Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Went to clean my throttle body but it barely had a few points with carbon deposit so I just left it :D

Tommorrow i'll do transmission drain and fill and coolant flush to get her ready for a 1000 mile road trip coming up next week

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oooh! I was hoping for someone to do that so I could see it before I buy it. How was the fitment? Exactly the same?
Fitment was perfect! Took 5 minutes to install with just a phillips head screw driver. Some cars use a 10 mm for the bolt that keeps it secured (along with a series of clips) but mine had a phillips head.
Overall i'm really satisfied witl all ZestJDM products i've bought so far, and if I hadn't promised myself to stop spending money on anything that wasn't maintenance to save up for a better car, the next thing would be the lip spoiler ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Changed my oil today. I tried a 2zz filter for the first time, curious to see how it performs, and also how the car reacts to castrol gtx (they didn't have my usual pennzoil) at walmart. Last time i had to get the oil changed at the dealership since i was interning away from home, they overtightened the crap out of the drain plug. I needed to use a breaker bar on it and it was scary, i'm never letting anyone touch it again.

While i was under i noticed a small bit of transmission fluid leaking onto the subframe from the seal where the AT joins to the engine and it's freaking me out, any idea what it could be and if it's expensive? 128k on my 05

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
How about the oil filter? They are usually put on way too tight as well. I have had to use a screwdriver more than once when changing oil after a professional mechanic worked on it.

Oh & don't forget about lug nuts. Many garages overtighten the shit out out of those too. That's the one thing I hate most about yearly safety inspections.

Yeah the filter was on pretty tight but nothing my filter wrench couldn't handle, and nowhere near as bad as the drain plug. When i took the breaker bar to it i was afraid they might have stripped the oil pan but luckily it was ok, i'm surprised they don't strip more often seeing how tight they torque things down on it. I feel you on the lug nuts too, way too often they didn't come off unless i kicked the tire iron pretty hard. They really should stop using impact guns to tighten things, at least use a torque stick...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts