Toyota Nation Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1476 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got my 04 Rolla out of garage after rad support replacement. Too many little things to list but some To Do things:
Left amber light doesn’t work with new bulb. Checked fuses ok. What’s next I’m not electrician but my son in law would help when he can come again. And after shutting my hood found out the cable won’t open it! Maybe some needle nose to pull on cable to release.
Funny finally reinstalled some of the fender liners and engine shields. (Don’t let anyone tell you that they are not needed) But could not get the last two pieces to fit. Looked up part numbers. They are for 91 MR2. How did that happen? Same summer 3-4 years ago I was fixing a front end collision on the Corolla my daughter and boyfriend now husband were doing work on her new 91 MR2. So that’s where that little red overspray came from. Lastly is there a center engine shield on these between the opposite side shields? Rock auto and Amazon didn’t show any. So now my fun car is drivable again. Wish it would take cruise control. And wish I could find a better seat for my 6’1” 198 lb frame on long trips. Suggestions welcome.

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
14,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,366
Changed the oil, filter, and rotated the tires. Used Mobil 1 0W30 and Fram XG3600 filter. I had only driven the car around 2K miles in 18 months and had not changed the oil. Everything looked great but did it for peace of mind. My Lexus is going on a year with around 1500 miles so it will be getting one soon.

Also replaced the rear brake slide pins with brand new Toyota pins. The used GTS pins from the rear disc swap were pretty trashed. I never bought new ones and was not confident with them. My feeling was right as the lower pins on both calipers were starting to stick after only two weeks on the car. They were both pretty seized in the caliper originally and were a bit of a pain to remove, even with liberal use of slide grease. New pins went on without a hitch and are definitely recommended when doing a rear disc swap.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hub rings took their sweet time getting here so I took time today to get the wheels installed! Very pleased with the fitment.
What headlights are those and does the moonroof visor make it more comfortable inside when its open?

·
Wannabe mechanic
2004 Matrix XRS
58 Posts
What headlights are those and does the moonroof visor make it more comfortable inside when its open?
The headlights are from Xtune. The SKU is: HD-JH-TM03-AM-BK. I like the look but like most aftermarket assemblies they are noticeably lighter with thinner materials. Next time I'll get new OEM ones and paint them myself.

As for the moonroof wind deflector, it makes massive difference. Noise and wind buffeting for cut down like crazy. I got the set from eBay and they didn't have a brand.

·
Registered
467 Posts
The headlights are from Xtune. The SKU is: HD-JH-TM03-AM-BK. I like the look but like most aftermarket assemblies they are noticeably lighter with thinner materials. Next time I'll get new OEM ones and paint them myself.

As for the moonroof wind deflector, it makes massive difference. Noise and wind buffeting for cut down like crazy. I got the set from eBay and they didn't have a brand.
Got it, yeah I wanna grab a set of oem headlights and do this
With some projectors I have laying around

I think I may have to grab one of those roof visors

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fresh coat of paint on my wheels. Not perfect, but looks great from 10 feet away. usually end up painting them every few years. easy enough to do. Also replaced upper strut mounts, sway bar end links. Maine roads are not friendly to suspension components.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Putting fender liners back on 04 Corolla after learning what bad things happen when you don’t. Two fender liners sitting in garage on top shelf for three years. Figured one out and set back on with the mash up of screws, pins, cable ties. Second one just didn’t align up right No matter what. Got suspicious and googles part number. 1991 MR2! Noticed some red overspray on an edge. That explains it. My daughter was working on her new red MR2 the same summer!
punted, got on Amazon ordered new one. Now I put blue tape and label parts when they come off. Same with my ratchet 10mm flex head.

·
Registered
546 Posts
painted new front right lip, reinstalled all 3 piece front bumper spoiler. The 2 tabs underneath the front left side spoiler are broken, probably gonna have to find a way to reattach them but for now it's installed with just the clips...
before:

after

·
Registered
142 Posts
Set the rear brakes and greased the 6 points. Not terrible of a job. Definitely feel the difference in the pedal and parking brake lever.

On both sides, the shoes towards the back of the car seemed to have little to no wear. They were about 5mm thick. The front shoes on both sides were about 2.5-3mm thick. Is this normal?

Turned both the sides 16 clicks (they were done 50k miles ago from what I see in the service records). There’s a noticeable change in how easily the tires rotate now. I’m hoping I didn’t over tighten them.
On the bright side, no more sounds during brake pedal actuation!

1361 - 1380 of 1476 Posts