Toyota Nation Forum banner

What did you do to your Gen 8 Camry today?

700629 Views 2315 Replies 423 Participants Last post by  9ball
Just like most other forums, this thread is where you let everyone know what you did to your Gen 8 Camry today!

Feel free to post whatever you did, but please stay on topic.

..and I know it's early, but we're beginning to set it up because the subforum has been created.

:chug:
2201 - 2220 of 2316 Posts

· Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
404 Posts
Techstream cable arrived... played with a few settings (ie disabled the seatbelt buzzers in the front) cleared some old error codes and will watch to see if any come back.

And tucked the car in the garage to hide from Fiona. Looks like we are going to get hit overnight Friday.

· unofficial TN member
2020 camry xse 2gr-fks
989 Posts
Windshield later on.
I had XR plus 70 put on the front a few months ago. Keep an eye out on the upper dot matrix area near the visors, mine started separating from the shop driving home. This was my 5th vehicle and 2nd windshield done by the same shop so I know their level of work. But they should have blue taped the entire top edge up along the dot matrix this time.

· Registered
881 Posts
Sold it to a local Lincoln dealer This morning. Bought it new in Jan this year. Paid MSRP. OTD I was in it for $40300. Put 5700 miles on it and the Lincoln dealer still paid me $40500. If I could buy and sell one this way all the time I would have a new one every year.😅. Wife has a new RX450h coming in sometime over the next couple of weeks so I will share with her and then take her 19 RX350 as a hand me down for a few months while I wait for my new MY23 Mustang GT to be built and delivered. I had a 19 Mustang GT and sold it for a good profit and have missed it ever since. Found a Ford dealer that would order me a new one for 2.5% back of invoice so I jumped. It was fine while it lasted.

Reactions: O_loung1

· Registered
95 Posts
Have not done much to my 2022 SE since I bought her last November. She currently has 1743 miles and driven one to two times a week. I did install the XSE dual exhaust several months ago but wanted something more. Searched the internet for a muffler replacement that would be OEM replacement with a little more aggressive sound that will not break the bank and if it sounds like shit I can always put the stock ones back on. I like the MagnaFlow exhaust but sounds a little too loud and too expensive. What I found was Top Speed Pro 1 Performance Mufflers.
Top Speed Pro1 Toyota Camry 2.5L 3.5L 18-21 Axle-Back Exhaust (topspeedauto.com)
I called and confirmed that it will fit my 2022 SE, so what the hell I pre-ordered them. Does anyone have these mufflers or any run in with this vender? I checked them out on YouTube and they sounded good and not too loud or obnoxious.
Top Speed Pro1 Toyota Camry 2.5L 3.5L Axle-Back Exhaust - YouTube
Let me know what you think?
Been awhile just wanted to report in on the Axle-Back Exhaust. Nothing, I canceled the order back in August sometime and no longer interested in making my car sound annoying.

· Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
404 Posts
Bought the MotivX oil filter housing removal tool in advance of my first oil change since I bought the Camry...

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Rim Wheel

Gadget Audio equipment Gas Electronic device Circle

Did the oil change...

Automotive tire Toy Food Gas Electric blue

Shipping box Flooring Luggage and bags Gas Bag

When I got underneath to remove the splash shield to access the filter housing... uhhh... something's missing. Buy used, get used.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Also bought a Kirkland battery at Costco... the one in the car is dated 2017, and I work from home so the car sits a lot... also ordered a spare battery tender lead so I can more easily charge the car once a week if its not being driven.

Car is just rolling over 140,000km, next up is the spark plugs (Denso from Rock Auto).

· Registered
1,610 Posts
Bought the MotivX oil filter housing removal tool in advance of my first oil change since I bought the Camry...

View attachment 401149
View attachment 401148

Did the oil change...

View attachment 401151
View attachment 401150

When I got underneath to remove the splash shield to access the filter housing... uhhh... something's missing. Buy used, get used.

View attachment 401152

Also bought a Kirkland battery at Costco... the one in the car is dated 2017, and I work from home so the car sits a lot... also ordered a spare battery tender lead so I can more easily charge the car once a week if its not being driven.

Car is just rolling over 140,000km, next up is the spark plugs (Denso from Rock Auto).
On the RX there is no cover either.

· Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
404 Posts
Changed spark plugs. 2018 XSE V6. Car is at 139,861km, I bought it used around 130k this year. I follow the Car Care Nut's video on 2GR-FKS spark plug change.. bought a replacement OEM intake gasket and throttle body gasket as per his recommendation... plugs are same as OEM (from Rock Auto) Denso.

Shipping box Material property Plastic bag Packing materials Carton

Intake port 'unveiled'... a few drops of oil

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Car

New intake gasket...

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Statue Sculpture

Cleaned the throttle body, new gasket... watched the Car Care Nut's video on throttle body cleaning first to make sure I was working with knowledge not assumptions...

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

Spark plugs removed... bottom right is rear right from standing in front of engine. Bottom left is front right from standing in front of engine. Still had some life but fair game for change at 140k km.

Wood Composite material Metal Chemical compound Concrete

All buttoned back up before the engine cover goes on. I took the opportunity to clean some of the dust, dirt, and grime off the visible parts of the upper engine. Car started up like normal, guess that means I hooked everything back up!

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Also changed the battery, H6 from Costco (Kirkland). Best price/warranty I could find. Original was dated 08/2017 and at 5 years, with almost 140k km on the car, and relatively unknown maintenance history... I "invested".

Gas Composite material Asphalt Font Road surface

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Attachments

· Registered
2021 Toyota Camry SE
125 Posts
Changed spark plugs. 2018 XSE V6. Car is at 139,861km, I bought it used around 130k this year. I follow the Car Care Nut's video on 2GR-FKS spark plug change.. bought a replacement OEM intake gasket and throttle body gasket as per his recommendation... plugs are same as OEM (from Rock Auto) Denso.

View attachment 401207

View attachment 401211

New intake gasket...

View attachment 401212

View attachment 401213

Cleaned the throttle body, new gasket... watched the Car Care Nut's video on throttle body cleaning first to make sure I was working with knowledge not assumptions...

View attachment 401214

Spark plugs removed... bottom right is rear right from standing in front of engine. Bottom left is front right from standing in front of engine. Still had some life but fair game for change at 140k km.

View attachment 401215

All buttoned back up before the engine cover goes on. I took the opportunity to clean some of the dust, dirt, and grime off the visible parts of the upper engine. Car started up like normal, guess that means I hooked everything back up!

View attachment 401216

Also changed the battery, H6 from Costco (Kirkland). Best price/warranty I could find. Original was dated 08/2017 and at 5 years, with almost 140k k

View attachment 401207

View attachment 401211

New intake gasket...

View attachment 401212

View attachment 401213

View attachment 401214

View attachment 401215

View attachment 401216

Also changed the battery, H6 from Costco (Kirkland). Best price/warranty I could find. Original was dated 08/2017 and at 5 years, with almost 140k km on the car, and relatively unknown maintenance history... I "invested".

View attachment 401208

View attachment 401210
I really enjoyed your post. Thanks for the pics.

· Registered
95 Posts
Bought a set of 2022 Camry Nightshade edition blacked out 18-inch wheels from Offer-up. They are in perfect condition and the tires only have 3000 miles on them. Going to swap them out with my 2022 SE rims only then sell the SE rims and the tires that came with the Nightshade rims. SE rims are in perfect condition and the tires only have 3000 miles on them, how much do you think they are worth?

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

2201 - 2220 of 2316 Posts