Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1182 Posts

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like most other forums, this thread is where you let everyone know what you did to your Gen 8 Camry today!

Feel free to post whatever you did, but please stay on topic.

..and I know it's early, but we're beginning to set it up because the subforum has been created.

:chug:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just like most other forums, this thread is where you let everyone know what you did to your Gen 8 Camry today!

Feel free to post whatever you did, but please stay on topic.

..and I know it's early, but we're beginning to set it up because the subforum has been created.

:chug:
Drove it! Got to test out the lane departure system and cruise control. LOVE the cruise control feature!!!

Also finally got setup with the Entune 3.0 app on my phone. However, trying to find destination by voice was terrible. :(

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drove it! Got to test out the lane departure system and cruise control. LOVE the cruise control feature!!!

Also finally got setup with the Entune 3.0 app on my phone. However, trying to find destination by voice was terrible. :(

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Sweet! Sucks about the dest. by voice, but what can you do.

·
TN の がしょう
7,388 Posts
I did a walk around with a loaded XSE V6 and it really makes me question myself if I should sell my current XSE V6 and upgrade to the new one.

The HUD, all LED lights and taillights, and panoramic sunroof is really appealing to me. Then reality hits and I rather be stuck with payments for another 2.5 years instead of renewing it again for another 5 years.

·
straight cash homie
18,701 Posts
I did a walk around with a loaded XSE V6 and it really makes me question myself if I should sell my current XSE V6 and upgrade to the new one.

The HUD, all LED lights and taillights, and panoramic sunroof is really appealing to me. Then reality hits and I rather be stuck with payments for another 2.5 years instead of renewing it again for another 5 years.
If you knew the 8th Gen would be this appealing, would you have waited?

·
Is Here To Look
28 Posts
Collision Avoidance!

While using Adaptive Cruise Control there was a abrupt halt in freeway traffic and the collision avoidance kicked in, the car was already braking hard on it's own but when this came up I put my foot on the brake pedal... :surprise: :surprise: :surprise:

NOTE: This has been poorly digitally recreated for safety purposes.
Heads up Display ( HUD ) + Collision Avoidance

Attachments

·
Is Here To Look
28 Posts
Great looking car!!
simply beautiful!!
Thanks Guys... :)
On Eco Mode it takes almost 100 miles for the fuel gauge to come off the Full Line. But by 130 Miles you are at an 1/8 of a tank... I am not sure how many miles I am getting per tank because I keep filling up on 1/4 tank or so and I am about 375 Miles into the tank...

Attachments

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wait, you're getting 375 miles on 1/4 tank?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks Guys... :)
On Eco Mode it takes almost 100 miles for the fuel gauge to come off the Full Line. But by 130 Miles you are at an 1/8 of a tank... I am not sure how many miles I am getting per tank because I keep filling up on 1/4 tank or so and I am about 375 Miles into the tank...

Here's an article about fuel gauges and how they are calibrated by the manufacturers based on what consumers want to see from them.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.autoblog.com/amp/2010/12/14/gas-gauge/

·
Registered
339 Posts
Would you guy's consider adding an OEM v6 badge to the 2018 Camry's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure what that would look like. There hasn't been an oem V6 badge for years. I still think that the best oem logo for an engine is Ford's V8 which you can see on older Explorers. As I've said, the I4 and V6 XSE look exactly the same, so there should be some differentiation.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/M9IAAOSw~oFXMUGA/s-l300.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm not sure what that would look like. There hasn't been an oem V6 badge for years. I still think that the best oem logo for an engine is Ford's V8 which you can see on older Explorers. As I've said, the I4 and V6 XSE look exactly the same, so there should be some differentiation.

There's some on EBay that looks decent. Check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I started to de-badge my XSE this morning, only to quickly find out that the "CAMRY" letters has little pins that insert into the body, making it impossible to de-badge without leading a ton of little holes. Maybe once a body shop can perfectly match the Ruby Flair Pearl, I'll take it in and have them fill the holes.

1 - 20 of 1182 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
213 Participants
Gabe.md
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing