Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well, i dont know if this counts but i just got done installing the Injen CAI for my buddies rolla XRS and i gotta say, that lift kicks in loud now! He loves it hahaha too bad he has no knowledge of how to drive it like he stole it, he just knows to shift when it hits redline and then i was the driver and all hell broke loose. LOL. Its not everyday i get to drive a car with lift since mines a 1zz hahah.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Got my car hand washed and waxed today at my local detail shop, they did a great job. Paint literally looks brand new besides a little scratch here and there. The metallic flakes really came out in the phantom gray. These crappy iPhone pictures don't even do justice at all. I'm so happy, it looks newer than it did when I bought it in 2011.

Next up? Lowering springs of course (sick of 4x4 suspension lol). Eibach or H&R, I really want ideally a 1.5 inch drop, but don't want to worry about scrapes or having to go 1mph over every speed bump, so I'll probably go with Eibach pro. I was going to get bigger rims to try and fill the gap more (instead of lowering) but id rather spend the money to lower her and keep the stock 6 spokes because I like them anyway and I want a more aggressive stance. Also a trd sway bar is in her future.
With a 1.5in drop you will not notice that it is lowered at all. I have H&R Race springs on with 2 inch drop and at first it was alot lower than stock but now, I feel it still has too much gap. Probably about 1 to 1.5 inch of gap still and i have 16 inch rims on too. With springs you will always have a gap, but with coilovers you can adjust to any height you want but coilovers are way expensive tho.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The thing is, I plan on adding lowering springs but keeping the stock struts, I know eventually I'll have to replace but my 06 S only has 63,000 miles so hopefully I'll get some life out of stock struts before needing replacement (if I add springs). If I drop too low, I'm afraid it will compromise the stock struts. If I just drop 1.1" (Eibach) or even 1.25" (H&R sport) then I won't worry about scraping or angling on inclines and I'll feel better about my stock struts. I think the biggest drop I'd want is Tein H-techs which drop about 1.8". Maybe I'll go that route. But again, Eibachs seem to have the best feedback, as far as performance goes. The drop is minimal but I'm afraid to drop too low. I just have to give it SOME sort of drop because it seriously has a 4x4 looking suspension, especially in the rear.

Gotta make my decision about what springs I want...
Well, just take a look at the side shot with the gold wheels i have in my profile to give u an idea of how low i am with the race springs and stock struts. You should be able to go awhile on the stock struts. I lowered mines at 100k and im at 115k and still rides pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts