Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1947 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Blocked the upper grill of my geo prizm.
Bumped my fuel economy up from 36 ish to 39 because the car warms up quicker now.

·
Cody
94 Corolla
190 Posts
Went to Harbor Freight sidewalk sale, picked up 1/2" torque wrench for $10
Going to do rear struts, spark plugs and hopefully wires, fuel filter, catalytic converter replacement soon

oh and fix dash lights, again.

·
TIEyota fighter ace
AE101, TE72
1,943 Posts
Adjusted the valves (as it turns out, way too loose) and replaced the gasket and plug seals...rocker cover bolts weren't even FINGER tight, and the previous owners couldn't figure out why it was pissing oil into the plug wells.

Removed the power steering belt and idler pulley--turns out PB Blaster is no replacement for bearing grease.

Tomorrow, correct valves AND restoring power steering that's been disabled for about a decade!

On Jez, sadly, still nothing. Waiting for my half of the injured-spouse refund refund (student loans for the CoPiloter, long story) to come back so I can pay to get her started, tuned, and shipped.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Adjusted the valves (as it turns out, way too loose) and replaced the gasket and plug seals...rocker cover bolts weren't even FINGER tight, and the previous owners couldn't figure out why it was pissing oil into the plug wells.
Hmm, would like to know how and what the specs are. I've got a 1993 Geo Prizm 1.6l.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I scored from a local salvage the following for my '93 - Left and Right Turn Signals in almost new condition (right side of mine damaged by previous owner but both look tired), antenna (ok, mine damaged by current owner). And two items I've been wanting and finally found. Drum roll please....Instrument cluster with Tach and the tall Arm Rest. :D

·
Token Aussie
1998 AE102, 2018 ZRE182
1,806 Posts
On the Corolla, installed my CleanAce (quite fiddly and annoying to fit, but it could have been a lot worse

On the Soarer, installed the refurbished HVAC unit - hooray for no more LCD screen bleed :D Plus it came with brighter button lights which will match with the rest of the accenting of the car (HKS purple from the coilovers, grounding kit, cam gears and cam covers once they get painted)

·
TIEyota fighter ace
AE101, TE72
1,943 Posts
Hmm, would like to know how and what the specs are. I've got a 1993 Geo Prizm 1.6l.
Get to #1 TDC (rotor pointing at cylinder 1's wire), pull cap and plugs, pop the valve cover, have a 12mm wrench to loosen the locknut and a flathead screwdriver to adjust the lash until it drags like a knife through warm butter. Cylinders 1 and 2 on the intake, 1 and 4 on the exhaust. Crank around the pulley with a 3/4ths socket (clockwise) until the distributor points 180 degrees where it used to, 3 and 4 on intake and 2 and 4 on exhaust. Intake is .008", exhaust is .013", hot and cold same spec. Tighten locknuts, check again, button everything back up and enjoy. This was on the TE72, though, with trusty and simple pushrods and rocker arms. I never had the guts to pop the cover on a F head but I think the Haynes manual goes into it.

Today, rebuilt the power steering idler pulley and got the belt on and redid the valve adjustment AGAIN (although she's still ticking a little). But hey, overboosted power steering for the first time in many years!

·
Cody
94 Corolla
190 Posts
New tires.

Picked up a set of 4 pretty good shape uniroyal tiger paw 195/55/15 for $100 off craigslist
Going on Motegi 15x6.5

21 - 40 of 1947 Posts