Toyota Nation Forum banner
141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
15,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Today I went out and tackled another nagging issue. A slightly rough idle and high fuel trims. I pulled the MAF sensor which looked clean on 1st glance. Upon really close inspection, I found a very small amount of dirt on the hot wire. Cleaned it up and trims are back to less than 5%!!!! Huge win. Also cleaned the oil from the prior leak and now she looks perfect. Really happy with the last few days.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
15,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Got the VVT-I connectors replaced. Wasn't too hard but the passenger side connector literally disintegrated.

Also removed the hydrocarbon filter because it was saturated and likely not doing its job anymore.

20210205_235205.jpg
20210205_235158.jpg
20210206_000213.jpg
20210206_002246.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
15,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
15,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Installed a backup camera into my E7009 Navigation. Bought an eBay harness which made the camera nearly plug and play. The only things I had to do were ground two wires and tap one into the reverse lights. Any 12V camera will work so I picked one off Amazon with good reviews.

The job itself was a massive PITA because it's an SUV with reverse lights on the tailgate. This made running the wiring in a manner that was clean extremely difficult using the path Toyota used for the rest of the rear harness. I ended up disassembling a large portion of the driver side trim and running the camera harness through the windshield washer grommet. After running everything, the wire was a tiny bit too short. So I grabbed an old RCA connector set and extended the cable to the Navigation unit. Took around 10 hours between figuring out mounting, wiring, and doing it.

Totally worth it. I cannot believe I took this long to do this. I also have a microphone coming so I can finally have my Bluetooth calls work.
20210319_213830.jpg
20210319_213849.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
15,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Did an oil change using Mobil 1 0W40 and a Fram XG3600. Also rotated the tires and did an inspection. All looks good at 259K.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I took a few hours and removed the aftermarket alarm/remote start/wiring octopus that the previous owner had installed a long time ago. Wiring in the door, 3 or 4 modules in the dash/left kick panel and several connections. Crikey what a mess! Then I repaired the harness where necessary. Now the door locks work like they should, and no extra lock/unlock cycles just because you do something silly like remove the key. Anyone want the remains? You pay shipping and it's yours.

·
Registered
2006 Sequoia SR5 4x4
75 Posts
In the last month:
-drained/filled the transmission 3 times;
-painted the roof rack;
-painted the front and rear bumpers with truck bed coating;
-replaced driver's side valve cover gasket, spark plug tube seals, and bolt seals;
-replaced the bulbs in the HVAC and 4x4 controls with LED's;
-installed Westin steel mesh step bars;
-replaced wiper blades and turn signal bulbs for state inspection.

·
Registered
2006 Sequoia SR5 4x4
75 Posts
Replaced passenger side valve cover gasket, spark plug tube seals, and bolt seals. Also primed/painted the valve cover metallic blue.
Raised the rear axle vent to the bottom of the floor pan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Took a trip to Monterey Bay but prior modded the following:
  • PPL
  • Roof Rack
  • Ceramic Pro
  • TRD Badge
  • Raptor Lights
  • Tinted Fogs

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Sequoia SR5 4x4
75 Posts
Last week replaced the serpentine belt.
Over the weekend I scored a front tow hook, 2 roof rack crossmembers, and a Limited rear spoiler from a local junkyard for $60. Painted and installed the new tow hook today.
Over the coming weekend I am going to remove roof rack so I can paint the bottom and install the new crossmembers. Also going to paint the roof white, like many FJ Cruisers, older Land Cruisers and Land Rovers. When that is done I will install the spoiler, which is also white.

·
Registered
2006 Sequoia SR5 4x4
75 Posts
Added the two additional crossmembers to the roof rack, painted the roof rack black, and painted the roof white with a couple coats of 2x clear coat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Changed serpentine belt today after a all day squeak fest coming from the front of sequoia. Waiting for more parts to come in next week to bring it to a super comfortable driving condition. Rides a bit off right now due to blown rear shocks and what seems to be worn bushing along with loose steering up front.
sequoia.jpg

141 - 160 of 163 Posts