Toyota Nation Forum banner

What did you do to your Gen1/Gen2 Camry today?

324K views 5K replies 127 participants last post by  white90dx 
Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tree Grass

Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grass Rim

Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tree

Tire Plant Wheel Automotive tire Tread

Well I took the 1990 Camry aluminum 15.5 wheels I acquired stripped the paint sanded the polished lip and taped it off. I painted these Subaru rally gold wheel color front and back then pulled the tape and added two coats of clear.
still have to paint the center caps while this paint dries the wheels will have a custom JDM look I have the stock chrome accord and I will be mounting 195 60 15 w rates tires on them.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light

I have my Maguires 105 and 205 polish as well as my Dewalt adjustable speed polisher and a host of pads..and then finish it up with DA polisher..
So far the paint looks good a few chips and minor scratches but I am keeping the paint original..can't wait to get all my new brakes lowering coils KYB struts some new suspension parts..and adding the wheels and tires.

Mine is made in Japan model..
The maguire product is decent the paint is in good shape so only minor clay bar work, hand polish and then carnuba..
Glad you like my wheel idea I thought it was out of the box very JDM look.
Got $300 in the wheels with shipping and all factory lug nuts and caps..15 bucks in spray can airplane paint stripper .pressure wash a little scrubbing with 3m red scotch Brite pads. Used a mild file for curb scratches 320 grit on the polished lip ..
Paint had a quart of subaru rally gold and hardner think it was about 75 bucks for both..
Had some clear already..
So with wheels, paint, tires mount and balance may have 750 in them total.
And they are custom factory wheels..
Plus I can say oh I got these from Japan custom Camry wheels..

I was looking at 15 and 16 inch wheels with the gold center polished lip but most of them were tuner looking wheels you see everywhere or to wide for a fwd car.
The other issue they were all newer lug pattern hard to find a 5x100 in the correct offset to not jack up the handling of this car.
So I like the stock wheel look has a 80s turbo wheel look to it..but silver clashed with the red.
So I went new look but old school wheel it's factory hub centric and is basically plus one size so my speedometer will work correct..
Can't wait to get my AST 1.4" Lowering coils supposed to be mid January ship date.
Not cheap about 400 bucks plus 180 shipping..

Well I have gradually been putting the wagon back together..got the painted rear bumper installed pain in the butt two 10mm bolts behind trim panels took me about 4 hours to remove it 20 minutes to reinstall.
Converting all of my lights to LED of course the reverse lights aren't working so probably have to replace the expensive neutral safety switch..
Couldn't wait so installed my wheels and tires still need to do the front brakes and my lowering coils won't be in till mid January so those and kybs and new sway bar bushings strut cap bearings new rubber boots and bump stops will go in next month..
Tomorrow I crack on with new headlights and rebuild the front section..
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car Land vehicle

Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Plant

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire Car

Yes clips are broke and some were previously broken..but they sell a two part epoxy at NAPA specifically made for plastic clip repair..
But you have to pull the panels to change the reverse and 3rd brake light bulb..
The led 1156 bulb looks good in the 3rd brake light assembly..still need to clean the lense and add some clear the red lense is faded.
The taillight and turn signals look good with led bulbs..I added to resistors in line and will do that for the front so no hyperflash..

I was talking about removing the side panels so you can get to the bolts that hold on the bumper cover. You're luck you have all the interior pieces most often they end up broken and/or missing.
[/QUOT
I was talking about removing the side panels so you can get to the bolts that hold on the bumper cover. You're luck you have all the interior pieces most often they end up broken and/or missing.
No problem with the side panels all in tact mainly the liftback trim had broken clips which I will repair before reinstall

Well I spent the last few days getting all of my led lights installed and the reinstalled the front bumper valance new lights headed panel and grill.
Today I finished that now detailing the paint lots of interior cleaning yet to do and motor cleaning..
Lowering springs should be in later this month not cheap and I will install new kybs and other stuff too.
I may pull it out this evening to take pictures with the new leds.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle