Toyota Nation Forum banner

161 - 180 of 1181 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
I did the same thing on mine, but I wasn't happy with the different whites in the vanity and the map lights.

So I did some trial and error and found the right color match:

See my post here for more details:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/802-camry-8th-generation-2018/1535466-xse-trunk-bulb.html#post13018906

I know. You are the one that gave me the inspiration to do mine :laugh:. I am not so much concerned about the temperature (K), but I do see what you're talking about with the color difference. Do you know the K temp of the replacement bulbs you used?

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I picked up an organizer for the center storage. It was driving me mad having stuff just piled in.

This is the one I bought. It is for the XSE only. They have one for the lower trims too.

I also drilled a small hole in the bottom of the box to run my wife’s iPhone cable through so it doesn’t have to be coming out of the top.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074PD11N1

·
Registered
182 Posts
I picked up an organizer for the center storage. It was driving me mad having stuff just piled in.

This is the one I bought. It is for the XSE only. They have one for the lower trims too.

I also drilled a small hole in the bottom of the box to run my wife?s iPhone cable through so it doesn?t have to be coming out of the top.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074PD11N1
One more thing I didn't know I needed. Thanks!

·
Registered
663 Posts
forgot who did it here first but I robbed an idea to remove the Camry letters and replace with vinyl. Im really not a big fan of Carbon fiber but it does a good job of hiding the holes from the letters. I have one spot I need to fix in it still.
Next is the badge. Im going to remove it and paint it either gold or black.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just drove the car today, but I bought it Wednesday, and had the windows tinted Thursday morning. I catch myself looking back at the car after I park it more than I feel like I should.

20% all around with 50% on the front windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Took my XSE V6 in for its 5K service. Wheel rotation and reprogramming the key fob to remotely open windows and sun roof. Check and check....

Interestingly enough, the Service Manager did not know there was a TSB for Entune to update the software v1000 to v1003. I handed him the September print out for his information. Needless to say, the Entune hasn't been updated. Let's see what happens the next go 'round. Hopefully, Toyota will get the fix in for the phone echo...

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Took my XSE V6 in for its 5K service. Wheel rotation and reprogramming the key fob to remotely open windows and sun roof. Check and check....

Interestingly enough, the Service Manager did not know there was a TSB for Entune to update the software v1000 to v1003. I handed him the September print out for his information. Needless to say, the Entune hasn't been updated. Let's see what happens the next go 'round. Hopefully, Toyota will get the fix in for the phone echo...
Pretty typical to have to inform service managers/advisors of TSBs...a bit of a shame...

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Ok, so I haven't really posted anything since I bought my new 2018 on November 5th but I did a few minor things...

1. I cut and glued in these little fabric liners for the center storage and the left hand one where I keep coins that make noise on plastic...

2. I bought a USB hub so I can have both of my little flash drives plugged in, I have "normal" and "christmas" separate right now.

3. Swapped these courtesy lights out of my 12' Camry (direct fit)

4. Had the dealer program the window/sunroof open option

5. Swapped out my LED reverse lights from my 12' as well.

6. Just now....swapped out the vanity lights to LEDs as I didn't even think about it until I looked through this thread (my 12' didn't have them)

COMING SOON: Black badges? (Always black them out but this is my first brand new car and waiting a little longer... and I can't decide between real paint and PlastiDip)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ok, so I haven't really posted anything since I bought my new 2018 on November 5th but I did a few minor things...

3. Swapped these courtesy lights out of my 12' Camry (direct fit)

COMING SOON: Black badges? (Always black them out but this is my first brand new car and waiting a little longer... and I can't decide between real paint and PlastiDip)
Thanks for the idea.. just found these. https://www.ebay.com/i/222712413668?chn=ps&dispctrl=1

·
Registered
48 Posts
Today, I recoded some ECU settings.

- Lowered the volume of the turn signals
You did this personally using some interface software, or you had a dealer do this? I didn't see this in the customization section of the manual for user or dealer. I'd like to reduce the volume. I wonder what else is configurable then that's undocumented.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Today, I hard wired a ThinkWare F800Pro Dashcam, with the additional rear facing camera too. I'll post pics tomorrow when I can get some better lighting.

I’ve been seriously considering a dash cam recently, I’d be interested to hear your opinion on the one you just installed once you get familiar with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 1181 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
212 Participants
lockerz295
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing