Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 7741 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I Installed DDM HID in both the headlight and fog light last week
Today, I braved myself and installed the Gentex auto dimming with home link and compass ...
Great job.:thumbsup: Where did you purchase the mirror, how much was it, and how hard was the install?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great job.:thumbsup: Where did you purchase the mirror, how much was it, and how hard was the install?

I bought the mirror from ebay from ddave57 .... 129 for the mirror and the wiring kit .... I know i can get cheaper price else where but he is the trusted source with back up support if needed ...

I have more detail install thread in the main Gen7 forum ... Install is very easy .... It took me more time to remove the overhead console since it is the first time i remove in a Gen7 camry.

There is a connection for the OEM auto dimming mirror taped down in there .... which supprise me because mine is just a base SE without any option except the power seat. Once I figure out which wire is ground, constant power and switched power, install take less than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Poor man navigation + ODBII gauges ..... Until some OEM look head unit come out from China :D

Installed in the sunglasses holder. I had to mod the heck out of that garmin to make it fit in there and close properly. I don't use the navigation function that much plus it is 100% voice command ... so no need to touch the screen to enter an address or other functions.
I mostly use it for ODBII data and the Eco Challenge function as entertainment for long commute drive ...:naughty: So up there is much nicer than suction cup to the windshield

These are real time ODBII gauges ...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just detailing so far

I treated all the plastic in the engine compartment, interior, and trunk with 303 Protectant and got the Fabric Guard applied on all the interior except the passenger seat (it's too cold to let it sit long enough to dry if I treat the driver's seat, at least if I follow the 303 directions).

Still haven't decided to debadge the vehicle and I am having all sorts of trouble finding the wheels I want in the right finish. The two I liked the most were either the wrong finish (gunmetal versus the black I want) or specifically for a Mercedes bolt pattern (TSW Lodrina or Mandrus Wilhelm)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I picked up our new Barcelona Red I4 Camry on Saturday. Today, it is getting 20% tint on all windows (except front), clear bra on hood, side mirrors, headlights, fog lights and top of rear bumper (aka golfer's package).

·
Registered
331 Posts
After drove home from the dealer and still in the garage, I already replaced all doom, doors, and trunk light to LED that I have left over from over purchase for the Sienna.

·
Registered
331 Posts
^ sound awesome. Did you compare the OEM with your LED? Usually I find the LED dim.
It's all epend on what type of LED you put in.
I bought it from fleebay some time back about 1.25 -1.50 for a pack of 2 lights with 4 surface mount LEDs on each. Light output is a little brighter than OEM filament bulbs.

·
Joined the dark side. :D
5,930 Posts
^ I did about the same... but I got the 10 surface mount LED. I'll just change them out as the OEM burn.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's the look I wanted but haven't given any thought on best way to black out the emblems.

How did you black them out and can you share some close-up shots?

Are you getting black wheels as well? I'm still looking for just the right black wheel with a mirror face to set it off...

·
Need For Speed
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
You guys might want to check out the Gen 5/6 Camry section for ideas on mods and how to black out emblems (Plasti Dip is popular). A lot of the stickied info will apply to Gen 7 as well :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Blacked Out Trim

I used Plastidip.

I was originally looking at an SHO and I would have gotten the black police rims.

I hate chrome and like a stock wheel.

At least the 18 inch Camry wheels are tinted grey.

Next project are the chrome surround trim around the windows and tinting of the clear portions of the rear taillights. I will use vinyl film.

A bit too bright for me.

I kept the twin chrome lower grill bars for now until I figure out how to mount LED running lights over them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did you do the cover up method using painters tape or de badge and re badge? Also can someone link to the DIY on the 5th and 6th gen side, I can't seem to find it. Will use the search feature again but would be a great help!

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Black SE

Got the Clear Bra and Tint done today.

Front bumper, Hood (straight cut), fender, mirrors, cups, and door edges.

15% Ceramic Tint in the back and Air Blue on the roll-up pair.

Here's some shots from the shop I got the work done at

21 - 40 of 7741 Posts