Toyota Nation Forum banner

7721 - 7739 of 7739 Posts

·
TN の がしょう
7,390 Posts
Ran over a pothole...more like the grand canyon.
The rim of the wheel got gashed to heck, front left tire blew out.

Running on used tire for now while my new tire gets delivered.

I'm still amazed on why Toyota did not include a spare tire or a donut even for the camry.

They used to have full spares in previous models.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ran over a pothole...more like the grand canyon.
The rim of the wheel got gashed to heck, front left tire blew out.

Running on used tire for now while my new tire gets delivered.

I'm still amazed on why Toyota did not include a spare tire or a donut even for the camry.

They used to have full spares in previous models.
Potholes are so wonderful.
Your car doesn't have a donut? Mine is under the carpet in the trunk.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
TN の がしょう
7,390 Posts
Got the new tire installed after running over a grand canyon of a pothole.

And I double checked my trunk and low and behold, I do have a donut. Boy did I feel dumb when I found it.

Anyways, I have 100 miles of free towing so it wasn't a big issue for me back then.

·
TN の がしょう
7,390 Posts
Put on some slotted rotors and HPS pads and some SS brake lines. View attachment 282247
How are they so far? Did you bed them in correctly? Any difference in feel from OEM? I have the same pads and planning on getting slotted so I would like your input on it before I do it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
How are they so far? Did you bed them in correctly? Any difference in feel from OEM? I have the same pads and planning on getting slotted so I would like your input on it before I do it.
To be honest slotted rotors are only for looks. The wont help you with braking performance. I did bed them in per the directions for the pads. I think pads, fluid, and the ss lines are more important than the rotor. A "warped" rotor isnt really warped. The pad material gets to hot and transferable over to the rotors unbalancing it and making it feel warped. I higher performance brake pad will handle the heat better and have a better chance of not being over heated.

·
Captain Camry
268 Posts
Replaced upper grill and driver's side headlight assembly. A few weeks ago I replaced the lower grill, but when I got 'behind the scenes' I saw there was even more damage. I bought the car used from a non-Toyota dealer, not certified. Looks like it had front end damage and they did a mediocre repair job. I bought a knock off grill from eBay for pretty cheap and got a used headlight assembly to cut on costs. Had to polish some scratches out of the lens, but looks like new now. Taking the bumper off and on is not my favorite past time, plus it was about 95 degrees out. Swapped out all the bolts, screws and grommets with this project that were either not OEM or broken. Makes me happy now.

I also vinyl wrapped the roof in gloss black. My car is pre-dawn mica (gray). Honestly, not sure what I think of it yet. My car is so dark already that it's actually nearly impossible to see from any angle. I wanted something 'not too severe' to make it pop, but this might have been less than that even. Probably wouldn't have done it if I had known what the final result would be. Plus I can't do drive thru washes anymore either.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mirror turn signals:

GIF: Followed guide from

I bought cheap ebay (do not buy) mirror covers that were actually "carbon fiber" looking design, I spray painted them black.
Unfortunately they do not fit as well as I would have liked and had to basically glue them on with silicone.
I have ordered the attitude black factory covers with the signal opening.

The Lights snapped into place securely using the factor slots for the corner lights (wish the NA models had just come with these). I cut off the connectors that came with the lights and used but connectors with shrink tube to run the lines through the door into the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2012 LE, 131,000 miles. Cleaned up the headlight lenses - used baking soda and vinegar. Made a world of difference. Replaced running light / high beam bulbs - WOW - in daylight, I looked at the front of the car from 20 feet away and I actually thought that the running lights were the high beams. Can't wait for tonight to see my handiwork in the dark. Also replaced the license plate bulbs. What a pain to get the lights out - then a bigger pain to get them back in. But now all cleaned up and ready to go. New low beam H11s come this week, as will some touch-up paint. Will give the car a good detailing before winter.

·
Captain Camry
268 Posts
added some red trim on all four doors. Cheap mod I've seen advertised heavily. Surprised at how nice the results are. Needed a dab of silicon on a couple spots, otherwise it's just held in with pressure.

·
329 Posts
2017 XLE

Last week, new tires: BFG Advantage T/A Sport. OEM's had reached 40k. From Direct Tire.

Just today, I installed remote start. Got it from N2designsinc.com

Thanks

7721 - 7739 of 7739 Posts