Toyota Nation Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 1476 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ah... I'll have to take a look at that... i was sure it was somewhere around the pan but it was hard to tell with oil all over it from the tensioner leak! Thanks!
Maybe timing chain cover?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Replaced both front rotors and pads... old rotors were pretty bad. The pads were fine though apart from a significant groove worn into one of them... not really sure why whoever did the previous brake job didn't replace rotors but whatever.

·
Wannabe mechanic
2004 Matrix XRS
58 Posts
hey guys i have an 04 xrs matrix and was wondering if coilovers from corolla xrs will fit ?? very limited options with the xrs models
I don't believe they will. Keep in mind that coilovers that fit the Base/XR model will work on our XRSs. I bought the Tein Street Basis Z coilovers (they specifically said they didn't fit XRS everywhere, including Tein's own website, but listed our chassis code (ZZE133L) as an appropriate application.

·
Wannabe mechanic
2004 Matrix XRS
58 Posts

Snagged a carbon fiber hood for $200. Gonna install it today.

My buddy drove up from the OC to deliver it to me. He also traded me spoilers. I'll get some better pics when it's under 100 degrees outside.

·
Registered
2003 Corolla S
41 Posts
Just installed a set of Tein H-Tech lowering springs and headed to the car wash after. Still needs an alignment.

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
Changed my sway bar endlinks, (how tf did one get bent) changed my sway bar bushings and some fresh grease.
Installed an oem air box that doesnt leak and capped off the butterfly valve.
Installed tmw short shifter with 700gram 5" shift knob.
I also found a 2zzge Engine cover and installed that

Also someone buy my stuff Fs 03 Matrix xrs ECU and guage cluster

·
Registered
20 Posts
Replaced the IAC, gave the throttle body a nice cleaning, changed the oil.

It's so nice having a car that idles at 900rpm again instead of 1500-2000rpm.
I find that weird, my 2006 corolla le 1zzfe idles between 650 to 700 while in gear (D or R) without A/C, 685-725 with A/C on and feels like a new car (197K miles on the ODO). If I modulate gas pedal to hold it around 900 rpm (apart from having to left foot break) makes the car feel like the idling is wrong. It feels so smooth at 650 to 750 that it kinda feel like a v6.

Back on topic, I swapped the fuel injectors yesterday.

After replacing MAF, O2 and AFR sensors, the PCV valve, and several gaskets and hoses it still gave me a P0171 code, all these parts Denso are very affordable so I thought I'd go ahead a buy everything I could new. I suspected the injectors were not at a 100% with most of not all of the vacuum leaks fixed the car, under full throttle acceleration would bog down in first gear and would accelerate kinda like holding back and then when shifted to 2nd it would accelerate very fast until 5300 or so and then wave in and out as if I was playing with the accelerator. This is an AT 1zzfe car. It didn't feel like a vacuum problem, more like a gas problem. As I had replaced almost every gasket in the top of the engine except for the o rings and rubber bushings on the injectors I thought old stock injectors were probably clogged and the rings probably ready to be replaced, no gas leaks tho, and could be the reason for that behavior under full acceleration. Searched for em and Found em on eBay for $40 for the full set and locally basically so I paid for them and picked em up the same day. Got them installed yesterday. The idling is even nicer, still in the same range but smoother, and it wants to go in 1st and 2nd gear like it thinks it is a fast car, lol, no ins or outs under full acceleration. Old injectors looked worn but not too bad in my uneducated opinion, the holes and screens in them didn't look specially clogged or dirty, must be just tired.

Heads up, I have the repair manual and watched YT videos before attempting this light job, took me an hour basically screwing around and thinking about everything several minutes before doing things, obviously I don't want to break my car, and after trying my best to be safe still got a ton pressurized gas in the system, around 15 mins of that hour was drying up gas from the top of the engine with paper towels, lol, so beware.

Still got the Lean Code, I'm having a mechanic take a look at it with a decent scanner and not the toy one I have.

PS, I didnt take no pics, this was a very simple replacement labor, three bolts, 2 12mm and 1 10mm, remove bolts, remove fuel rail, get drenched in gas, dry yourself and the car up, remove old hardware, put new hardware the same way you found it, screw back on, and crank your car for several minutes until it creates pressure again and done.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
8,874 Posts
I find that weird, my 2006 corolla le 1zzfe idles between 650 to 700 while in gear (D or R) without A/C, 685-725 with A/C on and feels like a new car (197K miles on the ODO). If I modulate gas pedal to hold it around 900 rpm (apart from having to left foot break) makes the car feel like the idling is wrong. It feels so smooth at 650 to 750 that it kinda feel like a v6.

Back on topic, I swapped the fuel injectors yesterday.

After replacing MAF, O2 and AFR sensors, the PCV valve, and several gaskets and hoses it still gave me a P0171 code, all these parts Denso are very affordable so I thought I'd go ahead a buy everything I could new. I suspected the injectors were not at a 100% with most of not all of the vacuum leaks fixed the car, under full throttle acceleration would bog down in first gear and would accelerate kinda like holding back and then when shifted to 2nd it would accelerate very fast until 3300 or so and then wave in and out as if I was playing with the accelerator. This is an AT 1zzfe car. It didn't feel like a vacuum problem, more like a gas problem. As I had replaced almost every gasket in the top of the engine except for the o rings and rubber bushings on the injectors I thought old stock injectors were probably clogged and the rings probably ready to be replaced, no gas leaks tho, and could be the reason for that behavior under full acceleration. Searched for em and Found em on eBay for $40 for the full set and locally basically so I paid for them and picked em up the same day. Got them installed yesterday. The idling is even nicer, still in the same range but smoother, and it wants to go in 1st and 2nd gear like it thinks it is a fast car, lol, no ins or outs under full acceleration. Old injectors looked worn but not too bad in my uneducated opinion, the holes and screens in them didn't look specially clogged or dirty, must be just tired.

Heads up, I have the repair manual and watched YT videos before attempting this light job, took me an hour basically screwing around and thinking about everything several minutes before doing things, obviously I don't want to break my car, and after trying my best to be safe still got a ton pressurized gas in the system, around 15 mins of that hour was drying up gas from the top of the engine with paper towels, lol, so beware.

Still got the Lean Code, I'm having a mechanic take a look at it with a decent scanner and not the toy one I have.

PS, I didnt take no pics, this was a very simple replacement labor, three bolts, 2 12mm and 1 10mm, remove bolts, remove fuel rail, get drenched in gas, dry yourself and the car up, remove old hardware, put new hardware the same way you found it, screw back on, and crank your car for several minutes until it creates pressure again and done.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Did you replace the intake manifold gasket?

1381 - 1400 of 1476 Posts