Toyota Nation Forum banner
1621 - 1640 of 1689 Posts

Β·
Registered
'21 Corolla Apex SE - 6mt - πŸ‘½
2,003 Posts
It comes red.. but when you placed your order you could ask for a different color in the comment section.
I want custom DOO DOO BROWN to match my copper/bronze trim :)

Reactions: 19CCorollaHatch

Β·
Registered
21 Corolla HB, 18 XSE Camry, 17 Rav4 LE AWD
279 Posts
I to have just ordered the pulley kit in red. Contemplating the red throttle body spacer but by the sounds of things ppl seem to say stay away or does nothing.

Β·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I to have just ordered the pulley kit in red. Contemplating the red throttle body spacer but by the sounds of things ppl seem to say stay away or does nothing.
I'm not so concerned about an ITB spacer doing nothing, any application I've seen yields benefits but GGP seems like a newer / yet to be established company (not insulting them) so until independent tests are done with said parts - it's only guessing as far as I'm concerned. The pulley on the other hand has plenty of history NST has been proven and Been around forever + there are several dyno sheets showing results.

Reactions: 19CCorollaHatch

Β·
Registered
2,003 Posts
NST seems to have a lot of unhappy customers online I hope we don't get the same treatment that I have read
Is it a quality or customer support issue? I hate buying cheap crap - had issues with Megan racing before... Hopefully these are isolated issues and not the latter as most people who are satisfied won't post any reviews.

I don't have any past experience with NST but I've heard about them forever, I just usually i/h/e + tune and call it a day lol

Β·
Registered
21 Corolla HB, 18 XSE Camry, 17 Rav4 LE AWD
279 Posts
It was there customer service nothing about faulty products. We will see how 19c and I fair out over the next few weeks. I watched a vid of the grocery getter throttle body on a new style 2.5 Camry and he seem to like it.

Β·
Registered
2,003 Posts
It was there customer service nothing about faulty products. We will see how 19c and I fair out over the next few weeks. I watched a vid of the grocery getter throttle body on a new style 2.5 Camry and he seem to like it.
GGP looks quality and his customer service is great from what I hear so that's a plus for me...and the fact he took the time to make products for us when others are "too busy" πŸ‘

Reactions: randoodle

Β·
Registered
166 Posts
Ordered my NST pulley as well.

I am pretty sure the Throttle Body spacer will not lead to extra HP. Not looking for that with the part. I have heard many reviews and seen several videos online that it improves the throttle response of the M20A-FKS engine, which is what I am looking for. There is a bit of lag on this engine, and it is worse for me with a CVT. I want to improve that if I can. Worth a shot. (have not installed it yet, will do so over this holiday weekend and report back).

Β·
Registered
166 Posts
Ok, I got bored so I just went and installed the GGP spacer. Took 15 minutes and went to go get some groceries after I did it. LOL, just for giggles and to test. Honestly don't know if there is much difference. It seemed a bit faster off the line and in a dig from 30-50, but I would have to have more experience to say for sure. It was also a bit cooler tonight, so think of any gain as sort of like driving with an intake on a cold night if there is one.

Super easy install, and if it does create a little better response may be worth it for not that much, bolt on, and easy to install or go back. No problems or CEL or anything at all to worry about. (hardest part was making sure the O-ring stayed in place, which I used my silicone bike grease for). Will follow up later after more driving and different weather to say if I think it made an improvement. (BTW, already have TRD intake and Midpipe/catback, so it was already improved from stock substantially).

Anybody else feel free to chime in, but I thought it was a bit better on initial offline and mid-range "step on the pedal" type actions. Probably no HP gain whatsoever.

Disconnected MAF wire loom and took cluster off the silicone boot of TRD intake, loosened hose clamp from throttle body with flathead screwdriver and pulled off the airbox and silicon boot to move out of the way. Here is a wide picture you can see with everything disconnect and the part in place to see how much access room you need:
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

Access to the Throttle Body the spacer is going behind. There are three 8mm hex bolts holding it on that will need to be removed, one on top and one on each side below. The part is clocked isometrically, so you can't screw it up, it only goes on one way (put the O-ring side outside toward the throttle body and the flat side toward the engine):
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive fuel system

Total tools I needed to use. Stubby Tekton socket wrench (highly recommend buying one of these for working in engine bays and tight spaces) with a short extension, 8mm socket and allen wrench socket set (can just use an allen wrench for your install), flathead screwdriver, and silicone grease to hold the O-ring in place (use this or something similar that will not degrade rubber/O-rings always).
Light Font Tool Auto part Gas

Final install with everything put together and tightened back up. Honestly, 15 minutes or less if you have any idea what you are doing. Took me longer to find my silicone grease and to write this post than do the install:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Vehicle

Shoe Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Β·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Ok, I got bored so I just went and installed the GGP spacer. Took 15 minutes and went to go get some groceries after I did it. LOL, just for giggles and to test. Honestly don't know if there is much difference. It seemed a bit faster off the line and in a dig from 30-50, but I would have to have more experience to say for sure. It was also a bit cooler tonight, so think of any gain as sort of like driving with an intake on a cold night if there is one.

Super easy install, and if it does create a little better response may be worth it for not that much, bolt on, and easy to install or go back. No problems or CEL or anything at all to worry about. (hardest part was making sure the O-ring stayed in place, which I used my silicone bike grease for). Will follow up later after more driving and different weather to say if I think it made an improvement. (BTW, already have TRD intake and Midpipe/catback, so it was already improved from stock substantially).

Anybody else feel free to chime in, but I thought it was a bit better on initial offline and mid-range "step on the pedal" type actions. Probably no HP gain whatsoever.

Disconnected MAF wire loom and took cluster off the silicone boot of TRD intake, loosened hose clamp from throttle body with flathead screwdriver and pulled off the airbox and silicon boot to move out of the way:
View attachment 357994

Access to the Throttle Body the spacer is going behind. There are three 8mm hex bolts holding it on that will need to be removed, one on top and one on each side below. The part is clocked isometrically, so you can't screw it up, it only goes on one way:
View attachment 357995

Total tools I needed to use. Stubby Tekton socket wrench (highly recommend buying one of these for working in engine bays and tight spaces) with a short extension, 8mm socket and allen wrench socket set (can just use an allen wrench for your install), flathead screwdriver, and silicone grease to hold the O-ring in place (use this or something similar that will not degrade rubber/O-rings always).
View attachment 357996

Final install with everything put together and tightened back up. Honestly, 15 minutes or less if you have any idea what you were doing. Took me longer to find my silicone grease and to write this post than do the install:
View attachment 357997

View attachment 357999
Did you disconnect the battery after for the car to re-learn?

Β·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Disconnected the battery during install and let it idle for 10 minutes before driving.
LOL jeez you sound like me haha - wish I could delete my previous post :)

This is literally what I do to a t for my installs too.

Β·
Registered
2,003 Posts
That guy alone makes me want to sell my car just because he owns one.

• Haha
Reactions: ma13c and Dcluley

Β·
Registered
166 Posts
Rotation mass, not unsprung mass. Braking, on a CVT, maybe. Suspension, dunno.

Just IMHO. But the reduction of rotation mass should help in response, I suppose.
Reduction of rotating mass on a wheel will definitely help braking performance. . . .NOT a crank pulley. ..

Guy is using terms for wheels to try to make an argument for a crank pulley that is absolute bullshit and makes no sense at all.

I'm assuming you meant on a CVT maybe the ECU uses "gear/enging braking" to assist (it might, I don't know in real life or sport/manual mode), but I don't see how a lower mass crank pulley would help that in any way whatsoever.

1621 - 1640 of 1689 Posts