Toyota Nation Forum banner

6081 - 6100 of 6103 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just replaced a wheel stud on my front left wheel.
Long story short, the stud broke and cause the car to vibrate. When I checked it all other lug nuts were loose and wheel was shaking. Luckily all is well as I was coming back from a 1050 mile road trip.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This happened today. It's my first car that I lowered and I might have to say that it was a lot easier to do than lifting my trucks!

2011 LE 2.5L on Venza wheels 225/40R19 General Gmaxx, KYB excel-g with Megan lowering springs

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
8,989 Posts
This happened today. It's my first car that I lowered and I might have to say that it was a lot easier to do than lifting my trucks!

2011 LE 2.5L on Venza wheels 225/40R19 General Gmaxx, KYB excel-g with Megan lowering springs

Makes for a good thread.

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,662 Posts
I painted my new front brake calipers to match the rears. I used 3 coats of Duplicolor Caliper Paint some Camry decals that I found online and then 4 coats of duplicolor engine high heat clear coat. I think they came out great.
Glenn

Attachments

Reactions: kottmeier

·
Registered
2003 Camry LE 4cyl
27 Posts
Bought a radiator cap. The AC was diminishing over the past week. Noticed a slowly leaking radiator cap. Added about 1.5 to 2 quarts of coolant, and now the AC is working. It was a bit sporadic and keep dwindling away to almost no cool air at all. I had already replaced the evaporator, TXV, condensor and all O-rings. Funny thing is it never overheated even while fully warmed up and idling in the driveway in 90+ degree weather. OBDll stayed between 194 and 196 degree before adding the coolant. 🤔?

On another note; I discovered that if you have the hideous low idle problem you have to Keep the RPMs at 1000 or higher to get the proper reading on the Freon charge. As soon as the RPMs go up its over charged.

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Bought a radiator cap. The AC was diminishing over the past week. Noticed a slowly leaking radiator cap. Added about 1.5 to 2 quarts of coolant, and now the AC is working. It was a bit sporadic and keep dwindling away to almost no cool air at all. I had already replaced the evaporator, TXV, condensor and all O-rings. Funny thing is it never overheated even while fully warmed up and idling in the driveway in 90+ degree weather. OBDll stayed between 194 and 196 degree before adding the coolant. 🤔?

On another note; I discovered that if you have the hideous low idle problem you have to Keep the RPMs at 1000 or higher to get the proper reading on the Freon charge. As soon as the RPMs go up its over charged.
Did you bleed the air out?

·
Registered
Japan-built 3MZ-FE
68 Posts
Deleted the chrome around the windows and added some visors to air out the summer heat.

That is one nice, clean build. Kudos.

Reactions: bigpig

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is one nice, clean build. Kudos.
Thank you Panda! I just put on mud flaps to save the side profile from my 80 mile commute to the east bay. Gonna wrap the roof with gloss black vinyl and install my fogs to light the night roads.

·
Registered
81 Posts

My rear shocks seem to be giving out so I'm looking to get these. Where'd you get them?

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
I've actually been looking at getting the KYB Strut Plus ones from Rockauto! I'm posting a thread about this soon
I'm still am debating on lowering springs but because I want the ability to generally go anywhere I need to go. I worry about getting stuck or having parts ripped off because I am too low. I may not drive in grass much, I may not driven in gravel much, I am guaranteed to drive in snow, so I am still debating lowering springs.

I am likely to get KYB Strut Plus too but they don't have the rear SE set, I would have to get springs for it.

Sure I would like my car lower and better feeling... but is it worth the hazards... if anything 18" wheels, good tires, polyurethane sway bar bushings, other polyurethane replacements, still debating on lowering sprjngs...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm still am debating on lowering springs but because I want the ability to generally go anywhere I need to go. I worry about getting stuck or having parts ripped off because I am too low. I may not drive in grass much, I may not driven in gravel much, I am guaranteed to drive in snow, so I am still debating lowering springs.

I am likely to get KYB Strut Plus too but they don't have the rear SE set, I would have to get springs for it.

Sure I would like my car lower and better feeling... but is it worth the hazards... if anything 18" wheels, good tires, polyurethane sway bar bushings, other polyurethane replacements, still debating on lowering sprjngs...
I heard the KYB strut plus sits a bit higher. I'm not planning on getting any lowering springs

·
Registered
33 Posts
I heard the KYB strut plus sits a bit higher. I'm not planning on getting any lowering springs
Here's where I got the struts KYB
KYB Excel-G OEM Shocks Set for 2007-2011 Toyota Camry SE FWD Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw_qb3BRAVEiwAvwq6VqKlq3ddWqg6VOfTAvQzTEUm1XNuMbjOfuefkKf01rcJkkW9X3zAQxoCH1YQAvD_BwE

Ordered on friday afternoon, came sunday at noon!

I got the Megan lowering springs on ebay for $160 shipped. These were also ordered on Friday afternoon and arrived on Sunday at noon.

I got the visors on ebay for 27$

Love the ride! Can't complain and would recommend!

6081 - 6100 of 6103 Posts