Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 7733 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Very nice looking Megayota!

I go in for my tints on Monday, on my Accord I had the tints as 35% in the front and 20% in the back. (back you can do anything but front has to be 35%) Ironically my cousin and my brothers all did 20% all around and never had an issue, I however have been pulled over and specifically asked about my tints. (I know...) When I told him that my fronts were 35% and that the person who installed them would attest to that in a court because I was very meticulous and inquired about that going in, the cop looked at me and said, "Seems like you know your stuff, have a great day" and let me go.

So, with that knowledge I see now they have 30% tints for the front and 23 and 18% for the back, I will be doing a 30% front and 23% rear or if they don't recommend that, I'll just go with the same thing as before. (35/20)

·
Check Your Six.
262 Posts
Contacted Katzkin for custom leather. Requested quotes for single and two tone on 2 rows. Two tones could go up 2k+

On the other hand, I sent an e-mail to a local shop here in Jacksonville, FL http://www.farjax.com/ and requested a quote on a custom leather for a 2 row interior as well.

My Camry is only base and of course no sunroof. I was thinking on having a two panel sunroof in the future.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Contacted Katzkin for custom leather. Requested quotes for single and two tone on 2 rows. Two tones could go up 2k+

On the other hand, I sent an e-mail to a local shop here in Jacksonville, FL http://www.farjax.com/ and requested a quote on a custom leather for a 2 row interior as well.

My Camry is only base and of course no sunroof. I was thinking on having a two panel sunroof in the future.
I would email Clazzio and see if they can jump start the process on covers for the '12. Their quality is great, and the covers can be removed if you ever decide to sell the car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
dam i wish i had i place that dose it by me i already got an scratch and little chip on my front bumper i
had to order dr color chip and use it on the bumper

·
Need For Speed
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
How bad are they? Sometimes you just need time and a bit of heat and sunshine for the tint to set properly. Some degree of bubbles are normal.

·
#ProjectTRDCamry
426 Posts
Not 100% sure on the gen 7 lip spoiler, but on my gen 5 I had marking strips lightly taped to the spoiler, set it down, taped the strips to the car, then drilled the holes and bolted it up. like I said, I think it is the same way but I could be wrong. Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
What's involved in installing the spoiler?
To install the factory spoiler, you need the installation template.
- Open trunk and remove inner trim panel.
- Tape down the template and mark where you going to drill holes for bolts and plastic fastener (clips).
- Drill 6 holes totals with 8.5mm drill bit. Installation call for 8.5 adn 9mm but I only have 8.5 so I use for all 6. The 2 that required 9mm is for bolt and that is even smaller hole than other 4. I drill 2 times. Start drilling with smaller bit then move to bigger bit to avoid "wandering" when drilling with big bit.
- Clean trunk lid then snap spoiler on. Make adjustment (center) the spoiler then pull 3M backing tape to adherence the spoiler to the trunk.
- use 10mm socket to tighten the 2 nuts.
- Adjust the torque rod positions on both side of the trunk.
Total time take about an hr to 1.5 hrs. Took me 2 hrs cuz I'm taking my time and looking for drill bits. Very easy job.
The only problem is how big is your guts to drill into brand new car :naughty:

Will post pictures later when I find my freaking SD card reader.

I have my template for sale if anyone want it. $55 shipped. The only mark I did to the template is the tiny push pin hole at the center to the +. Visually 100% brand new. I bought it along with the spoiler. Normally they go for 60 bucks or more + shipping. After you done, sale it to whoever need it. So we keep "reuse" it to save few bucks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
got the tC2 wheels installed this weekend. took me a couple weeks because the sensors had to be switched over. will have to get some quality pics once it stops raining and i can wash the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Installed TRD seat belt pads on front seats and OEM all weather floor mats purchased on eBay Motors. Would include pics but don't know how to upload.:)

41 - 60 of 7733 Posts
About this Discussion
7.7K Replies
673 Participants
BlackNWhiteCamry
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing