Toyota Nation Forum banner

6061 - 6080 of 6103 Posts

·
Registered
Japan-built 3MZ-FE
68 Posts
Hey looking at your pics the headlights look awesome, Aftermarket? if so where did you get them and do you like the light they beam out? I have cleaned and cleared my stock but they lenses are still not perfect and those you have look perfect. Thanks for any help.
Thanks! They're stock actually, I think all the 2002-2006 SEs (4-cyl and V6) had this blackout trim. You can buy factory replacements from Toyota for about $300 each, or I'm sure there are a ton of secondhand options given how many of these cars were made.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Finally got to take her out for a drive now that she's "completely legal" in the eyes of the Commonwealth of Virginia, including the final step of passing the state safety inspection.

Here's fair warning for anyone contemplating purchasing a vehicle with a rebuilt title from out of state and registering in Virginia: Everything related to rebuilt titles must be processed in Richmond and generally takes from 30-60 days to get the Virginia title. Then you have to go back to the DMV again to get your plates.

Well worth it, though. Today was a beautiful day for a drive through the countryside in the Shenandoah Valley.

·
Registered
2004Toyota Camry V6
1,680 Posts
Replace two PS hose/tube assemblies that were showing distress. The hoses are not sold separately . First return hose after rack&pinion not showing seepage yet. It too is sold as an assembly.$$

·
Registered
394 Posts
Went for my second top-down drive, which was wonderful for as long as it lasted before the rain arrived.

In these days of social distancing, being out and about in my convertible, but still at more than the specified "safe distance" from anyone else, with the wind in my hair is a real blessing.

·
Registered
394 Posts
On this cloudy and cool day, I took the opportunity to apply one of those new-fangled ceramic coatings to my car, that I washed yesterday when it was absolutely balmy (mid-70s, today we didn't even hit 60).

This stuff is much, much, much easier to apply than regular wax, and if it holds up over time and with less need for reapplication I will be sticking to it.

It's pretty much spray on, spread out, and you're done.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I also put Aquapel (like Rain-X on long-lasting steroids) on the windows, which generally leaves a "slick" for lack of a better description that I like to wash off the next day, which I just did.

I knew what to expect with the windows and Aquapel, but not the car body and the ceramic coating (in this case, Carfidant Ultimate Ceramic Coating, but there are others, even Turtle Wax just introduced one). The result is better than I could have hoped for, and if it holds up at least as long as conventional high quality automobile wax (e.g. Collinite), I'll never be using regular wax again.

WS&Hood_Sm.jpg

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Camry LE, 2011 SR5 Tundra TSS CrewMax, 1995 Nissan Maxima GXE
100 Posts
Replaced the brake booster vacuum hose-to-regulator clamp, R&I cowl panel grille and replaced some of the foam seals underneath the cowl panel grille. Also found I will have to replace it since all of the "clip" fixtures on it are now broken from getting brittle... oh, well...

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,662 Posts
Looks great, that red really pops !!!
Glenn

·
Registered
394 Posts
that red really pops !!!
Toyota called it Absolute Red with good reason!! It seems to almost glow in certain lower light conditions.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry LE 2.4L 4-Cylinder
2 Posts
Today I repainted the roof of my 2004 Camry because it had significant sun damage on it. Turned out great! Not prefect though. Still have to do the hood in two spots and the trunk in one spot.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The brand new ( 3-4 week old) TYC OEM new fog light casings are leaking.....and moisture is getting in. Ran the car through the car wash to get rid of some of the pine pollen and used a spray detailer with SiO2 Ceramic in it..... looked great until it was coated in pine pollen again. Funny thing is most of the pine pollen simply flies off the car once you are going at least 25-35 mph with the coating on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Like the title says...
Just putting this up for those of you that didn't really do anything that significant to start a new thread for..... so just add it to the list here. ANYTHING u did to your Camry today post it up 👍👍👍. Pls keep this on topic, anything other than that will modify/move/delete without notice. Thx

ill begin...I keep checking on my new ES300 fogs retrofit,look great and NO i wont post pics until i get HID for it. Man need to save up for HID. :h

·
Registered
17 Posts
2007 Solara convertible, 55k miles, changed fog lights to LED bright white, added a backup reverse camera to factory radio, nav with jbl, added silo sound insulation in rear truck bed and sides. I have attached the directions on how what you need to order and from where in order to do the backup reverse camera without doing alot of wire taping and cuting. all in all... 3hrs to do the backup camera due to removal of stubborn dash parts... Car solutions provided the adapter cable at 15.00, 39.95 for Natika Camera, Best buy and car tunes wanted 450.00 labor. Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Camry XLE
22 Posts
Add mudguards to the Camry. I’m glad I received gray mudguards to match the Camry. Bc I Thought the mudguards came in black by default.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Replaced the low beam and fog light bulbs again........ New specs:

1. Driver Side Low Beam: 6000k H11 at 6,250 lumens
  2. Passenger Side Low Beam: 6000k H11 at 6,250 lumens
  3. Driver Side Fog: 6000k H11 at 6,250 lumens
  4. Passenger Side Fog: 6000k H11 at 6,250 lumens

Total lumen output on the road...... 25,000 lumens
No additional fogs, or otherwise aftermarket lights.

Low beam photo:

Low beam and fog lights:

A different place with more trees:

Low beam:

Low beam and Fog Lights:

·
Registered
2007 Camry LE
415 Posts
Recently finished adding Profile Pivot switchback drl strips in the headlights. Headlights are retroffited with NHK G5-EX bixenon projectors with 5500K D2S bulbs. I also modded the Morimoto XB led fog lights to work independent of the low and high beams.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I am at about 8500 miles on Mobile 1 Full Synthetic and it is nice outside so I went ahead and did the oil change. Then I washed the car and spray detailed it.

6061 - 6080 of 6103 Posts