Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 5472 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Cheat - this was yesterdays doings - yanked the dash and used TOOTH-PASTE to polish the scratched up clock bezel and instrument cluster bezel. Its amazing what a good looking clean scratch free dash does for your ride! Needless to say at 220,000 miles debris had settled under the trip odometer reset button.

Also yanked the 4 vent direction thingies and cleaned the chunks out of those and down inside. . .

Do you used Tooth paste????? Are you serious?

I´m going to try it :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
This is the 2nd rim in 1 month, and the roads are getting worse. Bent my 15" steelie 4 weeks ago at 15mph on my road.

Ouch!.......That hurts........ I changed my rims last december because I broke 2 for the same reasons........:facepalm:

Today I fixed my cigarrete lighter that it was hanging out of the base .......

·
What Toyota?
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thanks :thumbsup: Are We talking of the white one or any kind?
Read the ingredients list. If it contains pumice or any other abrasive.... then.... yeah. I know the white stuff does. I think gel pastes might too.

·
Born to Drive
2,826 Posts
i picked up this....
Stanley 149 Piece Wrench Set
Black Chrome + Laser Etched Numbers

all this for the awesome price of $119.99CDN + tax.
60% off the regular price of $300.

after that, i took off my Matrix XRS steering wheel off and put it back on for like 6 times because it always feels like it's 1mm off LOL...i think it might be my suspension instead. I can literally assemble and disassemble the steering wheel in 30 seconds. LOL

and after that, I took my time and installed my Momo Pedals....AND THAT WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS! took me a good 2 hours...i wish i had smaller fingers, cuz the gas pedal is really tight for room in the backside. My knees are killing me and i had cuts on my arms from the metal shaving debris from drilling holes onto the clutch and brake pedals.

but all in all, it was worth all the effort. the momos are both Functional and Beautiful.

·
What Toyota?
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Sweet cody! BTW... look at my steering wheel removal DIY in the sticky. I take the steering wheel and lock it.. take a piece of painters tape, trace the upper part of the wheels contours, then remove the wheel. Then you can see if you have the wheel on correctly. Also... PM coming your way.

·
Born to Drive
2,826 Posts
Sweet cody! BTW... look at my steering wheel removal DIY in the sticky. I take the steering wheel and lock it.. take a piece of painters tape, trace the upper part of the wheels contours, then remove the wheel. Then you can see if you have the wheel on correctly. Also... PM coming your way.
i used a market and drew a line across the steering wheel where it joins the splined shaft. I removed the wheel with harmonic balanced and tried the putting it a notch to the left, and a notch the right....both attempts actually made the steering wheel even more off. So I had it at the best position to begin with. It could be i'm just imagining it...but i guess it doesn't really bother me much.

I should replace my low control arms with poly urethane bushings LOL

·
V8'sRGone
1,956 Posts

·
V8'sRGone
1,956 Posts
i used a market and drew a line across the steering wheel where it joins the splined shaft. I removed the wheel with harmonic balanced and tried the putting it a notch to the left, and a notch the right....both attempts actually made the steering wheel even more off. So I had it at the best position to begin with. It could be i'm just imagining it...but i guess it doesn't really bother me much.

I should replace my low control arms with poly urethane bushings LOL
If you're good at counting and defining thread pitch, turn both the tie-rod ends the SAME amount in the opposite direction. It won't change your toe, just make the wheel better.

Example - point the wheel straight, stand behind the car and look at which way the front tires are pointed. If Both to the right Lengthen the RS t/r and shorten the LS t/r. Just do the SAME exact number of turns to both sides.

·
V8'sRGone
1,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73sport
- yanked the dash and used TOOTH-PASTE to polish the scratched up clock bezel and instrument cluster bezel.

Do you used Tooth paste????? Are you serious?

I´m going to try it :cool:
I used gel on a cotton ball. Try it in a place you can't see and make sure it doesn't scratch it worse. Rub hard w/out water goin in circles. Wash, Dry it and inspect it. If it looks good, go for the big area. It will take some time and it won't take out a gouge or anything other than light scratches. With the parts out you can push pretty firm. Goes faster this way.

·
Born to Drive
2,826 Posts
If you're good at counting and defining thread pitch, turn both the tie-rod ends the SAME amount in the opposite direction. It won't change your toe, just make the wheel better.

Example - point the wheel straight, stand behind the car and look at which way the front tires are pointed. If Both to the right Lengthen the RS t/r and shorten the LS t/r. Just do the SAME exact number of turns to both sides.
hey, tnx for the info but i'm not really understasnding this...can u like...explain to me in a noobish way?
are you talking about like sorta doing my own alignment-ish adjustments?

·
V8'sRGone
1,956 Posts
Yeppers!

I'll elaborate but this ain;t the place for it as it will be novel when I'm done and people will make comments.... :facepalm:

I can help and have a couple others with the same request. I need some pictures to help and then will get a stickie for it cause its gonna help lots of people dial stuff in good enough to get to the garage or run it a long time.

I trust my work and get good tire mileage. Give me a couple days K.

·
抵抗は無駄で&#
9,079 Posts
73sport, absolutely post a new thread with that steering adjustment info. my steer.wheel is off to left a tad now, not sure at the moment if it's bad alignment causing it (yeah, it's been 4 years since i did it) or something else. once i get new tires and redo alignment i may need that info :)

cheers

41 - 60 of 5472 Posts
About this Discussion
5.5K Replies
583 Participants
00GoldSEV6
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing