Toyota Nation Forum banner

6021 - 6038 of 6038 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I got the replacement LED's today for the side markers in the headlight lenses. So I jacked the car up enough to remove the front wheels, pulled them off. pulled back the splash gaurds, and spent the most time trying to reach them to change them out. Then put it all back together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the process of restoring my 98 CE with MT. Over the past several days I've:

• Replaced the broken taillights
  • Missing trim pieces in the trunk
  • Washed the carpet in the trunk
  • Took out all seats and shampooed them (On the lookout for leather replacements)
  • Shampooed all of the carpet
Things still to do:

• Angle the headlights--light output is terrible at night (need suggestions/advice on this. Tried angling them, worked somewhat. Headlights are brand new.)
  • Fix A/C
  • Fix exhaust leak
  • Find/install new center console
  • Fix random stalls when coming to a stop (Anyone know what to check for this one?)
  • Sand and polish OEM Enkei wheels

·
Registered
316 Posts
In the process of restoring my 98 CE with MT. Over the past several days I've:

• Replaced the broken taillights
  • Missing trim pieces in the trunk
  • Washed the carpet in the trunk
  • Took out all seats and shampooed them (On the lookout for leather replacements)
  • Shampooed all of the carpet
Things still to do:

• Angle the headlights--light output is terrible at night (need suggestions/advice on this. Tried angling them, worked somewhat. Headlights are brand new.)
  • Fix A/C
  • Fix exhaust leak
  • Find/install new center console
  • Fix random stalls when coming to a stop (Anyone know what to check for this one?)
  • Sand and polish OEM Enkei wheels
What type of bulbs are they ? 9005/9006 or H11?

If you have a fuel pressure regulator on one of your fuel lines, check it. (For the stalling)

·
Registered
5 Posts
What type of bulbs are they ? 9005/9006 or H11?

If you have a fuel pressure regulator on one of your fuel lines, check it. (For the stalling)
The headlight bulbs are 9003s
I will check the FPR--thanks for that.

Currently I have these on the car. If possible, I would like that clean white crisp output and with the proper amount of light output---like alot of the newer cars come with from the factory these days. Any retrofit plug and play options anyone know of?

·
Registered
316 Posts
The headlight bulbs are 9003s
I will check the FPR--thanks for that.

Currently I have these on the car. If possible, I would like that clean white crisp output and with the proper amount of light output---like alot of the newer cars come with from the factory these days. Any retrofit plug and play options anyone know of?
In my pickup truck, and my Camry I use LED's from DDM Tuning. The Truck is 9005/9006 and the Camry is h11. I They come with a 2 year warranty and I have them in my high beams, low beams and fog lights. Out of 6 bulbs I have only had 2 replaced in 2 years and they come with a 2 year warranty. It looks like 9003's are the same as H4's? If so, here is the link to them. If you do both the high and low beams, I would get the decoder for like $22.

You won't be disappointed with them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just bought a 5th and 6th gen camry. On the 5th gen, changed PCV valve, flushed green (yellow really) coolant and put the pink stuff, changed oil and power steering fluid. Also bled brakes but front driver was frozen. Will leave that for another day when I'll be ready to get a new caliper if I actually break it. Also cleaned MAF and throttle body.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I swapped my manual AC control to Auto control. Had to swap the AC amplifier and add the cabin temp sensor. All in best $60 Ive spent.
I'd like to do this for my Gen 6 Camry. Originally, I was planning on reverse engineering the control signals and making a custom control panel, but an easy swap and sensor addition would be much easier.
Would you be able to provide information on how you did the swap and where you found parts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Took my baby out for a long 5-6 mi. drive. Got home and hit up Amazon for some new floor mats(we just got snow here in the Midwest) and eBay for a center console bezel replacement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I left my 97 Camry at Walgreens because it started this intermittent will start right up, Then won't do anything but turn over, And NOT startup thing its been doing lately . Any ideas ?

·
Registered
2007 Camry LE
405 Posts
Cruise control stalk broke in half at the base this morning driving to work in the Camry. A quick search and I found a few Toyo/Lexus owners that had this happened to them before.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Adjusted my ksport coilovers; lessened the spring pre-load, and adjusted the sway-bar link shackles to a lower setting (this setup if set too high will cause the sway bar links to contact the coilover. In other words, a design flaw). The current settings yield the best ride yet from this kit.

6021 - 6038 of 6038 Posts