Toyota Nation Forum banner
1821 - 1840 of 1853 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Camry LE
5 Posts
Just brought my 2019 Camry in for the fuel pump recall, sitting and waiting in my local Toyota shop now. It's gonna be a long morning.

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Camry LE
5 Posts
"New around here I've added Cuztom tuning front lip,side skirts, spats and diffuser. Magnaflow 19494 and Eibach springs and other minor cosmetics."

FIRE

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just brought my 2019 Camry in for the fuel pump recall, sitting and waiting in my local Toyota shop now. It's gonna be a long morning.
Look at the positive side. At least Toyota is correcting a potential issue before it breaks down on you, unlike a couple of other bands that I've had unfortunate experiences with.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I haven't done it yet and I thought it was interesting what the obd2 car scanner showed. Motivating me to get it done as soon as I can.
6347782E-744A-43C5-A303-47DAAF3985B4.png

·
Registered
250 Posts
I trimmed about an inch off give or take. I chose the RS-R over the Eibach because it claimed a slightly smaller drop in the rear and I’ve seen some cars lowered on Eibach that look squatty in the back. There were way more reviews and user experiences with the Eibach springs but I took a small risk and so far I’m glad I did. I’ll post a few more pictures soon but here is one from the other side. View attachment 296474
I'm considering the RS-R for the same reason. Are you able to align the car properly after the drop? Do you have any squeaks?

·
Registered
250 Posts
What I did today: Removed my stock spoiler on my SE to install one I got off eBay. Only to find out the holes didn't align. I did not want to tape it so I put my stock spoiler back on. Big waste of time.

Don't buy this unless you're OK with taping on your spoiler or I guess drilling new holes: FOR 2018-2021 TOYOTA CAMRY PAINTED GLOSSY WHITE V STYLE TRUNK LID SPOILER WING | eBay

Also I think it may be a knock off of the actual spoiler shown on the images.

Not too pleased.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
422 Posts
What I did today: Removed my stock spoiler on my SE to install one I got off eBay. Only to find out the holes didn't align. I did not want to tape it so I put my stock spoiler back on. Big waste of time.

Don't buy this unless you're OK with taping on your spoiler or I guess drilling new holes: FOR 2018-2021 TOYOTA CAMRY PAINTED GLOSSY WHITE V STYLE TRUNK LID SPOILER WING | eBay

Not too pleased.
It says it covers the holes, not use the factory holes. But apparently you can bolt it on for a more secure installation than double-sided tape.

How is the factory spoiler held on anyway?

·
Registered
250 Posts
It says it covers the holes, not use the factory holes. But apparently you can bolt it on for a more secure installation than double-sided tape.

How is the factory spoiler held on anyway?
if you click on the description, it says on the bottom "However, It Comes With Pre-Drilled Holes, Which Gives Option to Use Bolts and Screws For More Secure Installation."
it's true it does have predrilled holes, but they're not in the right spot. why they did that I have no idea. maybe it was for the Japanese built camry?

factory spoiler is held on with two 10mm bolts and a plastic strip in the center which is held on by 6 or so plastic rivets. The spoiler then snaps into that plastic piece. Not to mention the adhesive which gives it a tight bond all around.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
422 Posts
Yeah I did open the link and saw that. Nowhere in the ad did it say that their pre-drilled holes lined up with the factory holes. I interpreted it as saying their spoiler covered the factory holes and also provided you with pre-drilled holes so you could drill new holes in your trunk lid to accommodate their spoiler. Bad design, I know…

·
Registered
10 Posts

Not too pleased.
I don't know why nobody has made one to stick on over top the factory spoiler! Seems easy to me.

·
Registered
2018 Toyota Camry SE 1 of 178
119 Posts

retrofit lights with rgb (having a hard time finding a shop that will install them, liability issues i suppose)

HRS caliper covers in black with drilled/slotted rotors and new pads. the rotors will probably lose their black color after one stop but the holes and slots will stay black. i don't see the point in spending a few months rent on a big brake kit for a car with less than 200hp at the wheels. holding off on the install until i get wheels and suspension.

·
Registered
2018 Toyota Camry SE 1 of 178
119 Posts
Question… do those Lexus style headlights from retrofit come with the plug and play harness for the SE/LE or did you have to purchase that separately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the retrofit lights do not require a harness if you have an SE/LE. however if you get rgb you have a rat's nest of wires to deal with so it's smart to have them installed by a professional. you have two LED modules that require power from battery via positive and negative leads. and then you have the LED Hue app sensors that connect in there somewhere so you can control them with your phone. all six of the shops i contacted saw the wires and didn't want to touch them.

1821 - 1840 of 1853 Posts