Toyota Nation Forum banner

1521 - 1538 of 1538 Posts

·
Registered
18 Camry XLE
69 Posts
Just found this forum looking for the red caliper covers part #'s. Ordered and installed them and thought I should share what I have done for others as a bit of repayment for the information. :)

Bought an 2019 XSE , but the wife really liked the XP. The XP's at the dealer and even if we ordered one doesn't have the features of the XSE , so I told her we will get the XSE and I'll do the rest.

Ordered a set of RAIJIN wheels, black mirror covers, rocker appliques and new emblems for the rear to paint black. Put all this on along with painting the lower center front bumper/grille from silver to black, the rear spoiler black and the inserts in the center of the rear bumper.

Bought a universal 63" carbon fiber splitter and mounted it in front. Last thing was the caliper covers as she decided she wanted them. Changed the tailpipes to single rectangle stainless. She doesn't like them but I cut the old ones off and welded these on...so tough luck:)

Last thing is she wants to paint the door handles black.........I'm still thinking that over. Never seen it done on a current Camry. Here is one before and some after pictures.
View attachment 305789
What mirror covers are these?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just found this forum looking for the red caliper covers part #'s. Ordered and installed them and thought I should share what I have done for others as a bit of repayment for the information. :)

Bought an 2019 XSE , but the wife really liked the XP. The XP's at the dealer and even if we ordered one doesn't have the features of the XSE , so I told her we will get the XSE and I'll do the rest.

Ordered a set of RAIJIN wheels, black mirror covers, rocker appliques and new emblems for the rear to paint black. Put all this on along with painting the lower center front bumper/grille from silver to black, the rear spoiler black and the inserts in the center of the rear bumper.

Bought a universal 63" carbon fiber splitter and mounted it in front. Last thing was the caliper covers as she decided she wanted them. Changed the tailpipes to single rectangle stainless. She doesn't like them but I cut the old ones off and welded these on...so tough luck:)

Last thing is she wants to paint the door handles black.........I'm still thinking that over. Never seen it done on a current Camry. Here is one before and some after pictures.
View attachment 305784 View attachment 305786 View attachment 305787 View attachment 305788 View attachment 305789 View attachment 305790 View attachment 305792
I have my mirror caps and door handles gloss black, trying to make it like a nightshade XSE

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Toyota Camry SE
398 Posts
I got tired of waiting for my "bypass" from eBay and did my own digging and I now have album art while in motion (all I really wanted). I did however add a relay and switch to trigger the backup camera while I was doing the wiring/rework anyway. This technically also allows video in motion, however that just seems ridiculous so I don't use that. It does however allow me to change the theme while moving....Backup camera does not have the lines shown just the image itself, so you can't change the "wide angle" of it either unless you go into reverse as normal.

PROOF:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I got tired of waiting for my "bypass" from eBay and did my own digging and I now have album art while in motion (all I really wanted). I did however add a relay and switch to trigger the backup camera while I was doing the wiring/rework anyway. This technically also allows video in motion, however that just seems ridiculous so I don't use that. It does however allow me to change the theme while moving....Backup camera does not have the lines shown just the image itself, so you can't change the "wide angle" of it either unless you go into reverse as normal.

PROOF:

What did you have to do to get the album art to show while driving?

·
Premium Member
2018 Toyota Camry SE
398 Posts
Where exactly is speed sensor wire and how do you ground the parking brake? Is there a how to somewhere? And this doesn't cause any other issues?
I used the wiring pinout from another thread at this link: radio terminals camry.pdf

K3-27 Light Green is the Vehicle Speed Sensor wire (Cut this and tape off)
K2-20 Light Green is the Parking Brake Signal (I spliced into the ground of the radio as I already use it for other uses)
K3-1 Brown (Ground)

I do not have navigation unit so it does not cause any other issues. It would cause issues with navigation if it was there only when in tunnels and such (from what I understand)

NOTE: I do NOT recommend this method for using video or manual keyboard inputs while driving as that is dangerous.

·
Registered
166 Posts

PROOF:

where did you get the camry letters below the screen

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had originally plasti-dipped my badges but the dang Y kept having issues with the corners so I power washed the plasti-dip off:

Then bought and applied the actual black emblem overlay kit from Toyota:

Worth it!
I had originally plasti-dipped my badges but the dang Y kept having issues with the corners so I power washed the plasti-dip off:

Then bought and applied the actual black emblem overlay kit from Toyota:

Worth it!

I literally did the same thing. Dipped the emblems but always had an issue the Y so I peeled it off and put on the overlays. The dip wasn't bad but I like the overlays so much more.

1521 - 1538 of 1538 Posts