Toyota Nation Forum banner

What did you do to your Gen 3 Camry, Gen 4 Camry, or Gen 1 Solara today?

890900 Views 5897 Replies 661 Participants Last post by  cjepps
Got this idea from this thread: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337177 Just to keep things a little neater.
Like the title says...
Just putting this up for those of you that didn't really do anything that significant to start a new thread for..... so just add it to the list here. ANYTHING you did to your Camry today post it up. :thumbsup: PLEASE keep this on topic!
5861 - 5880 of 5898 Posts

· ToYoTa FaN
98 Camry, 85 BJ73
9 Posts
NEW to me 98 Camry XLE that I picked up in August (one of many ToYoTaS I've had over the years, but this one is a keeper daily driver) - 149,000 miles, excellent condition inside and out. Put new struts on last month then took it in for tires.

Drives sweet, but I enjoy time in the garage so today I swapped out the transmission strainer and did an oil change, since I really don't know when those fluids were last changed anyway.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Automotive design Gas Motor vehicle Bumper Machine

· Registered
46 Posts
I'm afraid to change my transmission fluid at 198K.
The Fluid is dirty, but it doesn't smell burnt.
I don't want it to start slipping and got the car not knowing any maintenace history.
Opinions?

· Registered
41 Posts
I'm afraid to change my transmission fluid at 198K.
The Fluid is dirty, but it doesn't smell burnt.
I don't want it to start slipping and got the car not knowing any maintenace history.
Opinions?
If it's shifting properly right now, and the fluid is dirty, now would be the time to change it.

If it was shifting badly AND the fluid looked as it does now, then you wouldn't want to do it, and should have a transmission shop check it out.
---
My Camry is just over 200k and I've only had it since May. The shifting has been solid even though the fluid was dark. I recently replaced the transmission fluid a couple weeks ago. It still shifts really well.

· Registered
41 Posts
Today I purchased Sylvania's load resistor kit and used it on my recently installed 3rd brake light. It's an LED flashing brake light so of course, it was triggering the rear bulb malfunction light on the dash.
Tested it after the install and now that warning light doesn't come on. Bam.

· Registered
34 Posts
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Tire Plant

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car Wheel
Car Vehicle Plant Steering part Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

Washed wheels and car, then compounded, polished, and waxed the paint. Not perfect, but it looks good from far away. Also installed a leather steering wheel cover from Wheel skins. Still need to do a thorough interior detail.

· Registered
1999 Camry LE
178 Posts
Started my winter prep today, washed it, degreased and pressure-washed the underside, checked all the fluids, and topped off the washer fluid with deicer. Tomorrow I will spray CRC and Fluid Film on the underside, apply rain-x to the windows, and detail the interior.
Water Architecture Plant Wheel Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Liquid Bottle Fluid Cosmetics Drink

· Registered
2 Posts
Started planning out how to patch rust through holes into trunk behind rear wheels to keep what gets thrown off tires out of trunk wells on each side. Got metal to bend/fabricate patches on both sides. I'm thinking will install from inside trunk once metal is shaped then JB weld in place, then seal from outside. Just trying to get a few more years out of her, only 140K miles (2001 LE 4 cyl dark green) but car has lived its life in Buffalo NY, snow and salt, etc., have taken toll.

Wheel Car Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle

· Registered
41 Posts
Replaced most of the power steering return lines today. Got one more to do, right by the radiator. Cleaned out the power steering reservoir and surrounding areas as well.

Next up: replacing valve cover gasket and switching to an OEM replacement. Painting the valve cover flat aluminum while it's off.

· Registered
41 Posts
Replaced the valve cover gasket and painted the valve cover while it was off. Now it's matching the heat shield.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive fuel system Automotive design

I also did the front lower manifold shield, but I need to get one of the mounting brackets welded back onto the pipe so I can install that back on as well.

· Registered
41 Posts
Went to the junkyard and found an 01 Camry with a hood in good shape. Already got the hood struts and did the wiper cowl cover conversion for an 00-01 Camry.
I'm already in the process of repainting the car so now's a good time to get one that doesn't match the color. Lol!

· Registered
3 Posts
It's parts of a gen 3.5. Or a gen 5.5. I'll probably sell the steering wheel if I get a 5.5. It was a okay price, so I might be able to make like $25 bucks. :rolleyes: And yes, planning ahead.

I did that the day I bought my 96. I took a nap it the driver's seat. :lol:
My 94 Camry LE cashmere beige is a real chic magnet . Wait , Or maybe their checking me out. No it’s got to be the cool car !!!!!

· Registered
46 Posts
Started planning out how to patch rust through holes into trunk behind rear wheels to keep what gets thrown off tires out of trunk wells on each side. Got metal to bend/fabricate patches on both sides. I'm thinking will install from inside trunk once metal is shaped then JB weld in place, then seal from outside. Just trying to get a few more years out of her, only 140K miles (2001 LE 4 cyl dark green) but car has lived its life in Buffalo NY, snow and salt, etc., have taken toll.

View attachment 405845
I had the same issue with mine. Didn't even know I had a hole in the trunk. Saw a bird the other day jump in and saw some seed in there?
Took some aluminum plate and undercoated it around the hole. Then sprayed in foam insulation to seal it. Should buy me some time.
Automotive tire Tread Tire Wood Synthetic rubber
Natural material Wood Geology Rock Metal
Trunk Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

5861 - 5880 of 5898 Posts