Toyota Nation Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1251 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Really gave the car its first good cleaning since I bought it. Been too much on and off rain to really wash it. Still needs a couple coats of wax but that wont happen till I get some time off from work over Christmas. Its amazing how this color look so different from different angles. If the light isn't on the car it really looks black.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Camry TRD
1,034 Posts
Really gave the car its first good cleaning since I bought it. Been too much on and off rain to really wash it. Still needs a couple coats of wax but that wont happen till I get some time off from work over Christmas. Its amazing how this color look so different from different angles. If the light isn't on the car it really looks black.

Color looks amazing. Do you have the oem mudguards? Do you have a pic from the Side view? Been wanting to see how they look on the SE.

Sent from my iPhone 8 plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
Color looks amazing. Do you have the oem mudguards? Do you have a pic from the Side view? Been wanting to see how they look on the SE.

Here's a side shot. Lost the lighting so its kind of dark.

Yes they are the OEM flaps. Bought them a few days after I got the car to help with rocks hitting the doors and side skirts

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Camry TRD
1,034 Posts
Here's a side shot. Lost the lighting so its kind of dark.

Yes they are the OEM flaps. Bought them a few days after I got the car to help with rocks hitting the doors and side skirts

Thanks for the pictures. Were they hard to install and did you have to take off your wheels?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. Were they hard to install and did you have to take off your wheels?

They were the most difficult set I have had to install. But still not that difficult. Id say a 4 out of 10 for difficulty. I had to remove the 2 rear wheels. I was able to turn the front wheels one way then the other to get the fronts on without removing the wheels. I did cheat a little bit. The fronts require you to drill a hole thru the bottom of the rocker panel. I did not do that step. I cut off the plastic on the flap that goes under the rocker. The flaps are plenty secure even without that screw underneath.
I have put mud flaps on every car I have owned and never had a set that had you put a screw underneath like that. It still has three screw holding it in to the fender. I have 1500 miles with them on and they haven't fell off yet!:grin:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I like that. Using OEM badges is how I'd do it too. Looks nice.
Thank you! I looked at several versions of the OEM badges. I think this one was from the Tacoma. I was going to put one on each fender but I didn't want to mess up the lines, so I got rid of the dealer sticker and put the badge there...

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
9,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Thank you! I looked at several versions of the OEM badges. I think this one was from the Tacoma. I was going to put one on each fender but I didn't want to mess up the lines, so I got rid of the dealer sticker and put the badge there...
Looks like the ones on Tacoma and HL. I like the placement...very OEM. They should have badged the V6s like you did.

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
9,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Today I changed the position of the buttons to the left of the driver. They felt odd to me, so with a little minor trimming of the keying, I was able to put them in the order I liked.

That’s neat. Have a before pic?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Today I changed the position of the buttons to the left of the driver. They felt odd to me, so with a little minor trimming of the keying, I was able to put them in the order I liked.

Oh I need to know how you did this. I hate the location of the trunk button.

·
Toyota Ninja
169 Posts
Didn't do it today but I cleaned up the red trim and black accents. Front bumper lip wrapped in black with red trip, grill wing in red trim, side pieces in gloss black and red from, also lower rear disffuser with rrd trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
182 Posts
Today I had some more vinyl work to the wheels.... and the rear diffuser. I might do a little something with the front tonight.
Interesting work with the vinyl. Not my cup of tea, though. IMO, it's crossed over into the boy racer look. No disrespect at all, just my $0.02.

Good job innovating and trying to make it your own.

101 - 120 of 1251 Posts