Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 80 of 7732 Posts

·
#ProjectTRDCamry
426 Posts
Installed door edge guards on all 4 doors for 8 bucks (cost of 2 packages of strips, 2 for front and 2 for the back). Dealer wanted around $129 for the same crap. It only took me about 15 mins too. Also got the passenger seat fixed at the dealer.
575 miles and counting surprisingly fast! :lol:

·
#ProjectTRDCamry
426 Posts
Not today, but last friday (the Silver Bullet was built 9 years ago last friday too :cool: ) had body side moldings put on. Kinda pissed too; appt was at 1:00 PM and I didn't get the car back until 3:30ish. It was parked just about in clear sight the whole time I was waiting.....it didn't get moved until about 2:50 or so. :thumbsdow They said they had washed too it but just looking at the rims and running my finger down the side (not near where the molding was put on) I could tell they didn't. I will get pics when I wash it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2012 Camry SE V6

I started off by tinting my windows. The back seat and rear window are 20% and 35% for the front side windows. Then I replaced all of the interior lights with SMD bulbs. After that I put an HID kit in both the headlights and the fog lights. Then I bought the Borla exhaust made for the 2011 and had it custom fit to the 2012 for a nice growl. Lastly I had the same guy custom fit the K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2011 to fit and mount properly on the 2012. The K&N combo + Borla Exhaust makes it sound pretty sweet not to mention the performance gain feels great.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I started off by tinting my windows. The back seat and rear window are 20% and 35% for the front side windows. Then I replaced all of the interior lights with SMD bulbs. After that I put an HID kit in both the headlights and the fog lights. Then I bought the Borla exhaust made for the 2011 and had it custom fit to the 2012 for a nice growl. Lastly I had the same guy custom fit the K&N Cold Air Intake for the 2011 to fit and mount properly on the 2012. The K&N combo + Borla Exhaust makes it sound pretty sweet not to mention the performance gain feels great.
Please post up some pictures of the intake and exhaust! How much modification was necessary for the intake? Do you have an i4 or V6?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Intake

Please post up some pictures of the intake and exhaust! How much modification was necessary for the intake? Do you have an i4 or V6?
I have the V6. Not too much modification was needed. Looking at it, I think all he did was use some metal strapping to put under the heat shield and attached it to something above. The 2011 air box has screw holes in the bottom but the bracket is not there for 2012 so you just have to make something to hold it up. Everything else seems to have fit fine. I am trying to figure out how to upload pictures right now so I should have them up within the hour.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Me slab...lol

Sent from my GT-I9000

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice picture, that looks sick! Did you tint them with film or a spray? and could you tell me if you can see your back lights during the day?
I spray, easy but if you wanna to wipe it out, it cost you a lot of time. However, smoke tail light seems okay in Vancouver, never catch any attention to cops. Last time there was a police car behind me, but no troubles.

I will take a picture for backup light tmr. Here is the tail light at darl.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I spray, easy but if you wanna to wipe it out, it cost you a lot of time. However, smoke tail light seems okay in Vancouver, never catch any attention to cops. Last time there was a police car behind me, but no troubles.
Well done. I intend to do the same but with blackout film. Just in case I have to remove it, will peel off.

The clear is just too bright. Like the semi-murdered look.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well done. I intend to do the same but with blackout film. Just in case I have to remove it, will peel off.

The clear is just too bright. Like the semi-murdered look.

Wow, is that OEM dual exhaust? looks pretty cool

Sent from my GT-I9000

·
#ProjectTRDCamry
426 Posts
Never been under one of these cars, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the underbody between the I4 and V6 is the same which means semi easy dual exhaust addon for us 4-banger owners :naughty:

To stay on topic, I drove it. :lol:

61 - 80 of 7732 Posts
About this Discussion
7.7K Replies
673 Participants
2012CamryLE
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing