Toyota Nation Forum banner

181 - 200 of 1181 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just drove the car today, but I bought it Wednesday, and had the windows tinted Thursday morning. I catch myself looking back at the car after I park it more than I feel like I should.

20% all around with 50% on the front windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks amazing.
20% is really dark.
Also my understanding is many states (actually most, I guess) do not allow windshield tinting. 50% is actually very far. I wonder which state you live in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks amazing.

20% is really dark.

Also my understanding is many states (actually most, I guess) do not allow windshield tinting. 50% is actually very far. I wonder which state you live in.

I’ve always had 20% on all of my cars, so I guess I’m use to it by now. The windshield tint is illegal where I live. I’ve had co workers that think it’s really dark so I’ve had them ride in the car at night and you honestly can barely tell it’s even tinted. This is my second vehicle I’ve had the entire windshield tinted and I do it for 2 reasons. The first being that I’m very prone to migraines that are triggered by light sensitivity. I can get a migraine as easily as walking outside and coming back inside shortly after. So the windshield tint helps. The second reason being that it looks better, imo, especially with the black roof. If I get ticketed for it I’ll just have it taken off. No big deal. But trust me, 20%/50% looks a lot darker than it really is especially with the interior being black.

Now some of my co workers have 5% all around including the front windshield, that makes me nervous.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I’ve always had 20% on all of my cars, so I guess I’m use to it by now. The windshield tint is illegal where I live. I’ve had co workers that think it’s really dark so I’ve had them ride in the car at night and you honestly can barely tell it’s even tinted. This is my second vehicle I’ve had the entire windshield tinted and I do it for 2 reasons. The first being that I’m very prone to migraines that are triggered by light sensitivity. I can get a migraine as easily as walking outside and coming back inside shortly after. So the windshield tint helps. The second reason being that it looks better, imo, especially with the black roof. If I get ticketed for it I’ll just have it taken off. No big deal. But trust me, 20%/50% looks a lot darker than it really is especially with the interior being black.

Now some of my co workers have 5% all around including the front windshield, that makes me nervous.

Makes sense. I agree window tint def makes some cars (ahem, 2018 Camry) look stunning, like yours.
5% all around? That's insanity.
Just be careful. A lot of highway patrols are very anal about window tint. It's actually a way for them to generate revenue for the department. Easier than catching speeders.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Makes sense. I agree window tint def makes some cars (ahem, 2018 Camry) look stunning, like yours.

5% all around? That's insanity.

Just be careful. A lot of highway patrols are very anal about window tint. It's actually a way for them to generate revenue for the department. Easier than catching speeders.

Lol. Thanks. Luckily I only have a 4 mile trip to and from work.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ok, so I haven't really posted anything since I bought my new 2018 on November 5th but I did a few minor things...

6. Just now....swapped out the vanity lights to LEDs as I didn't even think about it until I looked through this thread (my 12' didn't have them)

COMING SOON: Black badges? (Always black them out but this is my first brand new car and waiting a little longer... and I can't decide between real paint and PlastiDip)
Thanks for the idea.... courtesy lights later this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here's the video,
The mods I have done so far are:
-Toyota Emblem Projector Lights
-OPT7 Footwell LED lights (low brightness for ambient lighting)
-Front Parking lights swapped them to Switchback LED's
-Reverse parking lights to LED's
-Rear marker lights to RED LED's
-Rear Turnsignal LED's
-Radar Detector Hardwire Install

**Turnsignals**
-Added a load resistor to each bulb (VLR6)
*Rear*
Tapped into the Black(Ground) wire and Green(Power/Turn Signal) , both the rear turn signals have the same color wire.
*Front Left (Driver)*
There are 2 striped black and white wires and one striped white/green. I tapped into one striped black/white(Ground) wire and the striped white/green(Turn Signal Wire)
*Front Right (Passenger)*
There is a striped black/white wire, striped white/green, and solid green wire. I tapped into the striped black/white wire (Ground) and solid green wire (Turn Signal Wire).

The Video shows some of the mods. Let me know if you guys want more videos of certain things.
2018 Toyota Camry SE w/ conv. package.

·
Registered
663 Posts
New wheels today!
Bremmer Kraft Br14
19x8.5 with a 45 offset.
Wrapped in 245/40 Sumitomo Htrz3 tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Did my grill this weekend. A combination of plasti dip for the first few coats then finished with Rust-Oleum® Peel Coat®

Also had my wheels powder coated.

Next I am going to lower it about an inch and push the wheels out a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
After just joining and reading all the posts, I thought that I would look at my outside lights. All of them are LED, the ones that are not appear to be the trunk, vanity, and the lower door lights. Also the interior has a nice blue lighting in the drivers foot well and a strip on the dash passenger side. Is this normal?

·
Registered
182 Posts
After just joining and reading all the posts, I thought that I would look at my outside lights. All of them are LED, the ones that are not appear to be the trunk, vanity, and the lower door lights. Also the interior has a nice blue lighting in the drivers foot well and a strip on the dash passenger side. Is this normal?
I can't say if it is "normal" or not, but is is typical of OEM's to cut costs where possible. I've yet to see an LED Vanity Light/Trunk light from the factory.

But they're easy to replace. Here's a link to my post about changing these out: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/802-camry-8th-generation-2018/1535466-xse-trunk-bulb.html#post13018906

181 - 200 of 1181 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
212 Participants
lockerz295
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing