Toyota Nation Forum banner
1841 - 1860 of 1888 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Toyota Camry SE 1 of 173
126 Posts
What I did today: Removed my stock spoiler on my SE to install one I got off eBay. Only to find out the holes didn't align. I did not want to tape it so I put my stock spoiler back on. Big waste of time.

Don't buy this unless you're OK with taping on your spoiler or I guess drilling new holes: FOR 2018-2021 TOYOTA CAMRY PAINTED GLOSSY WHITE V STYLE TRUNK LID SPOILER WING | eBay

Also I think it may be a knock off of the actual spoiler shown on the images.

Not too pleased.
Hi Rev might have theirs back in stock now

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Highlander, 2015 Infiniti Q50S, 2018 Camry SE
17 Posts
So in the past 2 weeks since getting the car I blacked out the chrome around the windows, added rain visors, blacked out the door handles, mirror covers, and rear emblems, added spoiler on the back glass, blacked out the front grill and added a lip, blacked out the marker light on the headlights, added fog lights, smoke tinted the tail lights and added some purple accents because it's my girls car and she wanted everyone to know.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Loved my Le Camry so much I got another.
LE - Ceramic coated with gtechniq crystal serum light, Tint 5% rear and back windows 20% Ebay spoiler paint matched, TRD Wheels on pirelli cinturato p7
XSE -Ceramic coated with gtechniq crystal serum light, Tint 5% rear and back windows 20% and 50% front windshield; Gonna lower it with RS-R and probably a 20m spacer
OLD

New

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just like most other forums, this thread is where you let everyone know what you did to your Gen 8 Camry today!

Feel free to post whatever you did, but please stay on topic.

..and I know it's early, but we're beginning to set it up because the subforum has been created.

:chug:
Replaced rear reflectors with new led sequential black reflector lights!!! Looks great! Easy mod! Also curious, I have a 2021 Camry SE nightshade. Can I swap my bumper out for an LE bumper?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Where did you buy the strut bar, and does it make a difference?
It's the UltraRacing one-piece strut bar. I bought it from a member of one of the FB groups who had it powdercoated red. It's a quality bar and I like this style better than the 3-piece designs. Most trims including the SE already have a factory strut brace that connects the two strut towers, so this piece is largely cosmetic IMO.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
552 Posts
It's the UltraRacing one-piece strut bar. I bought it from a member of one of the FB groups who had it powdercoated red. It's a quality bar and I like this style better than the 3-piece designs. Most trims including the SE already have a factory strut brace that connects the two strut towers, so this piece is largely cosmetic IMO.
I seem to remember someone saying that the UR strut brace is stiffer than the factory one, so it’s still an improvement…

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I seem to remember someone saying that the UR strut brace is stiffer than the factory one, so it’s still an improvement…
No matter which strut brace you go with, the brace is an addition to the factory brace. So yes, technically it's adding stiffness, but that doesn't mean it'll be noticeable or measureable on top of what Toyota installed at the factory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Integrated a dual battery voltage meter and an LCI2 bass knob onto my cup console. My stereo upgrade is still a work in progress but I am slowly getting there. The second battery is next to be installed and monitored by the second display that currently read 00.0 Tried to make it look subtle and stock. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Front brake OEM upgrade: 2014-2018 Highlander dual-pot calipers and Camry TRD 12.9” rotors. This should be a direct swap for any L/LE/SE/XLE/XSE Camry.

Initial thoughts: The first 1/3 of the brake pedal doesn't feel much different, but these things really bite when you lean on the pedal. They should also run cooler due to the larger disc size and those pad return springs, which my stock SE brakes didn't have.

Parts:
TRD/Lexus front rotor (x2) - 43512-48130
Highlander front left caliper - 47750-0E031
Highlander front right caliper - 47730-0E031
Pads - 04465-33500

Total parts cost is about $550-600 if you buy everything brand new. I bought both rotors new for $190, both calipers used on eBay for $110 shipped, along with a caliper overhaul kit for $15 (they didn't really need to be rebuilt, but I did it for the practice). The ceramic pads that came with the calipers had plenty of life left, so I re-used them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wrapped my roof, spoiler, wheels, window trim, mirror signal trim, and fuel door. I also blacked out the chrome in the headlights and added some eyelids. And finally, I wrapped the dash kit as I was unhappy with the metra kit quality.

Nice! Did you open the housing and paint the headlights yourself?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wrapped my roof, spoiler, wheels, window trim, mirror signal trim, and fuel door. I also blacked out the chrome in the headlights and added some eyelids. And finally, I wrapped the dash kit as I was unhappy with the metra kit quality.

[/QUOTE

It seems you have a bit of experience with wraps. Do you have an approximate price for what it costs to wrap the rims?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Front brake OEM upgrade: 2014-2018 Highlander dual-pot calipers and Camry TRD 12.9” rotors. This should be a direct swap for any L/LE/SE/XLE/XSE Camry.

View attachment 343095

Initial thoughts: The first 1/3 of the brake pedal doesn't feel much different, but these things really bite when you lean on the pedal. They should also run cooler due to the larger disc size and those pad return springs, which my stock SE brakes didn't have.

View attachment 343214

Parts:
TRD/Lexus front rotor (x2) - 43512-48130
Highlander front left caliper - 47750-0E031
Highlander front right caliper - 47730-0E031
Pads - 04465-33500

Total parts cost is about $550-600 if you buy everything brand new. I bought both rotors new for $190, both calipers used on eBay for $110 shipped, along with a caliper overhaul kit for $15 (they didn't really need to be rebuilt, but I did it for the practice). The ceramic pads that came with the calipers had plenty of life left, so I re-used them.
Does the brake hose fit easily? Like you don't have to pull on it to get it to fit.

And I wish I didn't see this post because now I REALLY want to do it too.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Does the brake hose fit easily? Like you don't have to pull on it to get it to fit.
Your original brake hose and banjo bolt can be used with the new calipers. The fit is the same as the factory caliper, no stretching at all. Toyota uses a one-piece washer that covers both sides of the brake hose connector, just be careful not to lose or damage it when disconnecting the brake line from the caliper.

1841 - 1860 of 1888 Posts