Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1947 Posts

·
Cody
94 Corolla
190 Posts
Meant to post last friday. Window Tint Suntek brand installed by a shop in Milwaukee. Pretty dark, so far no hassle with the cops

·
4AGE Goodness
AE101 FXGT Corolla
193 Posts
Gave my FXGT a full cut and polish, and cut all the previous owners bum and scrape marks off the body, save one or two which I'll do when I can be bothered. Last thing I want to do is polish my own car after painting and polishing everybody else's cars

·
Registered
168 Posts
Destroyed my original passenger side strut which has 425k miles on it.

This strut has endured 100+ 4th to 2nd downshift arabic style drifts. More than 100+ jumps. This one finally let go after breaking my personal record.

There are some railroad tracks that have a 45 degree launch angle. Just before you hit them there are about 5 warning signs to slow down, stop before crossing, etc.

Anyway I was coming home really late and made sure the coast was clear. I couldn't help but to accelerate knowing that either way this wasn't going to end good. The end result was, what I felt was about 5 feet in vertical gain, and 25+ feet of travel as I measured the tire marks upon landing.

Only casualty thus far is one gas tank in 2007 from bottoming out too hard, and the passenger side strut blew out from the bottom.

Went to autozone, got one $60 gabriel strut, and 15 minutes back on the road.

·
4AGE Goodness
AE101 FXGT Corolla
193 Posts
Fitted a new front left corner lamp as the shitty taiwanese one had faded internally, and fitted a new right rear tail light assembly, as the old one had split and let in what turned out to be an awful lot of water. Looks A LOT smarter now

·
Registered
160 Posts
Destroyed my original passenger side strut which has 425k miles on it.

This strut has endured 100+ 4th to 2nd downshift arabic style drifts. More than 100+ jumps. This one finally let go after breaking my personal record.

There are some railroad tracks that have a 45 degree launch angle. Just before you hit them there are about 5 warning signs to slow down, stop before crossing, etc.

Anyway I was coming home really late and made sure the coast was clear. I couldn't help but to accelerate knowing that either way this wasn't going to end good. The end result was, what I felt was about 5 feet in vertical gain, and 25+ feet of travel as I measured the tire marks upon landing.

Only casualty thus far is one gas tank in 2007 from bottoming out too hard, and the passenger side strut blew out from the bottom.

Went to autozone, got one $60 gabriel strut, and 15 minutes back on the road.
I had a hearty laugh at this, you are a legend!

Toyota's are pretty indestructable

·
4AGE Goodness
AE101 FXGT Corolla
193 Posts
Scored a 2.5 inch big bore exhaust off a dude with a black FXGT. His missus was complaining that it was too loud, and he rocks up to work one day, sees my FXGT with its factory exhaust, and asks to swap it over. So we did that today in 45 minutes flat. It is actually rather loud now and sounds a bit weird being an auto

·
Registered
160 Posts
Scored a 2.5 inch big bore exhaust off a dude with a black FXGT. His missus was complaining that it was too loud, and he rocks up to work one day, sees my FXGT with its factory exhaust, and asks to swap it over. So we did that today in 45 minutes flat. It is actually rather loud now and sounds a bit weird being an auto
Manual swap? :p

·
TIEyota fighter ace
AE101, TE72
1,943 Posts

:clap::rockon:

Also dug out my desmog vac lines and, with the scraps, tried to dress up the routing a little bit and make the distributor pull vac from a merged runner and not a single runner.

Late-breaking update, Guapoman2000 has kindly given his permission to sticky this thread as a community resource, I've edited his first post with a mod note to reflect that. Show and share!

·
Almost 1/2 Million Miles!
92 Toyota Camry XLE
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Dang it! Replaced yet another Brake Bulb on the Right Rear of my Mom's 1996 Corolla DX. It is the standard 1157 Bulb and I just don't understand why the Bulb contacts get deformed as the Bulb seems to be okay but, the contacts is something else entirely.

Well, I guess without modifying the Light System, all I can do is to keep replacing them... ;)

·
Almost 1/2 Million Miles!
92 Toyota Camry XLE
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Good things bulbs are cheap and easy to replace.
Well, you best to have some spares because in some parts around Central "Florida" they will gladly STOP you and cite you with an Faulty Equipment Citation (Not going to mention which Police Dept).

Blubs are Cheap alright but, the Citation is not!

You still need to pay for the Citation after you replace the "CHEAP" Bulb!

Sorry that I was not clear why I was ranting....:hi:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Changed the rear motor mount only to find that it still looked okay. It was soooo not worth the work cause I felt no differnce. I also threw off the alignment when I dropped the crossmember during the process.. so now I gotta bring it into Firestone. Thank goodness for their lifetime alignment.

The most effective replacement was the passenger side motor mount which stopped virtually all interior vibrations. I honestly felt very little difference with the other three.

41 - 60 of 1947 Posts