Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1208 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Today was a strictly vanity mod. I used high-temp black paint to coat the inside of the "quad" exhaust tips. As you may know, the outer tips on the dual and quad tip exhaust is faux... aka FAKE. So the inner tips are starting to blacken with use and outer tips are still nice and shiny inside. So I used a matte paint to make the outer appear to be real.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you don't mind, can you explain how this vinyl wrap works (process, time, cost)? I'm curious but unaware of the wrap technology...
Its a high quality 3M Vinyl. Obviously not as good as paint but pretty good. They can wrap just about anything. I have seen Bentleys in Vegas 100% wrapped. Different colors.. finishes.
The cost various on the square footage. And type.. finish. Some change color. Lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nothing exciting here but thought I would share. I purchased a center console tray when I got my 2014 Rav4. I just turned in the Rav4 in for my 2018 Camry XSE (which I love so far!) and checked to see if the center console tray would fit. Surprisingly it did and pretty well too. Figured I'd share if anyone had one too or was looking for an option to organize there center console better since I don't think there is one out for the 18 Camry.

Awesome. I just bought one from China for 9$. lol It will be here in about a month, hopefully sooner.

Finished my calipers, wheels, and badges today. I might pay next time.. it took forever and my back is killing me.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Awesome. I just bought one from China for 9$. lol It will be here in about a month, hopefully sooner.

Finished my calipers, wheels, and badges today. I might pay next time.. it took forever and my back is killing me.
I was thinking about getting the caliper's painted red. Nice work!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
jaysi09 - how's the MPG averaging in the SE Hybrid?

That very nice tint has got to help MPG! :smile:

I just filled her up for the first time yesterday.
So far I got 41 mpg (manual computation - miles driven divided by gal pumped)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Debadged the 'Camry' and 'SE', and used some extra faux carbon fiber vinyl I had. Not even 24 hours of ownership :O

Next will probably be the Toyota emblem in vinyl. Preferably gloss black.

Wish I had the quad tip, would look amazing!

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
Tinting and minor badge removal.

Had mine about a month now. I had the windows tinted. 5% Ceramic tint all around. I know its dark but living in Florida the more sun I can keep out the better. I also removed the SE badge. I always take some badge off to keep as a memento of all my cars. I can say the Camry letter are held in with tabs. I broke the "C" when trying to remove it. Luckily I was able to glue it back on and you cant tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
Debadged the 'Camry' and 'SE', and used some extra faux carbon fiber vinyl I had. Not even 24 hours of ownership :O

Next will probably be the Toyota emblem in vinyl. Preferably gloss black.

Wish I had the quad tip, would look amazing!
Great idea with the Vinyl. I broke one letter to find out there were tabs holding them. I may have to try doing that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The vinyl definitely helps hide the holes, with the faux carbon fiber you can't even notice the holes behind it because of the pattern. Will grab a pic in a bit. Gloss black would have been preferable but had the carbon fiber on hand :p

When you guys were removing, did you use a heat gun and fishing line? I didn't manage to break any of the pins, more than likely because the heat gun made the glue very soft.

61 - 80 of 1208 Posts