Toyota Nation Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1214 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow those look great. How do you like them? I want to get these instead but not sure if I want clear lens with black background or red lens. My car is dark gray mica color. You mentioned the rear bumper does not need to be removed to remove/install a taillight?
Probably one of my favorite visually appealing "mods" on the car to be honest, I love them.

Correct, on the SE anyway not sure on the XSE. So if you watch the install video on hirevsports the bottom black piece that he removed it's plastic and it actually just clips to the light so you can wiggle it and pull the light out without having to remove the bumper and that lower black piece. It can stay bolted to the car and no need to remove the bumper. In fact, you need to unclip them from the existing light to clip onto the new lights anyway so really might just be easier to leave it on the car. Kind of hard to explain without showing or seeing it.

Here's a video of another guy removing the tail light without removing the bumper:

Here's hirevsports video that shows how to remove the bumper and you can see that lower black plastic piece they take completely off which is unnecessary on the SE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nothing too intense, but I put in some Noico sound deadening mats (from Amazon) on the front doors. When I took the door panels off, it looks like Toyota put two small patches on the door but it's not enough. The doors sounded very hollow and made a clunking sound while closing them. Doors sound more solid when closing - will report back with road noise improvement if there is any.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
gave her a bath and knocked the dust off her interior yesterday. today is a big day, we're getting xse tail lights installed, having factory dual exhaust installed with smoked tips, and new rubber mounted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had Apple Carplay update on Tue. and then had to get the head unit reset again today because it was showing the ICS & injector service campaigns needing to be done and maintenance due (Master warning light) even though all updates had been done prior to purchase last week. Dealer said they had not had an issue with service/maintenance updates not clearing before. They did wash the car which was a plus.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Installed these lights today. Dashboard atmosphere light and door trim atmosphere lighting. They're really not as bright as they seem in the pictures, that's just a cell phone camera for ya.

Here's an album with a few more pictures of it.
I only got the front doors done before it started raining then got too dark to finish.
How did you get the door lights to power on? Does that component you got off of Ebay have a connector you connect to something in the door? Interested in doing this but curious how you managed to pull it off first.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Probably one of my favorite visually appealing "mods" on the car to be honest, I love them.

Correct, on the SE anyway not sure on the XSE. So if you watch the install video on hirevsports the bottom black piece that he removed it's plastic and it actually just clips to the light so you can wiggle it and pull the light out without having to remove the bumper and that lower black piece. It can stay bolted to the car and no need to remove the bumper. In fact, you need to unclip them from the existing light to clip onto the new lights anyway so really might just be easier to leave it on the car. Kind of hard to explain without showing or seeing it.

Here's a video of another guy removing the tail light without removing the bumper:

Here's hirevsports video that shows how to remove the bumper and you can see that lower black plastic piece they take completely off which is unnecessary on the SE.

Thanks for the videos. I was actually able to remove the tail light and yes, you don't need to remove the rear bumper. I did broke the tabs of the black plastic piece at the bumper because I tried to pull up instead tapping the taillight towards the rear. No biggie as the two 10mm bolts hold the tail light secure. I did learn how to remove them properly as the other side was a breeze. I upgraded my rear turn signals to LED bulbs for now until I upgrade the tail lights. Once upgrade the rear bumper reflectors to the actual lighted ones I will replace the broke plastic piece.

Also, you mentioned you ordered the smoked tail lights. They do look pretty dark, or Did you ordered the black ones? I think if they are too dark will not look good on my car so the black ones are definitely out, Is either smoke, red or maybe clear. Could you be so kind to post a picture with the tail lights off. The car looks amazing with the black rims. The black door handles, painted covers or vinyl wrap?
:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the videos. I was actually able to remove the tail light and yes, you don't need to remove the rear bumper. I did broke the tabs of the black plastic piece at the bumper because I tried to pull up instead tapping the taillight towards the rear. No biggie as the two 10mm bolts hold the tail light secure. I did learn how to remove them properly as the other side was a breeze. I upgraded my rear turn signals to LED bulbs for now until I upgrade the tail lights. Once upgrade the rear bumper reflectors to the actual lighted ones I will replace the broke plastic piece.

Also, you mentioned you ordered the smoked tail lights. They do look pretty dark, or Did you ordered the black ones? I think if they are too dark will not look good on my car so the black ones are definitely out, Is either smoke, red or maybe clear. Could you be so kind to post a picture with the tail lights off. The car looks amazing with the black rims. The black door handles, painted covers or vinyl wrap?
:)
They are black, pretty dang dark until the LEDs come on. The door handles are covers but I may go get them wrapped instead

·
Registered
138 Posts
They are black, pretty dang dark until the LEDs come on. The door handles are covers but I may go get them wrapped instead View attachment 281541
Thanks for the picture. I think the red ones or smoke will be better for my taste. Yours are pitch black. You don't like the door handle covers? I am going to remove the CAMRY and SE letter and paint them black. I think I will leave the Toyota logo chrome since the front one is chrome.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Finished sound deadening both rear doors and got rid of the B pillar rattling. Honestly don't hear anymore rattling from the subwoofer now.

Also ran a battery cable, pretty sure it's 4 gauge, I got from a F150 under the dash for my own little fuse box to power any future things/stuff. Used a metal clip and a screw to mount the fuse holder to the battery tray. Getting that cable through the grommet was, um, *** difficult. I wanted it on the driver side otherwise passenger side would have been easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Finished sound deadening both rear doors and got rid of the B pillar rattling. Honestly don't hear anymore rattling from the subwoofer now.

Also ran a battery cable, pretty sure it's 4 gauge, I got from a F150 under the dash for my own little fuse box to power any future things/stuff. Used a metal clip and a screw to mount the fuse holder to the battery tray. Getting that cable through the grommet was, um, *** difficult. I wanted it on the driver side otherwise passenger side would have been easy.

I need to sound deaden my doors so badly... I hate the hollow sound when you close them sometimes if nothing else.

1121 - 1140 of 1214 Posts