Toyota Nation Forum banner

What did you do to your Gen 8 Camry today?

700903 Views 2316 Replies 423 Participants Last post by  leejr10
Just like most other forums, this thread is where you let everyone know what you did to your Gen 8 Camry today!

Feel free to post whatever you did, but please stay on topic.

..and I know it's early, but we're beginning to set it up because the subforum has been created.

:chug:
2221 - 2240 of 2317 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Bought a set of 2022 Camry Nightshade edition blacked out 18-inch wheels from Offer-up. They are in perfect condition and the tires only have 3000 miles on them. Going to swap them out with my 2022 SE rims only then sell the SE rims and the tires that came with the Nightshade rims. SE rims are in perfect condition and the tires only have 3000 miles on them, how much do you think they are worth?

View attachment 401244
Would be interested in your 2022 SE rims and tires when you’re ready sell them.

I suppose you can look around on eBay to figure out a price. Plenty of them for sale there. They all have some cosmetic flaws though, so I’ve held off from buying. But if your rims are in perfect condition then I’m very interested.

· Registered
95 Posts
Would be interested in your 2022 SE rims and tires when you’re ready sell them.

I suppose you can look around on eBay to figure out a price. Plenty of them for sale there. They all have some cosmetic flaws though, so I’ve held off from buying. But if your rims are in perfect condition then I’m very interested.
They are in perfect condition with 3272 miles on them and will be up for sale at the end of the month. I live in AZ and will not ship only pick-up. Checked out eBay prices and they are worth a good chunk of change for the rims. Maybe wrong, but I think $750 for rims and tires might be a good price.

· Registered
2020 Camry LE
89 Posts
They are in perfect condition with 3272 miles on them and will be up for sale at the end of the month. I live in AZ and will not ship only pick-up. Checked out eBay prices and they are worth a good chunk of change for the rims. Maybe wrong, but I think $750 for rims and tires might be a good price.
750$ is definitely a good price for them. Unfortunately, I'm in Florida :( I'd gladly pay for shipping if it's something you'd consider. Or, if not, might make trip there even. Have always wanted to see more of AZ.
If I do get them, my 2020 17'' LE wheels and tires with 12,000 miles on them will be up for sale cheap as well then, in case anyone here wants a softer ride or is looking for cheap winter rims.

· Registered
95 Posts
750$ is definitely a good price for them. Unfortunately, I'm in Florida :( I'd gladly pay for shipping if it's something you'd consider. Or, if not, might make trip there even. Have always wanted to see more of AZ.
If I do get them, my 2020 17'' LE wheels and tires with 12,000 miles on them will be up for sale cheap as well then, in case anyone here wants a softer ride or is looking for cheap winter rims.
That would be a long drive, but I will let you know. Have an appointment at Discount Tire on the 28 of this month to do the wheel and tire switch. In the meantime, I have been cleaning and waxing the Nightshade rims. Completed 2 of them so far but had to stop my back is giving me trouble above the last disc fusion of the S1-L5.

· Registered
51 Posts
That would be a long drive, but I will let you know. Have an appointment at Discount Tire on the 28 of this month to do the wheel and tire switch. In the meantime, I have been cleaning and waxing the Nightshade rims. Completed 2 of them so far but had to stop my back is giving me trouble above the last disc fusion of the S1-L5.
Where are you in AZ, what city? I may fly in and get a rental back.

· Registered
3 Posts
Installed the ambient lighting on both the upper passenger side glove box area and the front center storage box area.
For some reason in the picture it looks more blue than the real color which is ice blue matching the passenger side.
The center console light is awesome! Which light did you get, and how did you install it, for the center console area? I see the trim piece in there but I’m assuming you tied it into something.

· Registered
95 Posts
Where are you in AZ, what city? I may fly in and get a rental back.
Goodyear. Remember I don't get the tire and rim switch until the 28 of this month. I will send pictures to you, Radenora and anyone else interested. I don't want to break the forum rules of selling things under the wrong topic. Anyone interested send me a message and I will get back with you in the following day.

· Official TN Member from Ontario, Canada
222 Posts
Installed the ambient lighting on both the upper passenger side glove box area and the front center storage box area.
For some reason in the picture it looks more blue than the real color which is ice blue matching the passenger side.
Thank you for your post. That is something I am very interested in doing. Did you do it yourself? If so, how easy was it? What lighting strip did you use?

· Registered
95 Posts
Bought a set of 2022 Camry Nightshade edition blacked out 18-inch wheels from Offer-up. They are in perfect condition and the tires only have 3000 miles on them. Going to swap them out with my 2022 SE rims only then sell the SE rims and the tires that came with the Nightshade rims. SE rims are in perfect condition and the tires only have 3000 miles on them, how much do you think they are worth?

View attachment 401244
Today was the day to finally have the Nightshade wheels installed. I could not be happier with the new wheels and the blacked-out rear letters. I have a delivery on Monday of the new MagaFlow exhaust.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

· Registered
2023 Camry Hybrid SE
5 Posts
Techstream cable arrived... played with a few settings (ie disabled the seatbelt buzzers in the front) cleared some old error codes and will watch to see if any come back.

And tucked the car in the garage to hide from Fiona. Looks like we are going to get hit overnight Friday.
How did you manage to disable the seatbelt buzzer? Just got my 23 Hybrid SE, and can’t figure it out.

· Registered
32 Posts
Today I waxed the car same as I did my 55 chevy way back wen with Amway siliconized glaze. It was a wax that was not so easy to apply and much harder to rub off but omg wot a shine!
I waxed it last year when it was just a few months old and thought id try the new ceramic stuff so I spent wayyyyy to much on a bottle and was very dissapoimted with all the water spots it left behind on the mica gray paint Which showed up a year later while applying the Amway stuff only you boomers will remember. Very similar to a paste wax that also delivered satisfactory results and will remove stains and weird stuff unlike the ceramic stuff of today.

· Registered
827 Posts
I spent wayyyyy to much on a bottle and was very dissapoimted with all the water spots it left behind on the mica gray paint Which showed up a year later while applying the Amway stuff only you boomers will remember
Wax didn't leave water spots on your vehicle, especially a year later 🤣. You parked somewhere and got hard water on the paint and didn't clean it off right away sometimes in that year. That coat of wax was entirely gone from the paint about three month max after you applied it. Proper maintenance with a good silicone product provides superior protection and results in a fraction of the time. I haven't even felt the need to clay bar and correct the paint the product I'm using fill in swirl marks so well and leaves a beautiful silky coat on it. All in a spray and wipe which my father started using as well now.

2221 - 2240 of 2317 Posts