Toyota Nation Forum banner

181 - 200 of 7732 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Awesome! Did you use the ones from the tC or from the Gen6? Given how crazy restrictive the stock headers are, did you feel an increase in power? How about the sound?
What? I didn't know they made for the gen6?? I used for the '11 tC.

Whoa! Lemme tell u, it freed up so much power. Choke low to mid power is great now. Sound is awesome too! Combined with intake n exhaust, sounds like a beast!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
31 Posts
Swapped out my stock SE 17" Wheels for the the SE V6 18" Tuner Wheels.

I bought my 2012 SE I4 3 weeks ago. Thinking about ^^^^ these two options.

Here's a break down of mine.

It's a 2012 Camry SE in super white with:

convenience package (keyless entry, push button start, leather trim, backup camera)
powered leather / suede seats
heated seats
carpeted floor mats
carpeted trunk mat
Navigational
power moon roof
fog lights

·
Registered
400 Posts
What? I didn't know they made for the gen6?? I used for the '11 tC.

Whoa! Lemme tell u, it freed up so much power. Choke low to mid power is great now. Sound is awesome too! Combined with intake n exhaust, sounds like a beast!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I'm not sure if headers were available for the Gen6 or not. I just know that later model Gen6's and the '11 tC's used the same 2AR engine.

Good to hear! After seeing the super restrictive stock headers for the first time, I figured an aftermarket solution would probably yield the most power (compared to a lightweight pulley, intake, exhaust, etc). Ever think about posting up a build thread or at least a video of all your mods? I don't recall what exhaust you have.

For your next mod, have you considered a lightweight (NOT underdrive) crank pulley? NonStop Tuning makes one for the '11 tC and dyno'ed it to produce some amazing results. http://nonstoptuning.wordpress.com/2011/09/08/nonstoptuning-crank-pulley-dyno-testing-2nd-gen-2011-scion-tc/

I'm planning on a lot of the same mods (intake, exhaust, headers, lightweight crank pulley, roof spoiler, etc.), but I just haven't had the time to do anything yet. Props to you taking the first step for most of these!

181 - 200 of 7732 Posts
About this Discussion
7.7K Replies
673 Participants
2012CamryLE
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing