Toyota Nation Forum banner
4361 - 4380 of 4408 Posts

·
Toyota Collector
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,361 ·
Did you grab the strut bar? Or you already have one. Also the dome light is a nice upgrade.

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,633 Posts
Did you grab the strut bar? Or you already have one. Also the dome light is a nice upgrade.
I already had one from a few years ago. I was so rushed I didn’t even bother to check if this one still had it but it likely does. It has only been on the yard for 6 days. Pretty clean interior, looks like a fender bender totaled it.
What’s the difference in dome light?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Last weekend I sold most of my Gen2 spare parts to a young dude with a '91 4 cyl wagon. He didn't expect to leave with an ES250 strut brace haha We talked about Gen 2 maintenance and upgrades for a little while and then he went on his way.
Sorry to see it finally happen man. Glad to hear you were able to pass the parts on!

I cleaned out my fenders today - passenger side had a nice pile in it. Also topped off the fluids for an upcoming Tahoe trip. Nothing too exciting.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Wasn't really sure where to post this. I just rediscovered ImportArchive.com - they've got old brochures and stuff from Japanese vehicles.

Anyway, they have spec sheets for the V20 Camry. Apparently 1988 Alltracs only came in manual, in 89 manual was an option on the DLX Alltrac only, and the manual wasn't offered on the alltrac in 91. No info for 1990. I would guess that Alltrac manuals (especially in the LE trim) are exceedingly rare.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
9,089 Posts
Anyway, they have spec sheets for the V20 Camry. Apparently 1988 Alltracs only came in manual, in 89 manual was an option on the DLX Alltrac only, and the manual wasn't offered on the alltrac in 91. No info for 1990. I would guess that Alltrac manuals (especially in the LE trim) are exceedingly rare.
The only way to get a manual LE (in the US) was in an Alltrac...

-Charlie

·
Toyota Collector
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,371 ·
According to ToyoDIY there was a U.S. LE 5-speed in 1987 (SV21) and in 1988, SV21, SV25, VZV21. After that no U.S. LE 5-speed any chassis.

·
Registered
86 Posts
In the past week, I’ve;

Inspected and tightened the timing belt

Replaced the Cap, Rotor, Coil and Spark Plugs

Cooling Fans weren’t coming on, disconnected the sensor, now they’re on all-the-time. No more overheating

Replaced the front marker lamp

Replaced the left rear taillight

Removed a trailer hitch (?)

Replaced the left and right turn signal lamps

Painted the rusty fuel door

Painted the rusty wiper arms

Removed the carpet

Removed the rear seats and trim

Replaced the door lock cylinders

Replaced the front grille

Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, been a while but I've done a lot. Notable recent work... 5SFE is running strong since I swapped out the 3S (~2.5 yrs ago) when a ring gave it up. Just got the windows tinted, got the parts needed for a rear disc swap, new tires + Konig wheels I found for a song (will post pics in a bit), and some other misc maintenance. Will be replacing rear control arm bushings soon. Looking into the ES250 BC coilovers, which are discontinued but apparently BC will make them if you order, so I may test that out. Also, will swap the turn signals to the parking lights, and may replace the old signals with driving lights.. such a low priority since I rarely drive it at night. Oh, and new carpet in the spring!

Plans for the future.... might be toying with a fruitless idea here, but I've been thinking about this for a while, just need to measure the engine dimensions to see if it's even feasible. 2GR-FE + TC 6 spd swap, anyone?

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
9,089 Posts
2GR-FE + TC 6 spd swap, anyone?
Likely possible, but height and radiator clearance would be a challenge. Lots more custom work than a 3s-gte...

-Charlie

·
Registered
52 Posts
Likely possible, but height and radiator clearance would be a challenge. Lots more custom work than a 3s-gte...

-Charlie
Lots of custom work for sure, not a big deal really. Main concern is dimensions. Need to measure a 2GR to see if it's even feasible, but if it'll fit, the rest is not overly concerning to me. Reliable NA power! And if it doesn't fit, than a 3S of a flavor it'll be...

·
Registered
91 Camry DX 5-Speed 3SFE, 88 Camry Base Auto
23 Posts
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire

Been a minute, but finally got the tan 88 up and running after working on it every weekend for a month and a half. It's a list between two cars, so bare with me.

Tan 88 Camry: Timing has been fixed, major issue since the swap. New radiator, hoses, clamps. Attempted to repair the IAC, some success, but needs to be completely pulled apart and cleaned out. Running acceptable otherwise. Disconnected the power steering temporarily till I replace the steering rack and lines connecting too and from the pump, not that much difference in the driving. New fuel pump, gas tank cleared, and R1 Concepts rotors and pads for the front, to do, but have parts. New plugs, wires, battery, and terminals. Ground terminal was broken and killing any battery left in it.

91 Camry (Bumblebee): Found several issues related to seals and unimaginable oil consumption. Possibly loss of compression as well. Pulled a 5SFE out of a 93 Camry and about to start preparing for the inevitable swap. Might send a rod, might not at the moment.

4361 - 4380 of 4408 Posts