Toyota Nation Forum banner
1801 - 1820 of 1853 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Camry LE
68 Posts
I heard the factory speakers are really low quality. Shouldn’t you change those to get better quality sound as well?
Personally the factory speakers don't sound that bad to me. There are those that have said that swapping out just the speakers made a big difference, and others that say that didn't didn't make too much of a difference, as the signal coming out of the HU is heavily processed anyway, so you're not getting much out of your better aftermarket ones unless you add additional equipment to restore those frequencies.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I did 2 things today. The first is to wash and wax it. I don't know why but when it gets dirty it gets really dirty at the trunk area, and a few other spots. The second and more important thing is I used a couple of small clear plastic storage containers to organize the stuff in my console. The storage containers were just the right size to fit in the console. Now if I need a particular item, like say for example headache medication or indigestion medicine I don't have to search through a pile of assorted stuff to find exactly what I need. The storage containers have 3 sections, and I've got the various items separated out by type of item.or size of item. It worked out so well I did the same thing to my pickup truck console. :)

·
Registered
2020 SE
192 Posts
I installed those PITA lower rocker applique today. That takes lot of patience. I lost count on how many times I screwed up :ROFLMAO:

I really did believe they were plastic molded pieces when I ordered them at parts and parts guy was surprised they came in a tiny cube box. Yet, TRDsparks.com charges $20 bucks for shipping????

·
Registered
61 Posts
View attachment 334476

View attachment 334473

View attachment 334475

s-factor double front lip, triple beam lexus style headlights, ss3 3k LED fog bulbs, new HI REV steering wheel, and sequential turn signals in the mirrors (not pictured). will be switching these triple beams for a set from oc_custom_retrofit with smoked corners and RGB app controlled coloration so these headlights will be for sale soon.
Question… do those Lexus style headlights from retrofit come with the plug and play harness for the SE/LE or did you have to purchase that separately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Toyota Camry SE 1 of 178
119 Posts
Question… do those Lexus style headlights from retrofit come with the plug and play harness for the SE/LE or did you have to purchase that separately?

i haven't received my retrofit lights yet but the ones i have now, from HI REV, didn't require a harness for my SE, but anyone with an XSE/XLE will. which is surprising in my opinion.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i haven't received my retrofit lights yet but the ones i have now, from HI REV, didn't require a harness for my SE, but anyone with an XSE/XLE will. which is surprising in my opinion.
Ah thanks! That is interesting, now if only the ones with the amber deflectors would come back in stock.

·
Registered
2018 Toyota Camry SE 1 of 178
119 Posts
Ah thanks! That is interesting, now if only the ones with the amber deflectors would come back in stock.

oh i forgot they do sell them on ebay but i'm not sure about which reflector colors they offer, plus the shipping is astronomical. i'm selling mine once i get my retrofit lights in. i'll probably be asking somewhere between 800-900 for them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
oh i forgot they do sell them on ebay but i'm not sure about which reflector colors they offer, plus the shipping is astronomical. i'm selling mine once i get my retrofit lights in. i'll probably be asking somewhere between 800-900 for them.
If you sell on eBay I’ll snatch them up as soon as the listing is available lol

·
Registered
2019 Camry XSE 2.5L A25A-FKS
1,405 Posts
I have done a few things this last few weeks/months.

I replaced the fog lights with actual Toyota fog lights that have a much better output:

I baked open the headlights and added some LED strips for DRLs. I had these just taped on the outside for a week to see how I like it first before pulling the trigger.

Added a relay to change the voltage so that they DIM at night with the parking lights as they are actually brighter than they look in pictures

Night Shots:

DRL:

Parking Light:

One side note is that the strip ended up just a tad too high when on the inside and causes this tiny dark spot where the light is hitting the strip, HOWEVER, with the fog lights on it completely covers that area when on the road. (See the pattern below)

Does this Toyota Fog Light require better quality harness or can I just use the current harness fog light kit from Ebay? Are you using harness from Ebay or Toyota? Also any modification required to install the fogs on the passenger side that has the washer fluid reservior? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tinted the rear windows. I don't have any pics yet, as the car is dirty.

I've had it 11 days and have put about 1,500 miles in it. I like it so far. At least once I figured out how to turn off the lane centering stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
I took out the stock air inlet piece and washed it and shook it completely dry, because it was dusty inside and I want the best airflow possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Put on Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S+ at the recommendation of Discount Tire guy who has them. Was thinking to go Michelin PS4/S but these are great. Ride is quieter than stock, somewhat softer and 245/40 vs 235/40. Kept stock wheels cause I like them. Considered 15mm spacers but there is not enough cut out on back side to make it work. Happy with stance, next mod will be exhaust. Also, check y’all’s back speakers, mine were not working and Toyota replaced yesterday under warranty. It’s a thing apparently.

·
16' Camry SE & 18' Camry XSE
18 & 20 XSE Camry
800 Posts
View attachment 338538
Put on Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S+ at the recommendation of Discount Tire guy who has them. Was thinking to go Michelin PS4/S but these are great. Ride is quieter than stock, somewhat softer and 245/40 vs 235/40. Kept stock wheels cause I like them. Considered 15mm spacers but there is not enough cut out on back side to make it work. Happy with stance, next mod will be exhaust. Also, check y’all’s back speakers, mine were not working and Toyota replaced yesterday under warranty. It’s a thing apparently.
What was the total you paid if you don't mind sharing?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just updated photos. Nothing crazy, installed rear diffuser, new front lip, side mirror upgrades for more aggressive look, black tint with gold vinyl Japanese toyota emblem, and updated the vinyl piece on my back mirror (lasted since I bought the car in 18’)
C71B9E83-4F5F-417E-B59B-860F2C5859A3.jpeg

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
422 Posts
Installed personalized plates with simple black frames today because they make the plates stand out while looking clean. Was always bummed that the V6 badges went away, so I made my own.

1801 - 1820 of 1853 Posts