2010 Toyota Corolla 1.8L Base / 2015 Toyota Camry 2.4L XSE
32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
T'was time to do some maintenance after the winter treks. I had not changed break pads or rotors since I got the car a few years ago. Glad that I took care of it. They were pretty bad. I would have change them sooner. However I spent about two weeks looking for parts online. Could get anything delivered in sets within a timely manner. So PowerStop rotors and Akebono pads. I wanted to get the hawk rotors. Next time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is nasty for salted road ! (n)
I will have to do mine this month- same route as your but what can we do about brake line that rust ?

I see your and I know mine probably same :eek:

Any protection you thinking of to project your new rotor/spring/... ?

I come from CA so all this is new for me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Did an oil change, mud flaps and replaced the front brakes with Toyota OEM pads and rotors. The place that changed the last oil, tightened the oil filter housing so hard, had to ask for a friend to come over and help me as I was concerned I might break the filter housing. Mud flaps were definitely needed and install went un-eventful. Brake job however was a different story since it was my first time doing it. Struggled with 3 things not even noticeable to an average DIY but for the guy doing it first time, it was a learning experience.
Brake job: Please look at the picture as to how to take the clip off from the existing brake pad. Insert a flat head screw driver and push it in and forward to take it off.
Do not put too much greese in the slide pin hole, I did it and took some time to figure out what was going on.
Some random pictures with our 3 year old helper.
One thing that no one had mentioned, after replacing the pads, pushing the caliper piston in, would make the brake fluid reservoir higher than the MAX in the reservoir. If you don't plan on bleeding the brakes, i'd suggest, siphon some fluid out to get to the normal mark.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That is nasty for salted road ! (n)
I will have to do mine this month- same route as your but what can we do about brake line that rust ?

I see your and I know mine probably same :eek:

Any protection you thinking of to project your new rotor/spring/... ?

I come from CA so all this is new for me.
I will probably upgrade to steel braided lines. but honestly the only thing you can do up here is keep your cunder carriage rinsed of or coat it with something. Keep your car garaged.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice!

Did you buy that kit off Amazon used? If so, I polished the heck out of it for you :D
Sure did... 😁 Sounds decent but did lose bit of low end torque not sure, looks fantastic though. Thinking of buying a sprint booster to make up the low end response.
why did you sell it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had an exhaust leak on my 2013 camry. One of the flange bolts right behind the cat Rusted through and sheared, and the other side was completely fused together so I cut out the whole flange.

I've got this connector in now and today I'll see if I can get a good seal with u-bolt clamps. If not I'll just weld it on so we'll see what happens.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Camry XSE V6
583 Posts
Sure did... 😁 Sounds decent but did lose bit of low end torque not sure, looks fantastic though. Thinking of buying a sprint booster to make up the low end response.
why did you sell it?
Give the ECU some time to adjust, like a few hundred miles of varying driving. Also, if you aren’t using premium, swap to it as your ECU will take advantage of it after a few tanks.

I liked the sound, but the fact that the car is automatic killed it for me. It just didn’t sound right (for me). I also have a cai and aftermarket Y pipe, so it was pretty loud.
Don’t get me wrong, the start up sound and actual tone of the exhaust was awesome, just wasn’t for me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have always used premium in all my cars including daughter's 2011 V6-XLE and son's current 2015 V6-XLE. Btw, he loves the car and the sound is fantastic. I now need to order him a set of H&R lowering springs and a set of wheels.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Took the engine cover off and saw a nice surprise, a mouse nest right underneath the cover at beside the toyota logo. The previous owner didn't drive the car much in 2020 'coz of the pandemic which explains it all. So sucked off the nest, placed an order for body colored side door moldings ( avoiding the dang door dings) and bought an under racing front strut tower brace :)

·
Mr. Roo
Lexus IS300
11,575 Posts
yeah, that's where they tend to nest, right under that warm engine cover where you can't see it. Might be better to just leave the cover off

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's been driven now regularly and is garaged so no more rodent issue. Anyway, where do i buy the silver engine cover to dress up the engine bay?

7941 - 7960 of 7972 Posts