP tint, so I am sticking with that.

So, here is a pic of the modified front fascia of the car after the small vinyl grill/housing project idea that I had was installed yesterday. I like how it breaks up the giant gaping dark-gray/black front maw of the stock/factory SE/XSE sedan appearance.

Should I stick with 'SE/XSE badge red' up front, or switch it to a white that closely matches the color of the paint?

View attachment 282658

Can you tell me where you got the Paint protection done and do you mind letting me know what the cost should be for our cars?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Alignment time. New wheels too (about a week with them already).
I'm a miffed that Fitment Industries sold me the TPMS sensors and they seem to not be able to be programmed.
I'll research a little more to see if there is still hope.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Alignment time. New wheels too (about a week with them already).
I'm a miffed that Fitment Industries sold me the TPMS sensors and they seem to not be able to be programmed.
I'll research a little more to see if there is still hope.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Did they give you the ID number printed on the TPMS sensor themselves? That's how our and the newer Toyotas are programmed. If not then you would have to dismount/remount tires for the ID numbers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did they give you the ID number printed on the TPMS sensor themselves? That's how our and the newer Toyotas are programmed. If not then you would have to dismount/remount tires for the ID numbers.
Ugh, no. I've reached out to them to find more information.
Thanks for the info! I've never dealt with tire pressure sensors before.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Drove the car... first time in 3 weeks.... and man my car is dirty lol. Wish I had a garage

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thing that bothered me the most was after purchasing the car I realized the interiors lack of illuminated buttons especially on the top trim the xse. The fact that the hatch had door controls that lit up and the sedan with the exact same switches only had two out of 8 switches illuminated I was pissed. Toyota wanted close to 500$ for the assembly. Found Ann aftermarket one for 95$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had no idea the sedans switches weren't lighted. The Rav4 owners have the same issue, they found the Camry ones light up and are like $40 brand new from Toyota.

Differences are having the chrome tips or black tips, and either having the letter A or a dash lighted on the switch itself. I didn't dig too far into which has which combination of lights and tips.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had no idea the sedans switches weren't lighted. The Rav4 owners have the same issue, they found the Camry ones light up and are like $40 brand new from Toyota.

Differences are having the chrome tips or black tips, and either having the letter A or a dash lighted on the switch itself. I didn't dig too far into which has which combination of lights and tips.
The A comes on the Camry can’t remember if they have the chrome. I went with the A all black.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,467 Posts
Thing that bothered me the most was after purchasing the car I realized the interiors lack of illuminated buttons especially on the top trim the xse. The fact that the hatch had door controls that lit up and the sedan with the exact same switches only had two out of 8 switches illuminated I was pissed. Toyota wanted close to 500$ for the assembly. Found Ann aftermarket one for 95$.

I've never cared about these being lit because I never look at them when using them, I just do it by feel since it's very easy to tell the difference by feel without taking my eyes off of the road. If you like it then good for you though for finding a cheaper solution.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ordered these off Amazon. Remind me of the ESAM Visors I had on my xB1, so I had to have them.
I have the same!
The adhesive started to release at the front of the visors on both the driver and passenger side (areas closest to the side mirrors). I had to trim the adhesive and replace it with 3M double sided foam tape; about 2-2.5 inches worth.
I'd estimate the adhesive that came with the visors lasted about 2 months before the front of the visors were at risk of detaching due to the force of the air at freeway speeds. I read other reviews that mentioned the stock adhesive wouldn't last.
I like these a lot and that indented area on the visors looks nice to my eye, although I've read reviews of others that don't like it.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota Corolla SE CVT
12 Posts
Few days ago I got the muffler replaced with a Borla S-Type with stock resonator/cat. Carbon fiber blue tip.

541 - 556 of 556 Posts