Toyota Nation Forum banner

5521 - 5540 of 5548 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Driver window shattered to pieces due to it being misaligned. I went out, in the rain, and by the graces of God found another gen 4.5 graphite grey camry in the yard. pulled the door, went out to the parking lot and replaced the old one.This new one seems to have the same issue, where the side of the window closer to the side mirror rolls up faster than the other side. Any suggestions on how to remedy this issue?

Old door, so many issues I just left it there for anyone who wants it.
View attachment 293036
Maybe the track inside the door is loose? I'd pop the interior panel off and see. If I recall there's a couple bolts that hold the track in place, and if they become loose they could cause the issue you're describing.

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Camry 2.2 w/ 365K miles
12 Posts
Maybe the track inside the door is loose? I'd pop the interior panel off and see. If I recall there's a couple bolts that hold the track in place, and if they become loose they could cause the issue you're describing.

I'll give that a try. possibly readjust them, see what I can do. thanks!

·
2013 Corolla S
2,711 Posts
Driver's front window has been stopping part way up and the rear window has been skipping teeth, then last week started dropping an inch. Today I replaced the front motor and rear regulator. Simple, straight forward jobs, getting door panels off without damage is the biggest pain. The rear regulator literally fell to pieces as I took it out, the main pivot was ate up, but it held on to literally the last seconds of it's life. Both windows work great now, tested for leaks with an overdue car wash.

·
2013 Corolla S
2,711 Posts
There are two arms in the regulators and two tracks that synchronize them, one is probably broken/loose. See my post above, replaceing the window parts is easy, if you did a door in the rain, then you can do the regulator and motor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are two arms in the regulators and two tracks that synchronize them, one is probably broken/loose. See my post above, replaceing the window parts is easy, if you did a door in the rain, then you can do the regulator and motor.

I was able to fix the issue, the window is doing amazing. Drove the car from Dallas to Kansas City Saturday night, and drove it back Sunday night. The way I tested for leaks was getting caught in flash flood rain in the middle of nowhere in mid Oklahoma at 2 AM. It passed!

Saturday morning, I decided to replace the 364k mile factory struts on the Camry with some new Gabriel Ultra Ready mount struts from Rockauto. After 1000 miles to and from Kansas City, they're doing great. They're stiff but have great rebound, they're quiet, and makes the car ride like new again. I'll update if anything goes wrong.

20200222_140939.jpg

Attachments

·
2013 Corolla S
2,711 Posts
I was able to fix the issue, the window is doing amazing. Drove the car from Dallas to Kansas City Saturday night, and drove it back Sunday night. The way I tested for leaks was getting caught in flash flood rain in the middle of nowhere in mid Oklahoma at 2 AM. It passed!

Saturday morning, I decided to replace the 364k mile factory struts on the Camry with some new Gabriel Ultra Ready mount struts from Rockauto. After 1000 miles to and from Kansas City, they're doing great. They're stiff but have great rebound, they're quiet, and makes the car ride like new again. I'll update if anything goes wrong.

View attachment 293561 View attachment 293562
Struts are the next (planned) project for her's

·
short-throw dipstick
6,033 Posts
Replaced both front doors' jamb switches, too much wiggle. One wouldn't turn on my dome light (and so the doors would auto-lock), and the other was causing flickering. Latest P/N has a large amount of grease inside the boot, should hold up another 192K :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just passed through the first 1000 miles with the a 5s-fe I bought from a junkyard and rebuilt the bottom end of. My 97 is running strong and I’m preparing to do the final oil change after break in. I’m moving towards putting a manual in it but am considering my options for performance?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Just enjoying all of the work I put into keeping my 1993 Camry in prime driving condition. I never really planned to keep this car, but for some silly reason I decided to keep driving it year round, and park the Solara in the winter.
0B972DBE-314D-4B36-9081-F578CE2467C9.jpeg

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Just enjoying all of the work I put into keeping my 1993 Camry in prime driving condition. I never really planned to keep this car, but for some silly reason I decided to keep driving it year round, and park the Solara in the winter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used some boat stuff to repair/restore the headights on my car. I removed most of the haze, I'm guessing they're permanently greenish since I did the same thing on my 2000 Honda Accord and those came out perfect.

On another note, I decided to check the engine light thinking it was just gonna be my downstream O2 sensor (previous owner CUT the harness that goes into the car to hook it up) but ended up
getting 4 codes (P0401, P0440, P0441, and P0446)

Anyone have any suggestions? Those are largely evap codes. I replaced the gas cap with a 2012 or 13 nissan altima cap and it works great. But my guess is EGR and the overfill valve.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I started building my exhaust. I haven't welded in 7 years and i bought myself a tig. Lol. All stainless. Rear section is bent and muffler is welded on it. I am also building a header.

·
Registered
Camry, Vibe, Venture
524 Posts
I found an oil soaked and now soft and spongy end on one of the heater hoses while I was replacing my distributor cap. I think it needs to be replaced but the other end at the heater control valve actually looks like it will be more difficult to remove.

I had replaced the large distributor "O" ring a few years ago so hopefully the leak was from that area and not from the internal distributor seal.

·
2013 Corolla S
2,711 Posts
Surprise brake job...

Pulled the winter wheels off and found this... 4yr old rotors

During the test drive and bed-in I figured out the E-brake is now barely working. The back rotors are worn so that will be next week's project.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oil pan drain plug washer re&re. While good oil was dyked by my trusty paw, I placed a perfect fitting circular copper ring on the drain bolt. A use "just once" type, drip is deaded(y)

·
Camreee
`99|V6|4A|310kM|Gutted|10k Coilovers|Camber Plates|Camber bolts|WL FSB&RSB|1" Links |Polyurethane
65 Posts
Cleaned up my 308,000 mile paint and took a shitty picture of it. Tried to find a nice hill during sunset but finished up a little late to get any good pictures. There is a lovely dent I'm not sure how to repair right around that B pillar rocker panel.

Took some pictures, still shitty but less shitty -

5521 - 5540 of 5548 Posts