Toyota Nation Forum banner
1641 - 1660 of 1689 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Corolla SE Hatchback
56 Posts
How I look at it is this.. the pulley is a weight reduction part. That's it. That's all.

You guys going on like you dropped $1000 on a part that's supposed to get 500 additional HP 😂🤣😂.

The haters in here... Unreal.

You want better braking performance AND weight reduction, 2J Racing has a new braking system setup due out soon for the e210. Bigger calipers and lighter.

You want better throttle response than what a spacer gives for $100.. which I think every little bit counts and worth it considering you can't buy much for $100 these days anyway... get the Pedal Commander, HUGE difference.

I'm almost done posting stuff in here, this is supposed to be a place where car guys support each other and learn about their cars.

If you're complaining about the dollar to performance value ratio... Then you better stop modifying your rides now because it doesn't get any better the more you add. You have to pay to play.

Peace out. ✌

·
Registered
166 Posts
Or we could look at it as reasonable claims.

a 1.5 kg difference in weight in a Pulley is reasonable to consider when on a rotating drive-train part to affect the drivetrain.

a 1.5 kg difference in weight not related to the braking system or suspension system is not likely to affect either of those systems and it would be misleading to try to present it as so.

Not trying to take away from you or any of us trying to modify our cars reasonably to have fun and maybe get a little more out of it. This is pure and simple BS, and should be brought up here. Not complaining about dollar value to performance ratio, but bringing up blatant false claims by a purported unbiased reviewer that led many of us to purchase this product.

It is my belief that others that may try to purchase a product to try to tinker and improve on their car know the truth that claims of certain sources that are cited on the manufacturer's website are false, and/or maybe biased toward a sales goal in a way, instead of honest performance reviews.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My comments wasn't directly for the goof driving around with his dog sleeping in the back seat trying to do a pull in a CVT claiming about huge performance gains like he just bolted down a supercharger to his 2.0.. probably not good representation of the company and or part, it was for members in this group that don't have much to add other than negative BS about whatever they can conjure up because they're bored.

If you bought a Toyota Corolla for fuel economy and as a safe commuter car congratulations, enjoy your car as it's probably one of the most reliable in that regard. But don't come on here and bash other members for trying new stuff or wanting something a little different or heaven forbid adding a little performance to the vehicle.

Pulleys and spacers should be considered as minor mods... anyone expecting huge gains to the areas of performance that they target will be disappointed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Gotcha man, I thought that was in response to my previous post.

I am on record here that I don't know if any of this would ever make my car fast, I'm just trying to make my car more fun every day in small increments. That's why I bought some of this small bolt-on stuff, and you know what, it worked.

Better to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow, every day.

·
Registered
21 Corolla HB, 18 XSE Camry, 17 Rav4 LE AWD
279 Posts
I have to agree there is not a hell of a lot of aftermarket parts out there for the e210 as of yet and every little bit helps. I made a thread a month or two back saying list your mods and why you picked them and if there was much of a difference. The GR will be nice but like 20-30k more for 100 hp is a fair bit of cash. I know there is gonna be more to the car than that but will the price difference be worth it. I may trade my Camry and Corolla in on the Gr or trade my Rav4 and Camry for a new Tacoma and keep the HB...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Where did I say that??? I said it improved acceleration. 0-60 times.

Those numbers are WITHOUT the tune. I've already said this.

It's winter in Canada, those numbers are also with WINTER tires on. Is there an issue here? Like WTF
What was the 0-60 improvement? The graphs you posted show 4 curves, what are they by color?

For all dyno runs posted out there for the spacer, the most gains it showed was on F150 +0.5% HP and under 2% ft-lbs of TQ...

·
Registered
56 Posts
What was the 0-60 improvement? The graphs you posted show 4 curves, what are they by color?

For all dyno runs posted out there for the spacer, the most gains it showed was on F150 +0.5% HP and under 2% ft-lbs of TQ...
Well that's not a dyno sheet and before you start in on that I never said it was... That's a screenshot of the GPS tracker I have hooked up.

Each line is a run. The stat you see is the best out of those runs. I have all my runs logged but if you did a simple search on Google you can compare from when it is stock factory numbers to what mine is at. I'm not giving you any information since it seems to me you're just here to hate. You can find out for yourself. Quoting stats from Ford garbage isn't credible imo.

It will be different again come spring when I do some runs with the pulley, catch can, the AMT Tune stage 2++, and performance rims and tires.

Again, NOT a dyno sheet and never did I say it was.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm not giving you any information since it seems to me you're just here to hate. You can find out for yourself. Quoting stats from Ford garbage isn't credible imo.
OK, if you say so :rolleyes: I am the most loving person I know, I even hug trees, although you seem to be a prickly one :geek:

And yes, I do my own research and did my share of car mods...

You claim these HP improvements without any credible data, so what makes your claims not "garbage"? There are dyno runs publicly posted on pretty much all mods we're discussing here, what makes them "garbage" including the wiki article I posted?

·
Registered
56 Posts
OK, if you say so :rolleyes: I am the most loving person I know, I even hug trees, although you seem to be a prickly one :geek:

And yes, I do my own research and did my share of car mods...

You claim these HP improvements without any credible data, so what makes your claims not "garbage"? There are dyno runs publicly posted on pretty much all mods we're discussing here, what makes them "garbage" including the wiki article I posted?
Ford = Garbage. That's what I meant by that. I like how you take things out of context.

Whatever man, I don't need to explain anything to a troll like you. You got it all figured out already and know everything already with your research. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Ford = Garbage. That's what I meant by that. I like how you take things out of context.

Whatever man, I don't need to explain anything to a troll like you. You got it all figured out already and know everything already with your research. Enjoy.
Why the name calling? Do you feel good when you type stuff like that?

All I asked was for you to back what you are saying here. Prove me wrong with data, labelling me doesn't prove that spacer adds any tangible improvements...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Why the name calling? Do you feel good when you type stuff like that?

All I asked was for you to back what you are saying here. Prove me wrong with data, labelling me doesn't prove that spacer adds any tangible improvements...
Ah I see. Let the passive-aggressive narcissistic comments flow through you.. 😂

That's a Star Wars reference.. incase you want to do more research.

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback SE CVT
316 Posts
The haters in here... Unreal.

I'm almost done posting stuff in here, this is supposed to be a place where car guys support each other and learn about their cars.
I catch this vibe all the time in this sub forum. More so since there is major hate for the CVT. Folks in here won't even believe that the TRD box does give a small, noticeable improvement in drivability.

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
15,006 Posts
At the end of the day, it’s your money and your car. Who cares what others think? But to put it here, they will have their comments.

For this very reason, I try to keep things to myself and not share. Why? It’s my car and I will do what I want with it.

Regardless, let’s keep this clean.

·
Registered
2021 Corolla Hatchback XSE
16 Posts
I catch this vibe all the time in this sub forum. More so since there is major hate for the CVT. Folks in here won't even believe that the TRD box does give a small, noticeable improvement in drivability.
Agreed, I get toxic car culture vibes in here and that's not what I expected to see from a corolla forum. Just let people do what they want and enjoy their cars. If you don't agree with claims, you don't need to keep arguing. Your car, your choice. Let's make this a welcoming place

·
Registered
166 Posts
After driving 200 miles to my parents' property for Thanksgiving, a mixture of highway and some twisty, somewhat hilly backroads, I can say that the GGP Throttle Body Spacer does indeed make a noticeable difference. Better throttle response and seemed like a bit of "immediate torque" in passing gear range when you step on it. Better off the line and better especially where it counts, in passing range, like 30-50 mph response for coming out of corner apex, passing, etc.

I would recommend it along with your chosen intake setup.

1641 - 1660 of 1689 Posts