Toyota Nation Forum banner

5541 - 5546 of 5546 Posts

·
Camreee
308k - 99 Camry V6 4A - Gutted - Suspension Mods
55 Posts
I installed EBC Yellowstuff pads on dual piston calipers swapped from a '94 v6. The rear has stock Hawk HPS pads.

I've been dragging the brakes slowly to every stop, trying get more of pad surfacing material against the rotors and they're super sticky without even being broken in. They're grippier than hps (not saying much lol) with light pedal movements even before the pads are seated for proper adhesion. The brake break in in structions say drive 200 city miles then do the fun part of the procedure, before doing any emergency stops. so I'm thinking these are going to stop the wheels from turning really quickly once I get to stop the wheels from turning really quickly.

·
Camreee
308k - 99 Camry V6 4A - Gutted - Suspension Mods
55 Posts
Finished break in of the EBC yellowstuff pads with the bigger pads on the dual pot calipers and they're fucking hilarious. I can't make them fade, Braking from 100-0 mph and then for a stoplight and they are fucking stiffer than before the highway ramp stop. They stop 35mph to 0 in literally 30 feet combined with the hps in the rear.

You can go to the point where you're like, ok, that person is running this red light, and then calmly press down firmly and the car stops smoothly 10 feet before the stop line. They are just so grippy.

Emergency braking is second to none to any pad I've ever braked with. Anything under 20mph and the rotors lock the instant the pads touch them, the springs and dampers absorb enough energy where the tires just stop on the spot. With better tires I'd probably break something doing this.

Also took some pics of my car today, if anyone has advice to make the interior look nicer without wrecking wiring pls advise.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I changed my fuel filter on my 1997 Toyota Camry V6 1MZ-FE. What a pain in the a__. Geez. Got it done successfully though.

5541 - 5546 of 5546 Posts