Toyota Nation Forum banner
41 - 60 of 268 Posts
Did a tire rotation which ended up breaking a wheel stud on each of the rears. Now I have to replace the studs and either get 2 new lug nuts or try to take the old stud pieces out of the lug nuts.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
Replaced Engine Oil and Filter - Pennzoil Platinium 0W40 and Fram XG3600 Filter
Flushed Power Steering - Valvoline Maxlife
Rear Differential Drain and Fill - Valvoline Synthetic 75W140
Brake Flush - Wearever DOT3
Replaced Rear Differential Breather - OEM Toyota part (mine was tested and was clogged; this part failing can lead to failure of the rear diff bearings)
Tore Rotation

She's good for a little while now.

Today i did the black head light mod and darkened the tail lights. Plus debadged all I could.
Tomorrow I'm adding tow mirrors extending my roof basket and if I can change the door handles to black ones

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

A few days ago picked up a "new to me" 2012 Seq Platinum. Today I installed some Bosch Icon wipers (have them on all my cars, they are the best), being in the PacNW we need them!

I also just figured out how to get the iPhone X working with Toyota's bluetooth, for music + phone. It wasn't intuitive, and I could get it to work with one or the other, not both. Very strange. But after much tinkering today I finally figured it out!

Did first oil change myself on my 2018 seq. Ive allways done a early oil change on any new car I own. I'm at 700 miles on this one now. Since this one uses just a paper element,you can spread the folds and see what its catching. Boy was I suprised. Lots of tiny pinpoint sized shreds and pieces of metal and what must be gasket material,(its blue chunks). Im hoping this is pretty normal on a new engine since any spin on filters hide it. yay.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Hit the junkyard yesterday and found a passenger side 3rd row seat track replacement. Swapped it over and installed it in my 2005. Now i have my entire third row again.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Swapped over a Sienna Limited wood steering wheel with controls and Solara E7009 Bluetooth 4CD navigation unit. Gen 4 to Gen 5 is nice!

Also purchased a Vaistech Bluetooth module to allow Bluetooth streaming. Just have to figure out the Bluetooth mic situation as the mic everyone was using is discontinued.

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Installed the Vaistech Bluetooth module. Now we have Bluetooth streaming in our 2005.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Replaced Engine Oil and Filter - Mobil 1 0W40/5W30 HM mix (Walmart only had 5 quarts of 0W40) and Fram XG3600 Filter
Tire Rotation
Adjusted rear wiper position so it would stay on stopper properly.

Reactions: mathewscarberry
Discussion starter · #54 ·
Hit the junkyard and scored a spare alloy wheel and decent tire to replace my 14 year old factory steel spare and original tire.

Also found a new sunroof glass to replace mine. The seal was bad and Toyota discontinued the seal. Since the Sequoia/Tundra uses the largest standard sunroof available on any Toyota, no other seals can be used. Glass replacement is the only option.

Install was a breeze and no now more sunroof jamming.

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Scored a great condition driver side door lock actuator from the junkyard. Mine was somehow slightly bent and it would cause the door to not shut easily (had to slam it). I paid like 20 bucks and it works like a charm. Replacement of the entire actuator is pretty easy with the window up. The junkyard Tundra had the window down and I had to remove the glass.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Replaced Engine Oil and Filter with Mobil 1 0W40 and Fram XG3600 Filter, flushed transmission with 14 quarts of Valvoline Maxlife Dex/Merc ATF, and did a tire rotation.

After replacing the radiator, I never refilled the transmission and it was definitely around a quart low.

Reminisced about all the trips and activities it went through. Traded it in 2 weeks ago due to just more rust spreading under it at a furious pace.

Tried to help a couple others with my experience.

I found an "Oak" tonneau (Cargo) cover to order , should be here in a week or two... changed the rear door (Hatch) seal, and did the split weight rear handle fix (lasted about 5 openings before it stopped...)

did the seats not want to let go on the drivers side front on each of the 3rd row seats? that is the issue I am having with them, takes two people to release them... one behind the hatch, one to push down on the bottom hook on the drivers side front ...

Seannon

Went over the paint issues on my new-to-me white 2006 2WD SR5 with Meguiar's heavy-cut polish (where needed) to clean up a lot of it and sealed with their M20 polymer. Only doing a section at a time, still have the entire roof to go.

41 - 60 of 268 Posts