Toyota Nation Forum banner

7761 - 7780 of 7841 Posts

·
Registered
'12 Camry SE
67 Posts
I drove my Camry to Georgetown, KY from Milwaukee, WI today. I drove by TMMK 3 times trying to find my hotel, a gas station, somewhere to eat. Man! It's massive! Took me only one tank to get here.

Tomorrow I'm spending a whole day at the plant for pre-employment assessment (interview and physical.) Which I'm trying to get one of the 400 positions available for temp to hire assignment.

Wisconsin job market sucks and I hate how overpopulated Southeastern Wisconsin with Chicagoland population keeps going North.

·
Registered
2017 Camry SE
117 Posts
Drove it to Mammoth and back for a 3 day skiing trip, got 31 mpg on the way up (mostly uphill, and letting the car idle and warm up on early mornings because it was so cold), and 34 mpg on the way back. The upper front strut tower bar and bigger 19mm rear sway bar really make it a joy to drive in the twisties! Very responsive and precise.

·
Registered
2012 Camry XLE, 2007 HiHy Limited
36 Posts
I just got done replacing my stock XLE headlamps with the SE versions. Baked them open to install RX350 low beam HID projectors with STI-R clear lens from Lightwerks. Previously ran Morimoto XB35 H11 bulbs in the stock housing and felt bad about the glare coming from the squirrel spotters.

While I'm at it; mods I've done:
Morimoto XB LED Fog lights with Yellow Lamin-X film
18-SMD White LED license plate lights
PiYo backup camera
Tinted windows at 24%
White interior LEDs
Progress Rear Anti-sway Bar
Ultra Racing FTB

·
Registered
2017 Camry SE
117 Posts
Upgraded the rear sway bar to a 19mm Progress Group bar, part #62.2190 with polyurethane bushings. In addition to the front strut brace, it’ll be interesting to see what the difference in handling and body roll will be.

If anyone needs a factory 13mm rear sway bar, let me know!
As an update: last week, I went on a 3 day long skiing trip, and took the extra long way back home on purpose. During that time, I was able to really get the feel of how the car drives and handles, and I can conclude that there is a significant reduction in body roll, and a more responsive and precise feel in the steering. The LED headlight bulbs for the low beams do an excellent job at lighting up the road at night, too!

·
Registered
2012 Camry XLE, 2007 HiHy Limited
36 Posts
Installed some new LED headlight bulbs for the low beams, and Phillips Crystal Vision Ultra’s for the high beams. Both of them light up the road WAY better.
What LEDs did you get for your low beams? I had Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0s in mine for about a week to see how they compared with the XB35 H11 HID bulbs and I was disappointed.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
8,124 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
8,124 Posts
View attachment 288452 Consistent, and doesn’t spread far apart or glare like others do.
Thanks for taking the time to do this. The plan is to get 2 sets of hikari LED bulbs for both my cars.

I have heard positive things about hikari, but it wasn't a priority for me to get these. But, now, I feel the road will be seen better over the halogens. A few months back I had to pull my hid because one of the bulbs just quit working. Not sure if the issue was with the bulb or the module. Didn't test it and just put in the halogens for the time being.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
8,124 Posts
I think you’ll be happy with these, I know I am.

It really does light up the road! I bought 2 sets for both of my cars. Just dislike the fact that the light output doesn't show during dusk to night.

I am pleased. Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Camry SE
117 Posts
I got these OEM mudgards on Black Friday and they look great https://www.toyotapartsprime.com/oem/toyota-pu06033012p2.html . I got them last week and quickly installed them. Installation was fast and easy so I'm really happy with my purchase. I've been wanting them for a while and I now have them on my ride.
I just bought and installed the same thing today, though I noticed the rear ones don’t line up with the screws at all. Anyone else notice this? The fronts went on no problem, but the rear ones won’t without drilling my own holes and getting some extra screws.

·
Captain Camry
361 Posts
I used some of that Cerakote trim restorer ceramic coating on the black plastic trim on my car. I would give it probably a 7/10. The good: the black plastic molding on my mirrors came out awesome with this stuff. Super black and not quite a gloss finish, more like a satin finish. The not so good: the door pillar moldings were more difficult. One side I just could not get smooth. The other side, I applied then wiped down after a couple minutes and that came out perfect. The ugly: the cowl between my hood and windshield (where the wipers are mounted) came out absolutely awful. Doesn't seem to work with that material very well, still looks gray in some sections, others ok. Rear bumper, lower trim, looks perfect again, worth it just for that application. It seems that the less textured the surface, the better it comes out.

Tips: use a lot more than you think. I know that's why I got some streaking. When you're doing the process you'll think "oh no, this just keeps on going". No, wrong. Switch pads often, use 2-3x more than you think you can get away with. It dries exactly as it looks when it goes on. Only takes a few minutes to dry to the touch. I would not recommend doing the front cowl. If you decide to do the door pillars I would recommend wiping excess off within a few minutes, made a huge difference on that side. Be sure to tape around areas, it is easy to wipe off, but dries really fast.

This product is supposed to last 200 washes and is heavily advertised all over. I am satisfied with the outcome on my car. The cowl is a mess, but it's mostly hidden anyway. The driver's side pillars show some streaking in full sunlight only. Hoping it lasts the years they claim it will! I would probably do it again once it wears off, but with a heavier hand on application.

·
Registered
2017 Toyota Camry Super White
18 Posts
I just bought and installed the same thing today, though I noticed the rear ones don’t line up with the screws at all. Anyone else notice this? The fronts went on no problem, but the rear ones won’t without drilling my own holes and getting some extra screws.
Yes. You do have to drill on the rear to get the mudguards installed.

·
Registered
'12 Camry SE
67 Posts
After couple emails from TMMK: I passed the next round for employment. So I went back to Georgetown, KY on December 28th for day trip. Yes: I drove 15 hours in one day. To scout out living situation.
Then I told TMMK that I will be moving in January 5-6 after being told about getting drug test & physical.
I moved to Lexington on Sunday and had my drug test & physical today. I also went on a tour before my appointment. Pretty awesome: I highly recommend to see it.
I got to see something super rare that is like 1 in a million for tour visitors get to see.... First ever built vehicle leaving the line. I saw first TMMK built RAV4 Hybrid drive off. Photographers taking pictures. Executives, engineers checking over afterwards.
Went to my physcial...I passed! Since I know my drug test is very clean...I am officially a TMMK team member.

If I drove 6500 miles within less than a month for the process of becoming a team member... Now that shows dedication and passion towards Toyota. I know I will have one hell of career at TMMK.

7761 - 7780 of 7841 Posts