Toyota Nation Forum banner

7681 - 7700 of 7739 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got mine from xenondepot. And I used one of the 3 bolts from back of the tail light to secure it. It's slim and there's enough space between the carpet and resistor to not to worry about the carpet getting too hot.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Photojournalist
1,794 Posts
Went back to Denso SK plugs from the IKs I put in last year. They sucked and I was getting a very slight miss at idle.
My mileage was suffering too, but only by a couple of MPG average.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
installed an on off on NTE Electronics switch (SPDT) for my foot-well lights
the switch is giving me 3 options: 1 position manual "on" control. the middle position completely shuts off foot-well lights. the third position allows the door to activate the lights.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just had my 20,000 mile service taken care of. I got the "service required soon" warning a couple weeks ago at 19,500-ish miles and scheduled for today. Brakes were at 10/9 mm front/rear. Tires (original) are down to 5/32" all the way around. Guess I'm buying new tires this fall...

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Installed the door handle lights they are tapped into dome light circuit with my footwell lights so they come on whenever doors are open or whenever unlock button is pressed on the remote.
Little Dot SMD LED Accent Light Cool White (These are flat LEDS, small, low profile, and have a flat wire coming off them so you can run the wire with little notice)
Part Number: LD1-CW from SuperBrightLEDs.com.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Finally got around to changing my valve cover gasket on my 2014.5. Has around 135k on it now. Everything under looks good to me. Took a little over an hour to do. Now just to check for leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
795 Posts
Very clean engine for 135,000 miles, you must change the oil every 5000 miles. BTW why change the gasket? Leaks? I have a Corolla with 200K+ and no leaks, not expecting Toyota's quality to go down.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Very clean engine for 135,000 miles, you must change the oil every 5000 miles. BTW why change the gasket? Leaks? I have a Corolla with 200K+ and no leaks, not expecting Toyota's quality to go down.

Thanks, mine has mostly been 5k changes up to 100k then just decided that 10k can’t be that bad after talking to several Toyota mechanics who have seen my engine with 300k+ several times with only 10k changes on fleet cars not that well taken care of. My car makes me money and I noticed it was starting to seep and get dirt around the spark plugs holes and around the corners of the block. It wasn’t leaking but since I rely on my car to go anywhere from 50-150 miles a day I try to fix things before they become a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Just got done with installing Side mirror turn signals on my 2014 Camry LE used the Venza side mirror covers bought everything from Toyota of coolsprings ( i love how the door handle lights shine up like that lol)

·
16' Camry SE & 18' Camry XSE
626 Posts
Just got done with installing Side mirror turn signals on my 2014 Camry LE used the Venza side mirror covers bought everything from Toyota of coolsprings ( i love how the door handle lights shine up like that lol)

Where did you connect the wires?

Sent from my 130XE

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just completed the first phase of a massive sound deadening project on my 2014.5 LE 2.5L.

Installed Noico's 8mil in the doors, trunk, trunk lid, and floor pan.

Also on the floor pan, over the 8mil product, is Noico's 170mil closed cell foam insulation, which is more thermal insulation than sound.

I did all the work myself, when the wife was not at home, in the span of about 12 working hours over the course of two months.

Using a sound analyzer on my 1st gen Google Pixel XL, the car's baseline (pre-project start) noise level was 73db at 70mph.

Post project, at least the first phase of it, the car's noise level is 63db at 70 mph.

To put that in perspective, my wife drives a 2015 Lexus ES 300h (hybrid version of the ES 350 and an extremely close relative to my Camry). Its noise level is 66db at 70mph with the ICE running.

All total I used two 36ft^2 kits and 1 18ft^2 of the 8mil product, for 90ft^2 in total.

One 36ft^2 of the 170mil close cell foam product, which was only used on the floor pan.

Everything was purchased from Amazon.com and the total cost, including some things I did not list above was a bit above $200.

Left to do is the rear deck and ceiling, however I am thinking of treating the headliner, more than the roof itself. The headliner in the Camry is god awful in regards to acoustics. It is very reflective, where it really should be absorbent.

·
Photojournalist
1,794 Posts
I would be careful adding weight to the headliner rather than the roof.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Added 19" wheels and ContiProContact Sport tires in 235/40.

Performed a 2-stage paint correction/buffing, then wash and wax and detailed the interior.

Added my Yakima roof-rack and bike mounts.

·
Official TN Lurker
849 Posts
This last weekend I replaced the front brakes and installed these beauties, got a killer deal with tires and sensors. Discount tire was nice enough to program the sensors for free. They were dealer takeoffs from a 2019 xse. next needs to be lowered and maybe small spacers?

IMG_20190601_185559 by Jacob R, on Flickr

IMG_20190601_185545 by Jacob R, on Flickr

7681 - 7700 of 7739 Posts