Toyota Nation Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1181 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if the intermediate pipe on the XSE model fits the SE model? I’m looking to install a quad tip exhaust and the only reasonable Y-pipe is the 17420F0010 that Toyota sells.

·
Registered
14 Posts
New tires, Old ones stock bridgestone turanza looks like a good wear pattern 45350. Miles, new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S rated for 30000. I hope to get that but, I have the full warranty on them we shall see IMG_2383.jpg IMG_2382.jpg IMG_2393.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
We still have our old ‘99 CE, it’s needed a few repairs, but, it’s a good vehicle, we also have a 2008 Toyota Sienna CE, which has been great
Sienna: 72,000
Camry: 122,000

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just did the spoiler on my 2019 Camry. That’s the 2020 Camry TRD spoiler. Also switched from one muffler to 2 performance mufflers and added my Sports Mind decals. What do you guys think? View attachment 281992 View attachment 281993 View attachment 281994 View attachment 281995 View attachment 281992 View attachment 281993 View attachment 281994 View attachment 281995
Looks like the TRD spoiler doesn't cover up the holes left by the original spoiler. It's a shame, because it'll detract me from installing it. You did a good job of covering it up, though.

·
REV
24 Posts
hey everyone, have a 2019 XSE, looking to get red calipers for all 4 wheels. Have anyone done this? Did you get it painted or new/different calipers installed? And how much will it cost me roughly?

·
1,473 Posts
hey everyone, have a 2019 XSE, looking to get red calipers for all 4 wheels. Have anyone done this? Did you get it painted or new/different calipers installed? And how much will it cost me roughly?
I'm thinking of painting it with g2 brake caliper paint. Haven't had the chance to do it yet. It's around 60 dollars but you get the entire kit. Caliper Covers are around 200-300 dollars. Spray paint is cheaper, though probably won't last as long.

·
REV
24 Posts
I'm thinking of painting it with g2 brake caliper paint. Haven't had the chance to do it yet. It's around 60 dollars but you get the entire kit. Caliper Covers are around 200-300 dollars. Spray paint is cheaper, though probably won't last as long.
any concerns with heat with the mgp covers?

·
REV
24 Posts
So far no issues for me. I've had for a little less than a year. I paid about 180 for them on eBay
are they as easy to install as everyone claim? I'm a super newbie and never done simple things like take my wheel off. should I just bring this to a mechanic to lift the car and have them install it? lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
are they as easy to install as everyone claim? I'm a super newbie and never done simple things like take my wheel off. should I just bring this to a mechanic to lift the car and have them install it? lol
It's pretty easy. Just look up the install video and you should be good to go.

·
Official TN Member from Ontario, Canada
114 Posts
Got mine painted red and with the Toyota label for just over CAD$120. Really love the look...

·
Premium Member
378 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just installed a set of mud splash guards from eBay. These are about 1/3 the price of the OEM ones. I suspect most of the cheap ones on eBay are all the same, but PM me if you want to know the exact ones I bought.

Install difficulty was pretty much 1 on a scale of 1-5 and took about 30 minutes start-to-finish.

TIP: Install the fronts first. Use a flat-head screwdriver to separate the inner/outer part of the push clip in the fender well, remove it, and then use a 10mm socket and ratchet to remove one hex bolt in the fender well and one underneath. Fit the mudguard on, re-insert the top push clip (carefully, this took a bit of effort), and use two of the new longer phillips screws in place of the original hex bolts. Done.

For the rears, use your flat-head to remove one large push clip underneath. There are no hex bolts to remove in the fender well, but there are two clip-looking things (honestly have no idea what they are) with holes in them, and the hex bolts that you removed from the fronts will thread perfectly into them. Put the push clip through the bottom of the mud guard, pop it back into place (again, carefully) and then use those two hex bolts to secure the mudguard to the fender well. You are threading into plastic here so don't put them too tight.

I had two of the new longer screws left over and there is a spot on the rear mudguard where a screw could be tapped in, but I didn't put one in because I didn't feel like removing the wheel to get to it. I will do it eventually.

Pics here. First pic is with the front installed, second pic is rear-before, third pic is rear-after. And yes I know my car is filthy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just installed a set of mud splash guards from eBay. These are about 1/3 the price of the OEM ones. I suspect most of the cheap ones on eBay are all the same, but PM me if you want to know the exact ones I bought.

Install difficulty was pretty much 1 on a scale of 1-5 and took about 30 minutes start-to-finish.

TIP: Install the fronts first. Use a flat-head screwdriver to separate the inner/outer part of the push clip in the fender well, remove it, and then use a 10mm socket and ratchet to remove one hex bolt in the fender well and one underneath. Fit the mudguard on, re-insert the top push clip (carefully, this took a bit of effort), and use two of the new longer phillips screws in place of the original hex bolts. Done.

For the rears, use your flat-head to remove one large push clip underneath. There are no hex bolts to remove in the fender well, but there are two clip-looking things (honestly have no idea what they are) with holes in them, and the hex bolts that you removed from the fronts will thread perfectly into them. Put the push clip through the bottom of the mud guard, pop it back into place (again, carefully) and then use those two hex bolts to secure the mudguard to the fender well. You are threading into plastic here so don't put them too tight.

I had two of the new longer screws left over and there is a spot on the rear mudguard where a screw could be tapped in, but I didn't put one in because I didn't feel like removing the wheel to get to it. I will do it eventually.

Pics here. First pic is with the front installed, second pic is rear-before, third pic is rear-after. And yes I know my car is filthy.
Hi! Looks very stock. Do you happen to know if the mud flaps that are sold matched with car color are the same as these? Please provide the link of yours. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1161 - 1180 of 1181 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
212 Participants
lockerz295
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing