Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im building an x7 it's going good but I still don't know what springs to use.. im probly going to get tokico or agx shocks...but i cant get springs.. what springs have you guys used on x7's??? has anybody used mk2 drop springs front and mks stock springs rer ?? i herd that mk2 rer drop springs are to low is that true??

·
Registered
87 mx73
23 Posts
Im building an x7 it's going good but I still don't know what springs to use.. im probly going to get tokico or agx shocks...but i cant get springs.. what springs have you guys used on x7's??? has anybody used mk2 drop springs front and mks stock springs rer ?? i herd that mk2 rer drop springs are to low is that true??
check toyotacressida.net....you can get springs from 935motorsport.....

from what i have been searching, everyone goes with agx shocks...they say MK2 supra springs gives you a 1in drop, but base on pictures the front spring dont give that much, but the rear springs do....check out 935motorsport they carry suspension technique springs made for a supra but also will fit on your X7 and give you a 2.5 to 3in drop....i might go that route....unless if it's for looks then you can cut springs....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't check toyotacressida.net can't join..and i have done my home work.. if you look around the supra parts at 935 are available in other places no 6 month min wait... mk2 drop are to low in thr rer then has anybody used mk2 stock spring rer are thay to high??? i would like to hear or see how other people have lowered ther mx7's.... i don't mean to sound like a dick... i'm just frustrated...

·
Registered
87 mx73
23 Posts
I can't check toyotacressida.net can't join..and i have done my home work.. if you look around the supra parts at 935 are available in other places no 6 month min wait... mk2 drop are to low in thr rer then has anybody used mk2 stock spring rer are thay to high??? i would like to hear or see how other people have lowered ther mx7's.... i don't mean to sound like a dick... i'm just frustrated...
some people used supra stock spring in the rear and it gave them like 1.5 inch drop from what i read...all depends on the stock spring due to age...it could be sagging.....pretty much everyone goes with cut springs in the rear and coilovers up front....other way is to play around with different springs...rear springs are 5.5inch diameter....i'll be running 5.5x9.5 w/spring rate of 500lbs...which will give atleast a 2 to 2.5 drop on the rear....

you need to join first on cressida.net and wait....but its worth it because there is a ton of info on there, thats why i joined.....

·
Registered
87 mx73
23 Posts
thank you i think i'm going to use mk2 drop spring frt and mk2 stock springs rer ...
front mk2 springs will still give you a gap between the fender and tire....some people got .5 to 1in drop...rear might sit lower because cressida is heavy...just have to put it on and go from there..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts