Toyota Nation Forum banner

5981 - 6000 of 6021 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
When trying to clean the mufflers months ago I scratched off the black coating that was on them so I finally re-painted them and they look good, but that high heat black paint really isn't black and I want them dark black.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Took it to the car wash. Brought it home. Claybared it. Cut the scratches from the winter out with polishing compound. Then went over the car a second time with a low cut high gloss polishing compound. Then waxed it.

Used a black dye to restore all the black trim on the outside and a chrome polish for the trim and tail pipes.

Cleaned the kick plates to remote all the dirt and grime from them.

Had a yellow top optima battery installed and got rid of the 4 year old battery the previous owner had under the hood.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Flushed OEM brake fluid with Wagner DOT 5.1. After a couple miles of driving and braking, the brake pedal started to feel better than it was before. I've had like five months of car add-ons that I had more or less not planned to do now but I was bored and wanted to work on it. Gotta stop spending money... even though I just spent money on a ECU tune... Do wanna do struts and sway bar bushings but I think those can actually wait.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Washed it at the coin op carwash, went to the junkyard and grabbed some parts. I got a wiring pigtail and the wire cover so I could install the Gentex 177 mirror I have, got a strut tower brace out of a Lexus, a relay for the A/C, a rear bumper cover that is the same color and in better shape than mine, and four 7 spoke factory hubcaps to replace the chintzy aftermarket ones I had on it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Got a pair of replacement floor mat grommets and hooks, and decided to remove my interior so that I can clean it really well. I'm going to pressure wash the carpets, scrub the seats, and clean all of the plastics.

IMG_20190502_173554591_HDR_1556844053436.jpg IMG_20190502_185231057_1556843830519.jpg IMG_20190502_185224516_1556844008653.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
strut replacement

my 02 camry has the original front strut with 195k miles on it. should i replace it with Monroe or KYB quick struts? also has anyone replaced their and had noise problems with quick strut?

·
Registered
29 Posts
nice, i also added a gentex 177 to mine a fews ago and also have the strut bar installed about a year ago. will be posting pics of my ride soon.

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,419 Posts
I did a full detail, washed and vacuumed. Buffed with Maguire's 105 to remove surface scratches from the winter using my Porter Cable XP7424 da polisher and orange pad. Then Maguire's swirl remover and Liquid Glass as my top coat. Polished chrome wheels and applied tire dressing.
Glenn

Sent from my A622GL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Been a while since I've been here - recently changed out my Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring Tires - about 60k miles on them. Got new tires today - Continental TrueContact Touring.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Replaced the worn out door stop. Now hopefully my wife will not ding other cars when parked on a slight incline.

New one on the top

Pretty easy to change. FYI, right and left are interchangeable.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I Si02 coated my windshield...... Farewell Rain X...... Now I only have to coat my windshield once every 1-2 years.... not every other week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got the car detailed. Previous mods include roof spoiler, weather tech window visors, rear sway bar upgrade, and swapped out wheels to 2015 XSE 18 inchers and swapped out all interior to LEDs. Coming soon: switching out cloth seats to red Katzkin leather.

5981 - 6000 of 6021 Posts
About this Discussion
6K Replies
596 Participants
maestro123
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing