Toyota Nation Forum banner
2581 - 2600 of 2653 Posts

·
Registered
96 Corolla DX
105 Posts
Been doing body work and paint prep for days I'm exhausted will finish pulling the masking and putting it back together tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Corolla DX
105 Posts
Not my cup of tea but I have to appreciate the effort put into it, finish looks flawless.

Are those wheels from the current Corolla?
Those are 2013 Toyota 86 rims on 95 Celica GT hubs with center caps I 3d printed to be more recessed in the back to clear the CV axles.

Attachments

·
Registered
Rolla DX
279 Posts
Reactions: 97tacomaHA

·
Registered
Rolla DX
279 Posts
Detailed the absolute sheet out of my 96 even though I’m only going to be a spectator at Toyotafest😔 oh well next year I’m bringing both out on display. Still wanted to make my Corolla presentable in case I run into 7th gen owners.. can’t come lacking. Pics tomorrow

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Wow looks great! Those shields are always an eyesore now you gotta give the whole engine bay a makeover
its a wait and see how long it lasts before cracking/flaking because i followed absolutely NO directions on the proper cure steps for the maximum chemical resistance, they wanted me to throw the thing into the oven and bake it :ROFLMAO: at several different temps. Nor did i sand the surface first, but it wasn't oily or greasy, just minor scale

i cannot get that tarnish off the block with any spray tried yet, once i get the compressor up and running for the summer i am going to try the blast-out-of-a-bucket and see if some soda medium blast will clean it off better

the coolant reservoir bracket was refinished months ago, next might be the fan shroud or the cylinder head cover

·
Registered
2,176 Posts

👀 👀 👀

·
Registered
2,176 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,473 Posts
There is a mesh screen inside the PS reservoir, so be careful sticking that funnel in there.

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Corolla
1,957 Posts
MaxLife is an excellent choice for PS. I used Toyota fluid before and it started to leak from somewhere in the circuit, so I had to top it off every once in a while. Years ago I switched to ML just for PS and haven’t had a leak since.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts

·
1996 Toyota Corolla
10,435 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
This has gotten incredibly frustrating. I'm still dealing with a no start situation. New plugs, wires, complete new distributor, crank sensor and ignition control module. Previously I had spark at plugs 2 and 3, now my son (currently a Universal Technical Institute student) says there no spark at any of the plugs. I'm open to any thoughts that anyone may have. (.And my wife would be extremely happy to have her car back. And not have to be dropped off at work anymore)..............!

2581 - 2600 of 2653 Posts