Toyota Nation Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1348 Posts

·
Galactic Camry
2019 Camry SE
14 Posts
LED DRL Light strip with sequential turn signal. Very easy to do and don't have to open the assembly. Right now I just have them laying in position and only the light can been seen. Going to make more permanent since the look good and changes the whole look of them with the switchback bulb's I already had.
20200207_195922.jpg
20200207_200015.jpg
20200207_195831.jpg
20200207_200130.jpg
20200207_200128.jpg
20200207_200130.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Look what happened to mine Thursday. Wrong place wrong time . The guy was on the side of the road sitting when I came around the curve. He looked before I came around then again just as I entered his blind spot ( had a Honda Crossover SUV). He was trying to get up an icy driveway that he was unable to just prior. I started past in the middle of the road then saw the front wheel turn and movement so swung hard to the far side of the road and floored it. I thought I made it too as I figured he was only pulling out .
At most I figured he would bounce back and I’d slide off . Wrong , he’d floored it got a running start , all of 20’. He hooked that structure behind the back door and the rear wheel. Put me right sideways in a100’ slide spin with the rear end in the ditch and the front tires sliding along the shoulder. If it hadn’t hooked the tire the damage would have been minimal. I dragged it home on the busted wheel with the cop following me. Couldn’t hurt that chipped wheel and holed tire any more. At least the other guy got the ticket.
Anyways here’s the pictures, enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Camry XSE; 2019 Corolla hatchback XSE
56 Posts
As far as mods go, that's definitely different. All jokes aside, glad it wasn't worse. Any crash you can walk away from is a good crash. I just hope you don't get the run around from the insurance company.

·
Registered
85 Posts
@driz - So sorry to see the damage to your new car but glad you weren't hurt. Hopefully you'll be working with a good insurance company to get it repaired to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Look what happened to mine Thursday. Wrong place wrong time . The guy was on the side of the road sitting when I came around the curve. He looked before I came around then again just as I entered his blind spot ( had a Honda Crossover SUV). He was trying to get up an icy driveway that he was unable to just prior. I started past in the middle of the road then saw the front wheel turn and movement so swung hard to the far side of the road and floored it. I thought I made it too as I figured he was only pulling out .
At most I figured he would bounce back and I’d slide off . Wrong , he’d floored it got a running start , all of 20’. He hooked that structure behind the back door and the rear wheel. Put me right sideways in a100’ slide spin with the rear end in the ditch and the front tires sliding along the shoulder. If it hadn’t hooked the tire the damage would have been minimal. I dragged it home on the busted wheel with the cop following me. Couldn’t hurt that chipped wheel and holed tire any more. At least the other guy got the ticket.
You floored it because you decided that "winning" was more important than being safe. If you hadn't done that, the accident might've been avoided or at least the impact would've been minimized. I'm sure you didn't mention that part in the police report, otherwise you would've gotten a ticket too.

I'm glad there were no serious injuries.

·
PJRXJ
70 Posts
LED DRL Light strip with sequential turn signal. Very easy to do and don't have to open the assembly. Right now I just have them laying in position and only the light can been seen. Going to make more permanent since the look good and changes the whole look of them with the switchback bulb's I already had. View attachment 292123 View attachment 292127 View attachment 292122 View attachment 292124 View attachment 292126 View attachment 292124
Those look gooooood! Where did you get them and what was the cost?

·
Galactic Camry
2019 Camry SE
14 Posts
Which ones exactly? Cause i'm seeing a whole list of products here.

And did you just place them on the bumper above the assembly? Would love to see some daytime pictures to see exactly how you accomplished that.

And do you have a video as well?
I have tried two different ones. The first one I ended up burning it up playing with a power supply before I got to wire it to the car. FYI just test them with a 9v battery.

[/URL]

This is the one that I replaced it with. Both work the same.

[/URL]

There are many different ones of that style just make sure they are rated IP65 or IP67 (Waterproof).
Yes they are literally just placed on top of the headlights. I will take some pics soon to show how I did it and tucked it in.
20200212_083638.jpg

Not the best video but it is what I have.

New video by Irishmethod

2 new photos by Irishmethod

·
Registered
143 Posts
Video doesn't work for me. Get a 404 code.

Also, interested to know how you wired it? Red via a fuse tap to a 10amp fuse in the engine bay or strait to battery pos terminal? Black to a grounded bolt. Yellow wire to where?
Not sure how he accomplished it, but I found this video yesterday with a guy installing it on his Tundra which I'd assume it'll work either almost, or exactly the same:

And click on the links for the "photos". For some reason the video link doesn't work for me, but the photos one linked to 2 videos.

·
Galactic Camry
2019 Camry SE
14 Posts
Video doesn't work for me. Get a 404 code.

Also, interested to know how you wired it? Red via a fuse tap to a 10amp fuse in the engine bay or strait to battery pos terminal? Black to a grounded bolt. Yellow wire to where?

Sorry my technical issues with posting the videos. Only way I could get the videos on here.
Apparently my phone takes too high res on videos. Need to figure out how to dumb it down....

I wired the red and yellow using wire taps at the blinker bulb terminal wires. If you are looking at the back side of the terminal after taking the bulb out of the light assembly you want to tap off the 2 wires that have brown rubber gromets holding the wire in the housing the other one is blue which I did NOT use. I grounded to the frame, there are 2 spots next to each headlight that is holding up a socket of some sort that has a yellow plastic. I have LED swictback bulbs in the blinkers so it does not draw to much having them all connected all together. Remember to go into the infotainment system to turn off your DRL' s and turn the headlight knob up 1 past AUTO for this effect to work mimicking the XSE/XLE DRL's.

FYI, there is tons of info here too and things that I want to try.... FlyRyde, This dude is awswome!
FlyRyde

1321 - 1340 of 1348 Posts