Toyota Nation Forum banner

5961 - 5980 of 6021 Posts

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Thanks! I'm definitely not OEM height. I don't remember what OEM height is because I have CXRacing coilovers installed and I am dropped probably close to 2". Offset is +35 with no rubbing and I'll post some other pics.
Cool, I am staying with OEM height because I tend to (has not happen for a while) take some right turns too early and also because potholes and other road hazards in the Wisconsin weather. How's the ride? Like I said before, I plan on getting 18s because I think that is a good middle ground for some performance and comfort.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cool, I am staying with OEM height because I tend to (has not happen for a while) take some right turns too early and also because potholes and other road hazards in the Wisconsin weather. How's the ride? Like I said before, I plan on getting 18s because I think that is a good middle ground for some performance and comfort.
I definitely understand that. Staying stock height definitely has it's advantages. I was sold on 18's for the longest until I saw a user on here named Zipper Fairy with these same wheels on his SE. Sold me immediately! As far as ride quality degradation compared to stock I'm not the best to ask. I've been on coilovers for almost two years now and was on lowering springs for a year or so before that. I can say surprisingly there wasn't much comfort loss going from 215/55 tires on my stock wheels to 225/40 on these new ones with the same tire.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A couple of close-ups of the fitment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Neeeeew shoes, New Sho-oo-oo-oes. Lol! Finally got some rubber on my new wheels and got around to lowering her again. Also upgraded to drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads. Changed oil with Mobile 1 and K&N filter.

-19x8.75 XXR 530s Wheels
-Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 225/40/R19
-Nakamoto Rotors and pads
Would 245/40/R19 be too much?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Saturday I ran seafoam in the crankcase for 200 miles, replaced my leaking valve cover gasket, changed the oil and filter with mobil 1, cleaned 130k miles worth of carbon out of the throttle body, wire brushed my battery terminals while the ecu reset (forgot this needs to be done after unplugging the maf, unless you like a 1200 rpm idle!), and tightened up the rear drums a tad. Now the idle is buttery smooth and quiet!

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,419 Posts
Replacing old melting and cracking dashboard GEN6 Camry

Over the past 2 days I replaced my sticky and cracked dashboard. I bought one from Boch Toyota South in Mass. About a 70 mile drive each way. It saved me 240 shipping charges. Their price was great 766.00 dollars plus tax. Yesterday I spent 3 hours removing the old dash and transferring all of the HVAC tubing, passenger side airbag, speaker wire ,antenna and ground cables all part of the wiring harness. 1st pic New dashboard in box with part number if anyone decides to do this. 2nd pic old melting ,peeling and cracked dashboard. 3rd pick with all of the parts transferred from the old dash ,4 pic old dashboard out, wow look at all those wires. 5th and six pics finished product. What I did during the uninstall of the old dash was bag and label what screws and bolts went to each part and taped that bag to each part to remember for installation of the new dash. It took me 7hours for the whole process since this is my 1st time doing a project of this size. But I am glad that I did. I saved the $800 most dealers quoted me for this install.
Any comments welcome.
Glenn

I used this guy's video as a reference and it was very helpful.https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=replacing+your+sticky+dash+pad+toyota+camry+youtube&&view=detail&mid=DC1674AE0B4533879417DC1674AE0B4533879417&&FORM=VRDGAR
Sent from my A622GL using Tapatalk

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,419 Posts
I have the TRD catback, yours looks very nice, how is the sound ???

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,419 Posts

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,419 Posts
I have the TRD catback, yours looks very nice, how is the sound ???
I went to the car washed and had car washed and dried I applied tire dressing, put 303 UV protectant on the dash and vacumed out

Sent from my A622GL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oil & Filter change. Running full synthetic and NAPA Gold filter. Brushed the rust off the drain bolt & sprayed it with WD-40 to protect. :nerd:

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's unusual :eek:
3 times in 2 weeks, I usually put the keys on my back pouch, maybe the pressure makes the keys buttons stay in.
One of does times things where inside the trunk, luck that was at the parking at work.
So I just unplugged, this way the remote won't open the trunk.
I dont mind open from inside.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Got my Wagner pads and rotors installed. Not much of a difference in pedal feel but I feel better with it. Front slide pins weren't stuck, just hard to get out because I had used anti-seize as brake lubricant when I last lubed them. I would not recommend using anti-seize as brake lubricant but it is better than nothing. Ended up losing both front rubber bushing things for the caliper pins because they would not stay in their slot so I gave up. Rotors took some WD-40 and a couple hammer blows but it eventually came off. Anti-seized the hub for "easy removal". Ended up having to file the pads because it was too tight of a fit each time I got them in. Otherwise the fronts went alright.

All rear slide pins except for one were still greased up pretty good. Though this is because I had to do my rear pads a bit earlier than expected about two or three years ago after changing them out about two or three years previously. One slide pin boot had a little hole so the slide pin got stuck. It could spin, just would not come put without some force from my impact gun and a wrench. Will replace that boot and pin later on. Luckily for me I did not have to adjust my parking brake nor did my rotors get stuck on the parking brake, they were just a "simple" replacement. Anti-seized the sliding surfaces for the parking brake and the hub itself. Ended up filing the pads like the front though these were a bit easier since it has just one surface it sits on.

Took me... too long since I forgot my 3\8" impact gun at my apartment (I did this at my dads house where my actual tools are), had to get more brake cleaner, would've liked a bit more brake lubrication, needed a steel brush, then needed a file.

5961 - 5980 of 6021 Posts
About this Discussion
6K Replies
596 Participants
maestro123
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing