Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 553 Posts

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Tomorrow I am going to a local parts recycler and taking the passenger kick panel to see if it's a match with a center column shell from an 02 Avalon, both tan. If so I will buy a tan leather steering wheel and air bag from a Gen 2 Avalon. Mine is falling apart and I like the tan color better than the dark oakish color. I will post pics when I get this done.

This is what it'll look like.

·
Home School Valedictorian
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Will the airbag connector be compatible from a Gen II to a Gen I?

·
Avarollin?
1996 Avalon XLS
923 Posts
I added a pink pony to my Avalon.

Oh, and I also rerouted my main power cables to the trunk, redid all of my rear power distribution (12 ckt dist block, using 8, bus bars, relays, etc.) Am running optical audio to DSPs for my triamped sound system.. But you know, pictures on that later ;)

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Will the airbag connector be compatible from a Gen II to a Gen I?
I believe so, most Toyota and Lexus have the same connectors. If not, I will swap them.

On Thursday I removed the seats and carpet and power washed the carpet and mats. Friday I cleaned the front seats while the carpet was drying out in the sun. I wiped down the floor with 409, gave a nice lemon scent.

:ugh3:

·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I believe so, most Toyota and Lexus have the same connectors. If not, I will swap them.

On Thursday I removed the seats and carpet and power washed the carpet and mats. Friday I cleaned the front seats while the carpet was drying out in the sun. I wiped down the floor with 409, gave a nice lemon scent.
Nice job on the interior!
Your seats were a bit funkier than mine.

·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Today I got back to the remainder of the heating and cooling hose replacement. A few weeks ago I started to replace all hoses thinking I had most of them, within a few minutes I realized I was far from having what I needed. This week I ordered the remainder from Rock Auto, had everything by Friday.
All of the heating/cooling system is done including the 1" hose under the lower intake, the throttle body coolant hoses, and the thermostat and gasket.
While into it, I replaced the plug wires, the plugs looked really good so I decided to wait on their replacement. I replaced all of the small and medium sized vacuum hoses, the fuel return line along with the fuel filter. :chug:

·
Registered
Black 95 Avalon XLS
300 Posts
2 weeks ago I started building my fiberglass subwoofer box for the trunk(my first fiberglass project). I've only got it about 1/3 done so far, but hopefully it turns out well.

(Yeah, I'm a bit behind the "what did you do today" thing, but I lose my sense of time on the road)

·
Avarollin?
1996 Avalon XLS
923 Posts
Cool, I can't wait to see your progress and finished product, chunkywolf. The idea of fiberglassing a new box for my sub came to mind, but I'm too inexperienced to do so. Two weeks ago I was ready to bite the bullet and build a new sub-box, but i had too many issues with my template which made be back-out like a wuss. Ultimately, if the need arises for the spare tire it turns a 5 minute trunk disassembly into a 45 minute+ disassembly.

·
Registered
Black 95 Avalon XLS
300 Posts
Pulled my wheels off and threw out the 1/32 tires that I have been running on. Going to be sending off the rims to be repaired since the last 2 sets of tires I had leaked air, and they could use some polishing care.

·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
These were taken last night after a once over before my daughter left this morning for northern Minnesota, approx. 460mi. one way. I received the new centers for my wheels on Wednesday, just in time! Wheels are 99 Platinum Edition Avalon that I refinished.
I have faith in the car, I have put a fair amount of money in it the last couple of months so it could be trusted out on the road, I think it will do me good.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,419 Posts
Repaired the rack and pinion, new oil change, transmission flush, power steering flush, replaced valve gasket, repaired dent on front fender, new corner lights....that's about it.

·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Repaired the rack and pinion, new oil change, transmission flush, power steering flush, replaced valve gasket, repaired dent on front fender, new corner lights....that's about it.
Isn't that a Camry?

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,419 Posts
Isn't that a Camry?
It's in my sig.
I have a 96 Avalon XL that I'm giving to my brother. I'm currently repairing it to make it run smoothly for him since it'll be his first car.

·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It's in my sig.
I have a 96 Avalon XL that I'm giving to my brother. I'm currently repairing it to make it run smoothly for him since it'll be his first car.
:thumbsup: Nice!

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Replaced the front struts with Gabriel Ultras from AZ, got them for $116 with a $20 off coupon. The ride is much smoother compared to the very annoying choppy ride from the defective KYB GR2s. A couple months ago I got new warranty replacements KYB Excel-G struts for the rear and they finally broke in nicely.

·
Registered
Black 95 Avalon XLS
300 Posts
Rims got fixed up, and the Avalon is runnin on new rubber:

The car is dirty, but I'll get some pics in the daylight later on.
Next up, paint and bodywork.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Today I replaced the AC compressor with another second hand one, filled it with gas and replaced the AC filter.

I also replaced the front brake pads.

My next step would be getting new rotors as the current ones vibrate while braking.

21 - 40 of 553 Posts