Toyota Nation Forum banner
1941 - 1960 of 2037 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just like most other forums, this thread is where you let everyone know what you did to your Gen 8 Camry today!

Feel free to post whatever you did, but please stay on topic.

..and I know it's early, but we're beginning to set it up because the subforum has been created.

:chug:
I installed JDM smoked out rear reflector lights, installed a red/amber switchback front DRL/turn signal, tinted the clear section of my tail lights and the side light of my headlights. Attempted to vinyl wrap my door sills, part of my door panels and some of my dash but that’s still a work in progress cause I’m still learning. Also will be installing new speakers and the TRD front bumper DRL/turn signal/fog light over the next few days. Oh ya I also painted my exhaust tips with a heat resistant spray paint meant for metal about a week ago and it hasn’t peeled, faded or chipped so far. (Krylon - High Heat Max). Bogar Tech Designs on Amazon is who makes the precut tail and headlight tints. I also have my muffler delete dual exhaust coming tomorrow as well as my K/N cold air intake.

Does anyone have suggestions regarding anything audio? I’m not 100% sure the speakers I bought will fit(can return for free) so any recommendations on speakers, sub sizes and makes and amp sizes and makes would be appreciated. Also do i need a harness for most aftermarket speakers or can I just splice it?
Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Car
Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Automotive tail & brake light
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Automotive lighting Car
Car Vehicle Plant Grille Sky
Blue Azure Wood Automotive tire Rectangle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Font Rim

·
Registered
18 XSE Camry, 17 Rav4 LE AWD, 22XT250
563 Posts
Nice looking 8th gen

·
Registered
102 Posts
Finally installed the aem intake and the 87 CAI tune from D3. First time installing a mechanical car part, and even with a half hour prep time it still took me 2 hours to install, load tune and test drive.

There is a noticable difference in throttle response compared to the 87 D3 tune.

Excuse the photo, I removed the aem sticker (not a fan of stickers)
Car Automotive design Hood Personal luxury car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
835 Posts
Finally installed the aem intake and the 87 CAI tune from D3. First time installing a mechanical car part, and even with a half hour prep time it still took me 2 hours to install, load tune and test drive.

There is a noticable difference in throttle response compared to the 87 D3 tune.

Excuse the photo, I removed the aem sticker (not a fan of stickers)
View attachment 364141
Did your MPG suffer any? I assume throttle response is better because it injects more gas to compensate for the increased airflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did your MPG suffer any? I assume throttle response is better because it injects more gas to compensate for the increased airflow.

Other than a 20 minute test drive after install, tune and idle, I haven't driven around at all, so I don't know what the mpg would be. I would imagine it would drop slightly but not by a lot. In theory, if I drive normally, mpg would improve since it doesn't take as much throttle to get what I try to ahieve stock... Also, during tbe test drive, I only heard the intake sound when opening up on the freeway. I didn't hear the hissing sound when I shut the car off.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
835 Posts
Other than a 20 minute test drive after install, tune and idle, I haven't driven around at all, so I don't know what the mpg would be. I would imagine it would drop slightly but not by a lot. In theory, if I drive normally, mpg would improve since it doesn't take as much throttle to get what I try to ahieve stock... Also, during tbe test drive, I only heard the intake sound when opening up on the freeway. I didn't hear the hissing sound when I shut the car off.
What hissing noise? I never noticed any such noise on shutdown

·
Registered
2022 Camry XSE V6
56 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
After a detail, black pops out more compared to white.
I’m waiting on my Celestial Silver with the black roof to be built. As much as I hate detailing a black car I love my C7 Z06. But if you get black I had mine fully paint corrected and than fully wrapped with Suntex and ceramic coat. It so easy to take care of no swirls or scratches.

1941 - 1960 of 2037 Posts