Toyota Nation Forum banner

101 - 120 of 553 Posts

·
it lives..and spins wheel
97 Avalon
613 Posts
nice

i dont think so on white. just my opinion,

i always though those rims would look cool if you blacked the lip and recess. an polished or when white on the wheel face.

how do those weigh? i had though of hunting a set of those stockers down

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
^lol wat?

Authentic Gucci bags only for me.:smokin:

Anyways, yeah the more I look at it full white the more it seems kinda ricey.

I wonder if they make gray or gunmetal plastidip.

·
Nothings better!
05 Avalon,2 4runners
224 Posts
MAN! I read through these posts and say "What Have I Done For My Avalon Lately?" hum... well I forgot to park her in the garage last night so she had to freeze her ass off in yet another way below zero degree night! Than we decided to go to the gas station and I filled her with premium and we took another 400 mile round trip to the city now she’s covered in road salt. Tomorrow I’m going to wash her it’s supposed to be like 35 degrees. Than when I get my taxes I want to get a window tint and a kerosene torpedo heater to melt out the large chunks of ice and snow from the front axels... HOWS THAT? I may not have a super nice ass computer or a block heater built into my car but I got an iPod adaptor and I’ll hit her with a torpedo heater that ill melt the ice chunks straight out!:rofl2:

·
Registered
71 Posts
:clap::clap::clap:Drop my Avalon Today.. Sweet.. Love my Acura Rims.. it really set it off.. People dont know what it is. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

·
Avarollin?
1996 Avalon XLS
923 Posts
Yeah that and the lower part of the fender. Those are the only noticeable places that the trunk swells during annoying-bass-beats. The trunk lid does a bit too, but I'm not sure how to do that, how it has that skeleton making access to the skin difficult, unless I really heat up the dynamat and just web it over everything... But remember all that stuff I have mounted up there? It would be a day long project, ~laugh out loud~

·
Registered
203 Posts
A tv in the trunk. You don't know how many times we have had people over, and the living room was just not big enough. I thought, wow, if I had a tv in the trunk, we would all be able to watch tv at the same time. And those times when the car just does not seat enough, and the little ones have to ride in the trunk? They would want to ride there.

Just having fun. Seriously, I want to kow how you and your friend learned to move so fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1999 Avalon Upgrades & Reviews

Picked up this car with 87K miles. Upgrades as follows:

New Brakes. Brembo rotors and Akebono Ultimate pads. Outstanding combo! $400 all parts and labor.

New Tires: Michelin Primacy MXV4. Nice on stock wheels. $475, after discounts from America's Tires.

New Struts: After much research on the forum, I chose the Sen-Sen units. Four struts and strut mounts. Front boots noted in catelogue, did not fit...used old ones.

Also got some parts from Rock Auto: MOOG lower spring Insulators and Cargo Coils for rear.

Just had installed. Ride hight is taller in rear...not sure how much..forgot to measure. Car rides much harder/stiffer. Seem to feel all road variations...more like a sports car. My hunch is that the struts are very firm, especially compared to the old rears which were shot and very bouncy. Not sure how much the new springs are contributing to the ride experience...likely not much, mostly the struts.

Will ride on this setup for a while and see how it goes.

From a cost standpoint, I spent about $725 parts and labor, including the alignment.

Grand total for above $1,600.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well replaced my speakers with 4 inch kicker speakers. Just wanted something cheap. Cost about 60-80$ all together in speakers. They suck....Should have stepped up to larger and cut some of the box or go with higher end ones.

·
Avarollin?
1996 Avalon XLS
923 Posts
If it cost you 60-80 dollars for all four speakers, then yeah you sould've spent some more dough. If the cheap 4" speakers sound like garbage- guess what, so will the cheap 5.25" speakers ;)

I spent $40 (ebay/amazon) for a pair of boston acoustics for the rear doors and I had good sound with them, untill i blew them up :rockon:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well I'm not gonna run an amp to em so I figured they would be better than stock....I mean, they are better than stock but still suck.

Hell my rear speakers actually were disintegrated around the cone.....not really sure how it made noise.

·
Avarollin?
1996 Avalon XLS
923 Posts
step 1: cut a hole in the rear shelf
step 2: put u channel in the hole
step 3: make your ears bleed from excessive bass.

I knocked out the pre punched sub hole for the 7 speaker system, roto-zipped the rear hardboard shelf, and dressed it up.

101 - 120 of 553 Posts